Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:31 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:31

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 24, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Confirmation of completion - Video Interview for Rotman School of Management no-reply@myvideointerview.ca To knnymathew@yahoo.com Jan 24 at 7:25 PM Hello Israel, Thank you for completing the online assessment component of your application. If all the other components of your application are complete and your supplementary documents have been received, your application will now be assessed by the Admissions team. To view the status of your supplementary items, please click here. As a reminder, we do not require official transcripts or test score reports in order to review your application. Thank you and have a great day! The Rotman MBA Admissions Team t.416 946 8463 Room 121 Rotman School of Management 105 St. George Street, Toronto, Canada M5S 3E6 www.rotman.utoronto.ca"
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 24, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Confirmation of completion - Video Interview for Rotman School of Management no-reply@myvideointerview.ca To knnymathew@yahoo.com Jan 24 at 7:25 PM Hello Israel, Thank you for completing the online assessment component of your application. If all the other components of your application are complete and your supplementary documents have been received, your application will now be assessed by the Admissions team. To view the status of your supplementary items, please click here. As a reminder, we do not require official transcripts or test score reports in order to review your application. Thank you and have a great day! The Rotman MBA Admissions Team t.416 946 8463 Room 121 Rotman School of Management 105 St. George Street, Toronto, Canada M5S 3E6 www.rotman.utoronto.ca"
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 7, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 24, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had an interview with Danielle. Interview section itself was around 15 minutes but the entire talk lasted around 20 minutes. I had to wait an extra 15 minutes since her calendar seems to be malfunctioning. I was silently on my phone before I heard her voice addressing me. Danielle makes you feel at ease very quickly and is highly professional. There are no tricks as she asked some standard behavioral questions. The Adcom primarily wants to know what your plan and thought process is behind an MBA. 1.Tell me about yourself/Walk me through your resume 2.Why MBA?/Why Rotman? (Why Toronto?) 3.What are your long-term and short-term goals? 5.What is your back-up plan in case you don't get into your desired industry? 5.What is your biggest professional achievement? 6.What is your biggest strength?/What drives you?/What are your core values? 7.If you could speak to the Dean, what 3 questions would you ask? 8.Do you have any questions for me? The talk was a bit more free-flowing. Try to pair everything up with a professional example and be honest. Do your research on the school; what are the strengths and how it matches with your goal. If you're at this stage, they already like you so don't worry so much. Good Luck!"
This user wants to stay Private
6 years
Canada
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 28, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 28, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"40min call with adcom 1. Walk me through your resume 2. What is the best thing and the worst thing that is possible if you don’t change? 3. An instance when you set a personal goal for yourself and you achieved it? 4. An instance when you set a goal personal and you didn’t achieve it? What did you do? Learn? 5. Why Rotman? 6. Why MBA?/talk about post MBA goal and how does that tie to your LT? 7. Questions for me? 8. What skills would you like to develop when you come here? 9. What other places you applied to? And have you heard from them? 10. If I was given 100,000$ for my business what would I do?"
NCC
4.2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 2, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 8, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"This was my first interview for any school so was pretty nervous. Interview was with Ms. Lynda Vanderburgh and she really made me feel comfortable right off the bat. While the interview was a mix of the usual interview Qs and behavioral Qs, it overall felt conversational which helped. Qs not in any particular order, missing some Qs because cannot remember. 1. Take me through your resume in about 2 mins (def went over 2 mins) - follow ups regarding some points I mentioned, just out of her interest 2. Why Rotman 3. Personal goal I set for myself and how I achieved it 4. Values that matter to me 5. Important life lessons 6. Which other schools I applied to 7. A time i was confident 8. Internship plans 9. Personal goal i set for myself that I failed 10. Questions for her My advice would be to stay in the moment, and listen carefully, and answer candidly while being cohesive about your story. My interview was 1 hour+. Offer email came in 10 days after interview."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was with Ms. Lynda from the admissions committee (she is one of the admissions director over there). Overall the interview was very conversational (she made sure I was comfortable in my space) and lasted for approximately ~30 minutes. The questions were as follows (although I don't remember the correct order and all the questions): 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Immediate Goals post MBA. 3. Why MBA? Why Rotman? 4. Views on diversity. 5. Most important learning that has had a major impact on you. 6. Challenge at work and what did you learn from it. Towards the end she asked me if I had any questions and I asked 2-3 questions. That's it!"
