Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:HBA(R2); Stan(R2); MIT(R2); Kellogg(R2)
GPA: 6[10]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink]
# of people posting their interview invite status update on this thread seems very small. With at least 50% of all R2 invites (=400) i expected many more people here would get invites
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
yeah, I expected more people to get invites too. Any clue how many from GC got invites in R1 or last year R2 on the 1st day? Maybe they changed their style and the invites are more spread out :) I hope so.. I didn't get an invite (yet). :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
yeaah.. on gc chat last nyt thr were around 120 members and around 10 reported invites... lets just say another 10 were super excited and got stunned.. :) still 20 wud be too low if a huge chunk has gone out yest... or may be a super setback for gc members.. Monday/Tuesday wil clear the doubt I suppose..
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: War veteran & gallantry award winner.
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [7]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
CONGRATS to all those who have got their invites ..... YAY !!!!!! :)

For all those like me who are still very hopeful for an invite .... Dont loose heart ..... As they say -- Its only when the chips are down that your real character comes into play .... So hang on everyone !!! 8-)

To make u all a little cheerful ... Here's a little of what I have dug up today-->

Excerpts from TWO of Dee's blog before R2 decisions last year:
Quote:
Date: January 21, 2010
We plan to begin sending out interview invitations on Friday, February 12. The invitation will be an email from HBS MBA Admissions ...... Detailed instructions will be in the invitation email.

We plan to interview around 800 candidates in Round 2, including some Round 1 candidates on the waitlist who have not yet been interviewed. Most, but not all, of these invitations will go out on February 12 so that all invitees have equal access to locations and dates. As always, we will continue to send some invitations up to and including April 6, the notification date for Round 2.......

Date: February 12, 2010
As planned, today we are sending out roughly 800 interview invitations to round 2 applicants and some round 1 waitlisters. Invitations will arrive by email from HBS MBA Admissions and will be sent out before 5:00pm EST today..... More interview invitations will follow, up to decision notification on April 6. How many? I don't know for sure at this point - perhaps 50 or so. The majority of invitations will indeed be sent today. We continue to review - and re-review - applications and are also making some preliminary round 2 waitlist decisions

Now the one this year :
Quote:
Date: January 26, 2011
We will be sending interview invitations to Round 2 candidates beginning on February 4 and continuing through February 16. On February 16 we will be sending some invitations to join the waitlist with the possibility of an interview invitation later and denial letters to all other Round 2 candidates whom we do not plan to interview.

Detailed instructions about the sign-up process for interviews will be included in the email invitation.

If you carefully notice the lines that i have highlighted, it is clear that last year Dee had clearly mentioned that majority of the invites will be sent in the first wave. Whereas this year she has mentioned that they will continue till feb 16th.

All of you who have been monitoring Dee's blog will agree with me that she has been very forthcoming and has genuinely tried to help lessen the anxiety of the applicants. So one should take her mail on face-value and trust her on that!

Also, most of you are aware of the absolutely grim weather that has hit Boston since the last two weeks or so. While it may not have actually hindered the process, it could definitely NOT have helped in making it any faster. I mean, a lot of the adcoms would have had problems in shuttling back and forth. So there is a good chance that they might be behind their own strict schedule.
But since Dee had committed on the blog to dish out the invites on 4th, they would have kept that promise, albeit with a reduction in the actual no of invites ...... What say ?!!?!?!??

So now the prediction: My guess is that we would see the invites being dished out in about 4 waves on 4th, 8th, 11th and the last on 16th.

{And yes, this is irrespective of the fact that I want it to be true !!!! :lol: I may very well get dinged, but for all you other hopefuls, all I want to say is that please don't lose hope !! Just remember that the glass is still "half full" :) }

Regards ..... Sam

DISCLAIMER: All the views expressed here are purely my own and speculative .... I may be way off target .... But just thought of giving my $0.02 to ease out the nerves of some young applicants out there !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thanks Sam.. you're a life saver!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
@tgtivyleague- Way to go man!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
good stuff tgtivyleague..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General
Schools:HBS (R2), LBS (R2), Wharton (R2), GSB (R2), Sloan (R2)
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 3 yrs - MNC Bank
WE 2: 3.5 yrs - MNC Bank
Send PM
@tgtivyleague - that really helps calm down nerves man.

BTW just read somewhere that 30 is too old for HBS? Any truth in that?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Harvard (R2-In!), Stanford (R2-ding), MIT (R2-In!)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.65 BSEE 3.78 MSEE
WE 1: Engineer/MFG 4+ years
Send PM
Ankeet wrote:

I imagine it's above the average. If it helps, I got an invitation to interview on Friday and I turn 30 later this year. I'll give you a better answer at the end of March. :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
 Q51  V46
Send PM
"kudos" to you tgtiveleague!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gobig2011 wrote:
Ankeet wrote:

I imagine it's above the average. If it helps, I got an invitation to interview on Friday and I turn 30 later this year. I'll give you a better answer at the end of March. :)

Same Here got invite and turning 30 this calendar year
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [1]
Concentration: General
Schools:MIT LGO (Admitted), Harvard (Admitted))
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my invite the other day - so exited and a bit nervous! Good luck to everyone else!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
babyif19 wrote:
Just got my invite the other day - so exited and a bit nervous! Good luck to everyone else!

Congrats, babyif19! Glad to hear it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tgtivyleague, thanks much ! excellent analysis.... Waiting and waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Energy
Schools:Wharton R2 (ding),HBS R2(matric), Kellogg R2(admit), NYU R2 (withdrawn), Haas R2 (withdrawn), LBS R2(admit)
Send PM
manabs wrote:
gobig2011 wrote:
Ankeet wrote:

Same Here got invite and turning 30 this calendar year

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I'm 29 and received an interview invite on Friday. I had mentally written off HBS, purely because everyone kept telling me the average age was on its way down, so the invite was a very nice (and welcome) surprise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
Did not get the interview invitation, waiting...
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: War veteran & gallantry award winner.
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Ankeet wrote:

Dear Ankeet,

I dont know if u have read the book called "Ahead of the Curve" by a HBS alumni, Philip Delves Broughton. He is an international (French) student who was about 32 or so at matriculation. If I can recall, he has most definitely talked about a fellow student (a military candidate) who was 35yrs when he had joined. So given both these examples, I think 30 should not be too many standard deviations above the average!

I had done some analysis of an earlier HBS class, based on what the HBS website details were given ..... which gives the no of admitted candidates (in % terms) relative to their WE. Shall try and search for it and post it soon!

Btw: Having said all this, let me also share with you that my own biggest concern with my application too is my age as I am a couple of years elder to even you also !!! :)
Two of my very close friends, one is an alumni of darden & the other is in his final year at Stanford - both of them have absolutely warned me against applying to HBS saying that it is very brutal with age & have predicted that I am ONLY wasting my time & money by applying !!!
However, the non-conformist that I am, I have taken this as a challenge as I truly believe that for any top-notch B-School, age SHOULD NOT be a limiting factor. The biggest concern that a school may have about an older applicant is about the possible difficulty in placing him after graduation .... But for a school of HBS's stature, I dont think that really should matter ..... Atleast that is what I believe should be the case & that is what has ensured that I listen to my heart & instincts & apply to a school that I feel is the perfect fit for me rather than not applying at all & repenting the rest of my life for not having even tried !!!

How correct am I in my belief, only time will tell ! :)

Originally posted by ShivKaul on 06 Feb 2011, 10:32.
Last edited by ShivKaul on 06 Feb 2011, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76  ...  147   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts