Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:21 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship and Technology
Schools:UCLA, USC, NYU
GMAT 2: 680 GMAT 3: 640
GPA: 3.55
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management; Finance
Schools:Wharton (int); Booth (int)
 Q49  V42
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Should I take the GMAT a 4th time? [#permalink]
You already have a highest score of 680, and your expectation is till 700 - I wouldn't advise you to take it the 4th time. The school is anyways going to consider your highest score which is 680, which is not definitely the weakest score. Yes, it will also not be a strong point in your profile. Regarding the quant part, the A in the extension course should definitely help to address the adcom concern.

What you should really focus your efforts on is your applications. Other than USC, first four schools are going to be very competitive and even someone with a 750 score, chances are low. To have a good chance, you will need to execute your application exceptionally well and make sure that your application properly reflects your strength and adequately address the weakness. Execution is the key.

Round 3 is usually the most difficult to get into because most of the seats are already filled. Even if you don't get an admissions call from USC in R3, I'd definitely recommend applying to the school in R1 during the coming fall.

Good luck!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mhla82,

I had initially been under the impression that your GMAT score was a 640, and you believed you could improve your score to the low 700's. After revisiting your post I see that your highest GMAT score was a 680. With regards to whether you should retake the GMAT, you should be very realistic about what score you believe you could attain. If you think you could only increase your score by 10-20 points, your time would be better spent elsewhere in your application.

I hope this was of help. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
GMAT Club Bot