4.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 7, 23
Interviewed on:
Dec 13, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hi all, currently preparing for the interview, and some of the questions seem tricky. For instance, what questions to ask the dean and which other schools we apply to? I want to ask smart questions for the dean, but I don’t really have any particular, and I don’t want Rotman to think I’m not interested in their program if I tell them which other schools I have applied to. Would appreciate some advice on these questions! You are welcome to customize some from the following: I see you studied/worked at [other school]. How does this school compare to that school? What are some of the qualities you see in successful students in the MBA program? Or What common traits do successful students in this program tend to have? How do you suggest I prepare myself for the MBA program? How does my profile fit into the school’s diversity and inclusion policy and goals? Are there any statistics you can point me towards? Are you anticipating any significant additions/changes to the MBA program? Bearing in mind my goals, where do you suggest I focus my time and effort during the program? Based on my profile, are there any other contributions I may be able to make that I haven’t thought of? Looking objectively at the program, where is there room for improvement? How does your program/the admissions committee define student success? What new specializations or courses are currently under development? Who are some successful alumni you like to talk about? If you were in my position, with my career goals, what would you say are your program’s biggest advantages?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 7, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1) why Rotman , 2) why MBA now 3) walk me through your resume after UG 4) if you had the chance to ask 3 questions to the rotman dean what would it be . 4th is pretty common as well. My 2 cents -> be yourself and keep it conversational. If you know how to leave crums in the conversation which could make a talking point later the in the conversation . Do so . It helps to have a bit of control on the direction of the convo. Overall , do not try to give them the perfect answer , give them the almost truth answers . For instance why Rotman -> makes the immigration to Canada easier. don’t say it blatantly but giving the answer on these lines would work . They know it is the truth and aiming for a better life after MBA is not a bad plan by any measure .And don’t be surprised if the interview doesn’t last super long (40-45 min) my interview was only around 15-20 min . Ad-coms are busy people and less time does not equate to straight up Rejection (in my experience)."
Debrief posted on  Nov 3, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 3, 22
Final Decision:
Researching or Writing Essays
"Base on my professional in the financial services & Insurance Industry Focus on relevant coursework or projects I completed that relate to the professional job. By Israel Mathew"
0.8 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 29, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 14, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview lasted about 40 mins and the questions were the same as posted in previous debriefs. Here were the questions asked to me: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why Rotman? 3. What are your short term and long term goals? 4. Tell me about a professional achievement. 5. Tell me about a professional failure and what you learnt from it. 6. Tell me about a time you were frustrated with your colleague and how you dealt with it. 7. Tell me about a time when a there was a newcomer to your team - who might be from a different cultural, racial, professional background - and how did you help this newcomer to fit in with your team. 8. Suppose you have the opportunity to go with the Dean of Rotman on a coffee chat. What 3 questions will you ask her? 9. What other schools have you applied to? 10. Any questions for me? (I had already asked my Adcom rep course related questions during our pre application meet, so I used this opportunity to ask him more about the student life at U of T) Overall, it was a conversational interview and he made me feel very comfortable during the interview. Hope this helps!"
4.3 years
India
Debrief posted on  Oct 22, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 22, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Base on my professional in the financial services & Insurance Industry Focus on relevant coursework or projects I completed that relate to the professional job."
0.8 years
Nigeria
Debrief posted on  Jul 15, 22
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Jul 15, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"What is the admission process?"
0.8 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 8, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My R2 interview was with Lynda Vanderburgh. The interview was about 20 minutes including a few minutes for my questions. She was friendly and taking notes throughout. Overall, it was very conversational. What helped put me at ease during the interview was that she spoke about her own personal experience in regards to what I answered. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why Rotman? 3. What other schools have you applied to? 4. What is your biggest professional achievement? 5. What is your biggest professional failure? 6. What have you done to foster diversity? 7. A situation where you were confident? It could be either in a professional or personal setting. 8. Before getting to where you are now, what did you actually see yourself doing? (not a standard question - out of her own curiosity which I took as a good sign) 9. A learning that was life changing for you? 10. Any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 24, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 28, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I got the admissions interview invite on 14th Jan for the Round 2 application and had it scheduled for 28th Jan 2022. My interview was conducted by Ms. Danielle Spence who at the outset made me comfortable and relaxed. She said: "The interview is expected to last 15-25 minutes and I will not be taking much of your time and would want you to enjoy your evenings and weekend. I would be asking you pretty straightforward questions, similar to what you would encounter in a typical behavioral interview. My intent is not to trick you up with tricky questions." While the interview was pretty one-dimensional at the start where she would ask me a question and then scribble down something during my response, the interview turned conversational towards the later part and I enjoyed talking with her. Walk me through your CV under 2 minutes and stress the highlights Why Rotman? Why MBA? Short-term and long-term goals? Which other schools you are applying for? A situation where you showed leadership skills and 3 key leadership lessons? (I think I faltered in here a little bit and could only provide if I can recall only 2 leadership lessons) A situation where you were confident? Professional setback and what did you learn from it? Biggest professional failure and what did you learn from it? What 3 questions you would ask Dean of Rotman in a coffee chat? Any Questions for me? I would say use this question to show them that you have really researched about the university, something that convinces them that Rotman is your dream B-school. Overall, the interview lasted 45mins."
