Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 20:23 It is currently 15 May 2024, 20:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V41
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1683 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, that's what EVERYONE says... now it's fully proven! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, I was enraged last night :twisted:

Their RC had subjective answers, their CR was just wrong, and the SC had incorrect grammar rules.

Their math was just plain wrong or extremely poorly worded (I didn't know what some of the questions were asking). Also, one question was a calculate the average cost thing, which are a joke, except they didn't tell you the costs lol. So Iwas like ughhhhhh right.

How is Manhattan GMAT? Any better? Do they actually scale your score like the GMAC? I find that McGraw Hill & Kaplan do 0 scaling, and just go by the # of questions you got wrong, regardless of whether the question was super easy or impossible...

Anyways I'm going to do some normal studying now. Take care guys.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
check on my hundred other posts on MGMAT CAT ;) But in short, the verbal is pretty good (one or two questionable ones), best of the ones I've taken. Math is uber-hard, GMATClub Challenges hard! Add 2-4 pts to your math score.

I'd be interested to see how you do on the math for MGMAT CAT! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just did Paper Test #14

CR: 15/16 (30 mins, 5 over)
DS: 21/22 (18 mins, 7 under)
RC: 19/23 (40 mins, 15 over, wtf?! impossible reading/questions)
PS: 16/16 (16 mins, 9 under)
SC: 19/22 (28 mins, 3 over)
PS: 16/16 (18 mins, 7 under)

total: math, 51/52, corrected = 51 - 1/4 + 0.5 = 51.25 == 51 corrected
verbal: 53/61, corrected = 53 - 8/4 + 0.5 = 51.5 == 51 corrected

51 raw quant scales to 50Q
51 raw verbal scales to 43V

102 total raw is a 740

50/43 = 740

OK test, don't think it was accurate....

getting 8 wrong out of 61 is a 43V, but getting 8 wrong out of 41 is a 46 ...

Anyways the difficulty wasn't that hard, except for RC. Didn't really challenge me, plus its 113 questions vs the standard 78 questions now, 45% more questions. I prefer less questions but more difficulty.
Still disappointing that it's not 760-770 but it seems like the old tests were super easy....

thansk I don't know where to get MGMAT, if you wanna send lemme know ;)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
if you get a Manhattan book, you get all 6 for free. Otherwise, https://www.manhattangmat.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMATPaper Test #25

Math 52/52 , 51Q
Verb 4 wrong, corrected score 55/60 (46V). (2x SC, 1x RC, 1x CR)

overall 780

Again paper tests are kind of useless..........
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Crappy day today... getting depressed with life... have to stop drinking so much

did some GMAT OG10 verbal CR, 2 chunks
1-20 then 21-50

got 18/20 then 29/30, so a 47/50 so 94%

did 10SC, got 9/10 right (got #10 wrong - tricky). - 90%

some were super tricky but I figured them out, the ones I got wrong I couldn't understand what the question was asking, so I didn't know what I was looking out for.

Doing 50 CR tomorrow along with 100SC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey bro,

Keep at it... I found out the same thing about the paper tests... not exactly accurate... Over the course of my prep, I bought the Kaplan books, the PR books, and found them all to be lacking. In these last few days of prep, I've resolved to just use the 11th ed OG book, along with the Quant and Verbal supplemental books.

You're posts are inspirational bro.. oh yah, about the liquor, I'd resolved to stop completely while studying.. Some days my brain is slow enough without losing extra brain cells... haha...

Cheers, :-D

AK
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey AK, thanks :-) Yeah, stick to OG, plus some other stuff. Kaplan, McGraw, etc are all useless I find. What I'm doing is just doing the questions, 20-30 at a time, and seeing what my 'hit' rate is, so to say. I'm aiming for 95% in everything except RC =P You can't really study for RC, and you're always bound to get some wrong. I just keep in mind some dumb rules I've come across:

- Pick the 'medium' choice, if a passage seems to be harshly critical, GMAT would want you to say it 'disapproves' of the passage instead of saying that it 'scourns' the passage etc.
- Anything about minorities, women, etc is always positive :-) I think it was in McGraw Hill, haha, I found that funny. They said that GMAT got in crap for being racist, so now they always portray lots of minority passages with super positive tones =P
- If you get a highly scientific passage you're SOOL. Like the ones with 50 different scientific names and it all relates them together etc...... yah..... that's just called guessing :-)

But yeah I did some verbal studying today, going to do some math tomorrow (it's always good to switch it up, otherwise you get used to thinking with one side of the brain, and when you go to switch over you find you do terrible haha).

