GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Oct 2019, 19:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What Executive Assessment Score is Good Enough?

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +
What Executive Assessment Score is Good Enough?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Sep 2019, 13:46
From Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts), http://www.mbaadmit.com, email: info@mbaadmit.com

Interested in learning if we think you can be successful as an applicant to a top EMBA program? Sign up for a FREE Profile Evaluation directly from Dr. Shel Watts, a Harvard and Oxford graduate with Harvard admissions experience and over 26 years of work with MBA applicants. Fill out the form on our homepage at http://www.mbaadmit.com

Opt to work directly with Dr. Shel on your EMBA applications! Ask about our current specials – Comprehensive packages beginning at $1695 (Compare with our competitors who charge $5,200!); Basic editing of one application for $1095. Valid through September 12, 2019.

You may have heard that GMAC, the organization responsible for the GMAT, recently released a new standardized test made specifically for EMBA candidates – “seasoned professionals” – who want to go to business school but are so busy with their careers that they cannot easily take time to study for an exam like the GMAT, which can necessitate months of preparation. Candidates are able to take the 90-minute test year-round at test centers in approximately 600 locations.

Among the EMBA programs that accept the Executive Assessment exam are Columbia Business School, Chicago Booth, Haas, London Business School and INSEAD. For EMBA candidates applying to these top EMBA programs, the Executive Assessment (EA) alternative is great news! This is an exam that requires far less preparation time relative to the GMAT and GRE, so with much less effort you may be able to get a great score.

But, given the newness of the exam, it is natural for candidates to wonder: What is a good EA exam score?

In general, the percentile will tell you more than the raw score. A good score is typically one in which you have scored in the 80th percentile or higher on the main parts of the exam. But, you should not overemphasize the weight the score in your admissions process. Because the EA exam is so new, EMBA admissions committees do not have data dating back long enough, over years, to assess with certainty how these EA scores correlate with student performance in the EMBA program or after. So, they will not feel compelled to use the score as major component in deciding to reject a candidate.

While some candidates have heard that a score of 147 might be ideal, we have seen candidates with Executive Assessment scores as low as in the 40th percentile in quant (often correlating to a 141 score overall) still gain admission to top programs such as the Columbia EMBA program. So, currently, the EA is not weighed heavily enough to derail most strong candidates in the event that the score is less than ideal.

While it is always wonderful to have a strong standardized test score, don’t assume that having a less-than-ideal GMAT score will close the door for your admission. Rather, through your essays, resume, recommendations and application form information, skillfully direct the attention of the admissions committee to all of the evidence that indicates you will excel academically in their program.

Do you need assistance in preparing an outstanding application to an EMBA program? Feel free to reach out to us!

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel (Shelly Watts)
President, MBA Admit.com

http://www.mbaadmit.com
Email: info@mbaadmit.com
Dr. Shel Watts, the Founder of MBA Admit,.com, is a Harvard and Oxford graduate with Harvard admissions experience and over 26 years of work with MBA applicants. Clients can opt to work directly with Dr. Shel in the admissions process. http://www.mbaadmit.com

Direct email address: info@mbaadmit.com

Originally posted by ShellyLWatts on 24 Oct 2017, 07:05.
Last edited by ShellyLWatts on 04 Sep 2019, 13:46, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Re: What Executive Assessment Score is Good Enough?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 11:58
I have no idea what a good score in EA is. But I appeared for my EA a few weeks ago and wanted to share my score. My aggregate score is 166 (IR:14,V:14,Q:18). I look forward to your inputs on how good or bad the score is. Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, MIT, NYU, Yale, +

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 10:21
EMBA2020 wrote:
I have no idea what a good score in EA is. But I appeared for my EA a few weeks ago and wanted to share my score. My aggregate score is 166 (IR:14,V:14,Q:18). I look forward to your inputs on how good or bad the score is. Thanks!

Hi,

That is an astounding score! We work with many EMBA candidates at MBA Admit.com and very few of our candidates have scores above 161. So great job! For many schools these days (2019), a score in the range 150-156 is still fine. Some schools will accept something in the high 140s if you have outstanding work experience. Wharton is a stickler and prefers close to 160 or higher.

Best wishes,
Dr. Shel Watts
MBA Admit.com
Dr. Shel Watts, the Founder of MBA Admit,.com, is a Harvard and Oxford graduate with Harvard admissions experience and over 26 years of work with MBA applicants. Clients can opt to work directly with Dr. Shel in the admissions process. http://www.mbaadmit.com

Direct email address: info@mbaadmit.com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.63

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 13:03
ShellyLWatts what is the highest score you have seen? And am I right to back into a perfect score being 18 / 18 / 18, not 20/20/20? Seems like that is the case and 174 is actually max

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What Executive Assessment Score is Good Enough?   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2019, 13:03

new topic post reply Update application status