8 years
Saudi Arabia
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 3, 22
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 4, 22
Final Decision:
Researching or Writing Essays
"What are the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders? I have worked hard in my education and now I'm apply my experience into diversified companies practice. But I have various real-time of work experience, I have a lot of exposure with companies environment. My courses acquired work experience with real companies or Organisation project for problems solving. To focus on my relevant experience ones that I do every day as a normal part of my most important activities. The Issues of Direct stakeholders are involved with the day to day activities with a project."
0.8 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 1, 21
Interviewed on:
Dec 1, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview today for R1 Full-Time MBA. It was a generic conversational interview with most of the questions similar to the other interview debriefs - 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Brief description of day-to-day activities at job/stakeholders involved 3. Why Rotman for MBA. Are you applying to other B-schools. 4. Have you interacted with any alum from Rotman School. 5. Quote an example where - a. you showcased your leadership skills b. you set up a professional goal and how you achieved it c. professional set-back and what did you learn from it d. you had a conflict with a colleague 6. What are your short-term career goals after MBA and how will Rotman help. 7. What will be your plan B career 8. 3 questions you would ask the Dean if you met her at coffee. There was only one interviewer (who joined about 5 min late) and interview lasted 30 min. Good-luck everyone. Feel free to reach out for any questions."
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 16, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 11, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"At the outset, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to post their interview debrief here. It was quite helpful during prep so I'm paying it forward. The interviewer joined 5 mins early. The interview lasted for ~35 minutes, including time to answer my questions. The interviewer was quite friendly and warm throughout and the interview was quite conversational. These were the questions asked: - Walk me through your career/resume in 2 mins and stress the highlights - Why Rotman? - Short-term and long-term goals? Back-up plan? - Biggest professional measurable achievement and its impact? - Biggest professional failure? What did I learn from it? - Any other school that I am applying to? - Learning that was life changing for you? - Detail a time you were frustrated with a colleague, and how did you mitigate the situation or resolve it - What are your experiences with diversity in a professional setting? What is your opinion on it? - Any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 3, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hello, I was interviewed by Chris Jones and it lasted for about 40 minutes. The interview was more like a conversation and Chris made sure to make me comfortable before he started asking questions. I was asked the following questions: 1) Talk about my resume and certain highlights in my career 2) Why Rotman and why Canada? 3) Any other school that I am applying to? 4) What has been my greatest achievement in my professional career? 5) Any dispute with my colleague during my professional life and how well I handled it? 6) Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself; however did not achieve the same. 7) Imagine that right after the interview the dean is getting on a call, what are the three questions you would ask her? 8) Any questions for the adcom. I had prepared a couple of questions and it's best to use this opportunity to clear any doubts you may have. However, please do not ask questions that are explicitly mentioned on the website."
3.2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 10, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Hi everyone, I was interviewed by Danielle Spence and she said that the interview will last for 15 minutes, 20 minutes max. She wanted me to use professional examples only. Q1. Walk me through your life post-undergraduate? Q2. Why do you want to do MBA at this point in your career? Q3. Why Rotman? Q4. Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and how would you describe your leadership style? Q5. Tell me about a time when you were confident? Q6. Tell me about a professional failure and what did you learn from it? Q7. If you could ask 3 questions to the Rotman chair during a coffee chat, what would you ask? After these questions, she asked me if I had any questions. I asked her 3 questions. Overall, my interview lasted for 35 minutes and she said that I will hear back within 2-3 weeks. Finally, I would like to thank everyone for sharing their interview debriefs here."
3 years
United Arab Emirates
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 26, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 13, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Hi, The interview lasted for 40 minutes and below were the questions asked (not in the same order): 1) Walk me through your resume 2) What does a typical work day look like for me? Who are my stakeholders? 3) Why diversity is so important in schools and companies? How have I ensured to promote diversity in my projects? 4) Biggest professional achievement and the impact? 5) Time when I was frustrated and how I handled it? 6) Biggest professional failure? What did I learn from it? 7)Why MBA? 8)Why Rotman? 9) Short term and long term goals? 10) Any other school that I am applying to? 11) Learning that was life changing for you? 12) Any other questions Thanks to everyone on this group."
India