Anyways I did:

OG10

Questions 61 to 150 in SC, got 82/90 right, 91%. I got 24/30 on the first few, but I did those 30 in 23 minutes, and I would have gotten only 3 wrong if I took my time. The other 60 I got 2 wrong, so 97%. I saw about 5 repeats I think; but again, most of the time I forget the answers to the repeats so I have to reanswer them anyways.

CR, questions 51-97, 47 in total, got.... 1 wrong

:twisted: 8-) so 98% :D

Anyways going to finish off OG10, then do OG11 in Poland, then go write the beast. I'm getting more comfortable with Verbal, I don't really think about answers, and I'm 95% confident of my answers now-- which correlates pretty well hah.

I cut down on the drinking a bit.... its tough but ya... smoking on the other hand, that's another story...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
StartupAddict wrote:
I cut down on the drinking a bit.... its tough but ya... smoking on the other hand, that's another story...

I'm living in Paris and studying for this exam. Smoking is so tempting....must not succumb....

excellent progress by the way.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
mayonnai5e wrote:
StartupAddict wrote:

I'm living in Paris and studying for this exam. Smoking is so tempting....must not succumb....

excellent progress by the way.

thanks. how is paris? I hear it's beautiful. I may visit it one day (Legion Etrange). Lived twice in Montreal... didn't smoke nearly as much as I did in NYC, though. My record was 3 packs in one day!

I'm leaving for Poland in a week and a half.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
StartupAddict wrote:
Anyways going to finish off OG10, then do OG11 in Poland, then go write the beast. I'm getting more comfortable with Verbal, I don't really think about answers, and I'm 95% confident of my answers now-- which correlates pretty well hah.

Hey Startup I have a question for you man... from your posts it sounds like OG10 and OG11 have different questions. I was assuming there would be a considerable overlap with a few new additions in OG11. Is it worth solving the questions from both OG10 and OG11? Is the difficulty level comparable between the two (if there is no overlap)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Startup,

Thanks for the heads up, I didnt realize that about the RC passages... Looking at it now, it makes hella sense... (and slightly amusing!)... I've been doing the same strategy, although with a lower hit rate.. heh heh... Just doing OG problems in sets of 20... review answers, then another set, etc... Wash, Rinse, Repeat...

Good luck in Poland mate... Farthest I've been in Europa is London... Would like to go to Germany, though sometime... NYC, Toronto and Vancouver are getting a bit too North American.. haha...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
gluon wrote:
StartupAddict wrote:

Hey Startup I have a question for you man... from your posts it sounds like OG10 and OG11 have different questions. I was assuming there would be a considerable overlap with a few new additions in OG11. Is it worth solving the questions from both OG10 and OG11? Is the difficulty level comparable between the two (if there is no overlap)?

Hey man. I'm guessing they use completely different questions; as far as I know, they don't publish an OG every year, do they? I see some repeats on GMATPrep / PowerPrep from the OG10. I actually haven't touched OG11 yet, so I don't know! I'm going to do it in Poland though before I write the real thing. I'm assuming the difficulty level will be the same; I don't think it's necessary to do both, if you do all of OG10 I'm sure you'd be more than ready, as it's not like the reasoning or methodology or material changes from time to time... the GMAT has been the same for quite a while now, and probably won't change. So I'd say OG10 is the same prep as OG11
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
AK79 wrote:
Hey Startup,

Thanks for the heads up, I didnt realize that about the RC passages... Looking at it now, it makes hella sense... (and slightly amusing!)... I've been doing the same strategy, although with a lower hit rate.. heh heh... Just doing OG problems in sets of 20... review answers, then another set, etc... Wash, Rinse, Repeat...

Good luck in Poland mate... Farthest I've been in Europa is London... Would like to go to Germany, though sometime... NYC, Toronto and Vancouver are getting a bit too North American.. haha...

Thanks mate. Yah those are pretty north american :-) Try Montreal, that's my favourite city in North America, everything is slower, more beautiful.... the women...... did I mention the women? haha. Germany is good too, I used to live there, in Koln, by Frankfurt.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh also, good news! I talked to my grandfather, I'm good to join the Polish army. Going to go as a Rocket Artillery Officer :twisted: It's about 3 months, plus Rocket Artillery Officer looks pretty good on a resume hah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBXooksaky8
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
201-268 OG10 SC, got 61/68, 90%

Got 204, 222, 237, 247, 256, 263, 268 wrong.

Took about 45 seconds a question.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6