Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Poor Qualityx      
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [7]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V27
GPA: 3.11
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: The main principle of feng shui is that our environment must be ordere [#permalink]
I did it only by POE.

aadikamagic wrote:
The main principle of feng shui is that our environment must be ordered to permit and encourage the
free flow of energy. One of the fundamental steps is to eliminate clutter, which blocks the flow of energy.

Based upon the previous information, which of the following statements is also likely to be true?

a. Proper ventilation will improve the flow of energy. - Out no info about this. We only know that elimination of clutter will lead to flow of energy. (those who know about feng shui, know that energy talked about here "inner energy " chi , which can't be improved by ventilation :-D )

b. Objects should be dispersed as evenly as possible around the room.- Only logical answer.

c. Square objects should be placed in corners.- Out We aren't talking about perfectionism. We can't conclude how o fit shapes and where, arguments talks only about elimination of clutter.

d. Walls should be kept bare except for mirrors.- Out Too This seemed little bit tempting to me, since this seems to talk about elimination of clutter. But elimination of clutter means having order , not minimizing number of things. (in most of feng shui homes I remembered there was at least a picture on wall :) )

e. Light colored paints are best.
- definitely out of scope

In my opinion this isn't good quality question. Asnwer:

b. Objects should be dispersed as evenly as possible around the room

Isn't totally satisfying info given in the argument above. Clutter can mean chaos, absence of order and etc. Things can be dispersed evenly across the room , but if there are many things still there will be clutter. :? :?

Anyway hope my explanation helps 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: The main principle of feng shui is that our environment must be ordere [#permalink]
Hi Experts,

Could you please help me with this question.

As per my understanding, Inference/MUst be true question should not have answer with new information.

Do you see this question alright?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
nightblade354 , could you give this one a shot and also give your opinion on the question quality?

I am quite confused...
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5741 [1]
Given Kudos: 3054
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Arro44, this is a very unGMAT-like question. I guess it is a pseudo-inference, but even still we have to assume that clutter = stuff miscellaneously and unevenly thrown about a room. This is a ridiculous assumption to make under the circumstances. This, right here, is the reason I like the LSAT ones. They are always good quality; I expect something like this from Kaplan.....

This Question is Locked Due to Poor Quality
Hi there,
The question you've reached has been archived due to not meeting our community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for better-quality questions? Check out the 'Similar Questions' block below for a list of similar but high-quality questions.
Want to join other relevant Problem Solving discussions? Visit our Critical Reasoning (CR) Forum for the most recent and top-quality discussions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
CR Forum Moderator
832 posts