Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC MACC interview coming up--pretty scared [#permalink]
CONGRATS to everyone who got in! i'm still waiting for my admission status. my app was done by 2/1 but they didn't receive my transcript for some reason, and i wasn't aware of that until i called and by the time i turned in my transcript (this time IN PERSON) it was a few days past the deadline. the lady who took my transcript and the people i spoke to on the phone act like it's no big deal if you're a few days late and that it doesn't really matter. not sure if it really doesn't matter or they just don't know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Im in the same position! I turned everything in on 2/19 yet I just received an email yesterday saying that my application is now complete!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WOA i thought this thread was dead lol. it was only me and jlister and now it turned into this!

for those asking:

1. i submitted a complete application near the end of January/beginning of Feb (i forget). i was emailed an interview date about 3-5 weeks later (don't remember).

2. i was formally told of my acceptance 2 days after my interview through email. an email received the day before, however, hinted that i was in. this is just my interpretation.

3. i wore a black suit with silverish stripes. i wore a bluish/black striped tie + black dress shoes.

4. the interview questions that my interviewer asked me are posted on page 1

If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at tempxanga@yahoo.com, i don't mind at all. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey squiggly,

did you hear anything yet? I'm still waiting
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nope. I'm still waiting as well. I'm probably going to send them an email on Monday if I don't hear from them by then.

Superel, have you heard anything?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Still haven't heard about an official decision yet.. the wait is killing me.

I turned in my application by the end of Jan. Got an email from them Feb 22nd. stating that they received everything. Got an email March 5th from Doris about scheduling an interview. Had my "rough" interview on March 12th with Cathy. Called and talked to Daymora about an update on the 21st and she said Cathy still had my application in file.

Anyways...what other schools did you guys apply to?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow..it really sucks that they haven't said anything yet, Superel. Who's Daymora?

I haven't applied to any other schools yet, but I'm seriously contemplating Fullerton now since my chances of getting in look slim, and I need something to pass the time while I wait for USC. What about you guys?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here. I only applied to USC. The suspense is killing me!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey superel, have you tried checking your status online? there's a link at the bottom. how long did Cathy say it would take? I had my interview on 3/14 and found out online on 3/20 and received a package on 3/25. by the way why was your interview rough? my cell phone went off during my interview. :oops:

better hurry up on CSUF. i think there deadline is coming up. at least there's no interview process for them and it's pretty much a shoe in. from what I've been told, CSUF has good accounting program along with USC. and CSUF is a lot cheaper.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ask80, did they email you when your app status changed, or you just checked without notification?

yea, i got into fullerton last year, so i'm almost sure i can get in this year. and i think their deadline is mid-june, so i have some time unless the program fills up early. i'm just holding off on applying because i wonder if usc is less likely to accept me because they know i applied to fullerton.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I read that they only give you the access to check your admission status online in certain cases. I don't think I was given that option... at the bottom of my main application page I only see " Technical support | Update Profile | Logout"

Before I left the school she told me that I should hear from them within a week. Its been 2 weeks since then.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well cathy said i would find out within a week. so i just started checking my email and online app. and i saw the "decision" link at the bottom. I thought they were going to send a email. and I did tell Cathy during my interview I was accepted to CSUF. not sure if it made a difference.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I called Cathy a few weeks ago asking about my app status because it said incomplete on my status site. She said I would hear from them in a week, but it has been 2 1/2 weeks already. I'm going to contact her tomorrow..any suggestions on what is the best way? Email/phone? Are they going to get annoyed and deny me admission if I keep contacting them?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would just be patient and wait. If you constantly call them, it might send the wrong message. With my application my status said incomplete for 2 months so don't worry if they haven't updated your status.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I agree... I submitted my app and all the required materials by mid-February and the website just updated my application on Monday from incomplete to complete. I called and talked to the program assistant in early March and she said they get really busy, and they most likely had my materials, but they just hadn't been uploaded into the system. She told me that they would e-mail me if they were missing anything from my file. They probably don't even look at the applications until they are complete, so I wouldn't take it as a bad sign...just a long process. It seems like the majority of people on this thread who have been accepted applied in January or before.
Good luck to everyone :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Well, I did apply 2/15, but my recommendations didn't all come in until 2/25. And when I spoke w/ her 2 1/2 weeks ago, she said my application was complete because I asked her to check some stuff for me, so she was going to give it to the person reviewing the apps. But I guess I will wait another week or two before contacting them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i FINALLY heard back from them and am about to schedule an interview for next week. would it take longer than a week for me to hear back from them??
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts