Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Read Only User
Read Only User
Own Kudos [?]: 400 [1]
Given Kudos: 146
GMAT 1: 490 Q47 V13
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Re: Score went down on second test. Do schools care? [#permalink]
I completely agree with the other comments. If you still have a chance, pls cancel the score.
Although, most of the schools officially says they look only at the highest score, but still one may have doubt on 80 point difference.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
BigMuffin wrote:
I scored 700 on my first test and then 620 on my second test. I reported the 700 on my bschool application because it was the highest.

I did not choose to send any scores to any schools when I was taking the test. So no schools have my scores right now.

Now I'm ordering score reports to send to schools to verification and I realize that both scores are reported on my official report!

I'm worried that going from 700 to 620 reflects very poorly on me. I have just two attempts on the report.

I'm wondering if schools really only look at the highest score. Otherwise this tells me I should cancel every score lower than 700 if I retake it in the future.
Firstly, congratulations on the 700!

Your 620 does not reflect "very poorly" on you. It certainly does not help you, but that does not mean that you need to worry too much about this score. And you really shouldn't, as there is nothing that can be done now, unless you can still cancel your score (72 hour window).

Finally, as you said, cancelling any future scores lower than 700 makes sense, although I hope you get a higher score and don't have to go for a cancellation :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
I agree with what already has been said. If possible, you should cancel your second score.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
BigMuffin wrote:
I scored 700 on my first test and then 620 on my second test. I reported the 700 on my bschool application because it was the highest.

I did not choose to send any scores to any schools when I was taking the test. So no schools have my scores right now.

Now I'm ordering score reports to send to schools to verification and I realize that both scores are reported on my official report!

I'm worried that going from 700 to 620 reflects very poorly on me. I have just two attempts on the report.

I'm wondering if schools really only look at the highest score. Otherwise this tells me I should cancel every score lower than 700 if I retake it in the future.

You should cancel your 620 immediately!!
GMAT Club Bot