Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:58 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [1]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2011 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
little12 wrote:
Three questions.
1. Does Yale SOM consider legacy status?
2. Does anything on the status page change once someone from SOM admissions looks at it? Like does it say "reviewed" or anything?
3. If everything has a green check next to it on the checklist does that mean that they got it or does it have to say "received---" under activities?

thanks!

1. It probably won't hurt

2. No

3. Yes they got it
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
lagomez is pretty much right on the money.

For the "legacy" thing, I don't know how much impact it has on your application.

When I was applying in 2008, there was a member in the forum who applied to CBS and his dad was a Columbia alum. He didn't get into CBS and the only "courtesy" he got was that someone from the admissions office actually met with him and gave him a feedback (CBS does not give feedbacks to dinged applicants, apparently). That's all he got out of it..... :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I'm sending out lots of positive energy in to the universe for everyone. Hope you all get interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Now I see why I should have applied to more than one school in a round. This interview invite line that's supposed to appear is all I can think about, very distracting.
Out of the now 3 people with invites, did anyone receive an email?
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if a lot of YSOM students live in NYC/Stamford and commute to YSOM? Or do most students live in New Haven?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Schools:Tuck 2013
WE 1: Big 4
Send PM
NYC will run you 1.5 hours by train each way, so that would be a long commute.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Non-Profit
Schools:R1:Cornell, Yale, NYU. R2: Haas, MIT, Ross
GMAT 2: 710  Q48  V39
Send PM
I have applied to two schools and working on my third, but all I do is check my email!!!
Lol goodluck you guys!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [2]
Concentration: M&A
Schools:UVA Darden (R1), Cornell Johnson (R1), Yale SOM (R1), Oxford Said (R2)
WE 1: 5 Yrs Mgmt Consulting
Send PM
Kudos
Reapp Interview Question:

I saw the "interview complete" on my app status, but the date was from last year's application. I called the admissions office to get a bit more clarity and they were very pleasant. According to them, they invite reapps to interview only if they believed something materially changed that would affect that previous interview. Other than that, they just use last year's interview in the evaluation process.

So, take that for what it's worth. I tend to read into everything, so I guess the follow-up question is, if you are not invited to re-interview does that mean they don't believe the application changes were material? Consequently, does that mean I have not proved my case?

On the contrary, if not getting another interview is NOT indicative of a decision one way or the other, then it's a looooooooooong wait for decision with no indication of where you stand. Would be interested to hear the group's thoughts.

Would also be interested to hear the answer to the earlier question, if anyone reapplied and was admitted without a second interview?

Ok, the MBA app logic tree ends here. . .cheers! Good luck all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
btk wrote:
Now I see why I should have applied to more than one school in a round. This interview invite line that's supposed to appear is all I can think about, very distracting.
Thanks

I got an email on the 13th, however, when I then went ahead and signed into my account it listed the invite notification date as the 12th. So to add to all the stress, it seems like the invite emails are behind in time :scared
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Yale SOM
Send PM
ThomasD wrote:
btk wrote:
Thanks

I got an email on the 13th, however, when I then went ahead and signed into my account it listed the invite notification date as the 12th. So to add to all the stress, it seems like the invite emails are behind in time :scared

Guess that's why I didn't get an email update. Logged in on the 12th, saw the invite and scheduled the interview that day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2013
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
perseverance wrote:
ThomasD wrote:

Guess that's why I didn't get an email update. Logged in on the 12th, saw the invite and scheduled the interview that day.

Thanks for the info, now it seems as though the interviews were all released on the 12th, before it seemed like every day someone got an interview invite. So waiting for the next batch of releases then.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
hmm maybe 19th be a day? did anyone get dinged?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Send PM
shaselai wrote:

Dings won't go out until the final week
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Send PM
ntenzer wrote:

I saw the "interview complete" on my app status, but the date was from last year's application. I called the admissions office to get a bit more clarity and they were very pleasant. According to them, they invite reapps to interview only if they believed something materially changed that would affect that previous interview. Other than that, they just use last year's interview in the evaluation process.

So, take that for what it's worth. I tend to read into everything, so I guess the follow-up question is, if you are not invited to re-interview does that mean they don't believe the application changes were material? Consequently, does that mean I have not proved my case?

On the contrary, if not getting another interview is NOT indicative of a decision one way or the other, then it's a looooooooooong wait for decision with no indication of where you stand. Would be interested to hear the group's thoughts.

Would also be interested to hear the answer to the earlier question, if anyone reapplied and was admitted without a second interview?

Many times a ding is the result a low GMAT. I don't think a higher score would mean "material change".
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Dings won't go out until the final week

i see... guess every passing week w/o interviews means toward a ding.... :|
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
ntenzer wrote:

Many times a ding is the result a low GMAT. I don't think a higher score would mean "material change".

I think a big part of it depends on what you got as application feedback last year. It was cool that Yale gave out feedback after the admissions season was over. I wonder if anyone was told that they had a material weakness in their application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
shaselai

Take it easy, man. The first time I saw the invitation post in this thread, I started to refresh my email as well as Yale online status crazily, and the invitation never came. After two days, I stopped that stupidity, and the invitation showed up in the email box.

The learned lesson is BE COOL. Eventually it will be your turn. Best.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  101   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts