Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago Booth Executive MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Guys, I've updated the thread with deadlines, essays, other helpful links, and decision tracker. Feel free to share your application updates with other applicants in the thread.
EMBA Programs Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago Booth Executive MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello all Round 1 applicant hopeful's, how are those applications coming? The deadline is today!
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Hello all,

Any Round 1 applicants interview with Chicago Booth this past weekend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
carbazzy wrote:
Hello all,

Yes, I interviewed this weekend (and looks like you may have as well). I found the experience to be a great one top to bottom. For those who are reading this and wondering, interview day took place on campus in downtown Chicago. It began with a breakfast with prospective students and admissions staff. The next part of the day was a campus tour/interview (order depending on what schedule had been given to you). The interview itself was a one-on-one conversation conducted with an alumnus. My interviewer was very easy to talk to, and I felt as if they were personally invested in hearing my story and adding their own perspective based on my questions. Following that was lunch with current students, alumni, and staff. The afternoon was a master class taught by one of the professors. The class was quite interesting and provided a nice look into the type of lectures (at least for one professor) that would be delivered at Booth. The admissions staff was (and has been) extremely communicative and open.

Good luck to all applying!
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Quote:
carbazzy wrote:
Hello all,

Yes, I interviewed this weekend (and looks like you may have as well). I found the experience to be a great one top to bottom. For those who are reading this and wondering, interview day took place on campus in downtown Chicago. It began with a breakfast with prospective students and admissions staff. The next part of the day was a campus tour/interview (order depending on what schedule had been given to you). The interview itself was a one-on-one conversation conducted with an alumnus. My interviewer was very easy to talk to, and I felt as if they were personally invested in hearing my story and adding their own perspective based on my questions. Following that was lunch with current students, alumni, and staff. The afternoon was a master class taught by one of the professors. The class was quite interesting and provided a nice look into the type of lectures (at least for one professor) that would be delivered at Booth. The admissions staff was (and has been) extremely communicative and open.

Good luck to all applying!

Yes, I interviewed this weekend as well and echo your sentiments. It was a great day and the entire process with the administration team has been top notch! Every event I have attended has been well organized and the staff and alumni super approachable.

Definitely hope I am admitted as Booth has become my top choice.
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Hello all,

Any updates from Round 1 applicants? I believe today is decision day.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was admitted to Booth! Quite fortunate to be considered for this prestigious program. Before I make any final decision about whether I will attend, I am awaiting the admission results from the other executive MBA programs that I have applied to. Once I've made my final decision, I will add myself to the tracker. Hoping for good news for all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Anonymous264 wrote:
I was admitted to Booth! Quite fortunate to be considered for this prestigious program. Before I make any final decision about whether I will attend, I am awaiting the admission results from the other executive MBA programs that I have applied to. Once I've made my final decision, I will add myself to the tracker. Hoping for good news for all.

Where else did you apply?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
fatmike wrote:
Anonymous264 wrote:

Color me paranoid, but I don't want to put that out there quite yet until I've heard back from all schools. Suffice to say I applied to some of the top programs in the country. I'll detail everything (background, schools applied to, etc.) later this month. Apologies for the vagueness, but wanted to respond to you.
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
Anonymous264 wrote:
fatmike wrote:
Anonymous264 wrote:

Color me paranoid, but I don't want to put that out there quite yet until I've heard back from all schools. Suffice to say I applied to some of the top programs in the country. I'll detail everything (background, schools applied to, etc.) later this month. Apologies for the vagueness, but wanted to respond to you.

Congrats on your admittance, I was waitlisted.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
What are your waitlist requirements?

EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
fatmike wrote:

Not sure what you mean, what are your waitlist requirements? I was added to the Round 1 waitlist for Chicago Booth.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
carbazzy wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Not sure what you mean, what are your waitlist requirements? I was added to the Round 1 waitlist for Chicago Booth.

A 60 second waitlist video for Booth full time applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
carbazzy wrote:
fatmike wrote:

Hoping for the best for you. Good luck.
EMBA Programs Moderator
Send PM
fatmike wrote:
carbazzy wrote:
fatmike wrote:

A 60 second waitlist video for Booth full time applicants.

Ah, I'm a Executive MBA candidate. Any advice for the EMBA waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
As promised, I am checking back in. I was informed in the last couple of days that I was admitted to the Haas Executive program and turned down for the Wharton Executive program. I have not made a final decision between Booth and Haas. Very positive feelings when I went to both places. For now, looking to connect with others who have gotten in to Booth.

WE: 54 months (plus PhD)
Sector: Biotechnology
GMAT: 720 (48Q/42V)

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
JohnAnderson wrote:
As promised, I am checking back in. I was informed in the last couple of days that I was admitted to the Haas Executive program and turned down for the Wharton Executive program. I have not made a final decision between Booth and Haas. Very positive feelings when I went to both places. For now, looking to connect with others who have gotten in to Booth.

I really liked the admission staff at Booth. They were amazingly accommodating when I had a special situation arise. Can't comment on Haas, but awesome schools to choose from. Congratulations.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts