Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: Yale '15 (WL)
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Noo...we'll get 'em next year guys!!

https://poetsandquants.com/2013/03/06/ya ... s-top-ten/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
aerien wrote:

Would this mean more invites for us R2 waiting applicants?? (forecasting a possible lower yield)..

HOPE SO.! :P
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Would this mean more invites for us R2 waiting applicants?? (forecasting a possible lower yield)..

I don't think so.. the rankings that came out in March 2012 were based on survey results from fall 2011. That would mean yield numbers would come from the 10-11 cycle (entering class of 2013) since the 11-12 cycle would still be in the middle of app reviews.

If I misunderstand the methodology, please let me know!

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... l-rankings
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
I wonder how the new building will effect the rankings in a couple of years.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:

Who cares about how it affects the rankings, I just wanna hang out in there ALL the time! Haha.

But in all seriousness, I expect it to have a huge impact on recruiters' ratings of Yale SOM. Nothing like environment to encourage happy thoughts. This will have direct effect on one of the rankings (I can't remember which).

So urarunner2, you've got a big choice to make now. How did you rank SOM and Stern for the cgsm? I'm sure I speak for aerien as well that we're rooting for you to come to Yale! :)

Originally posted by machichi on 06 Mar 2013, 16:00.
Last edited by machichi on 06 Mar 2013, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
machichi wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

Who cares about how it affects the rankings, I just wanna hang out in there ALL the time! Haha.

But in all seriousness, I expect it to have a huge impact on recruiters' ratings of Yale SOM. Nothing like environment to encourage happy thoughts. This will have direct effect on one of the rankings (I can't remember which).

So urarunner2, you've got a big choice to make now. How did you rank SOM and Stern for the cgsm? I'm sure I speak for arien as well that we're rooting for you to come to Yale! :)

The new building is going to be awesome!! I'd be lying if I said it didn't factor into my decision (I really do like buildings...) :)

Yes, @urarunner2 -- come to Yale! My decision actually came down to Yale and NYU so feel free to PM me about it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aerien wrote:
machichi wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

So urarunner2, you've got a big choice to make now. How did you rank SOM and Stern for the cgsm? I'm sure I speak for arien as well that we're rooting for you to come to Yale! :)

The new building is going to be awesome!! I'd be lying if I said it didn't factor into my decision (I really do like buildings...) :)

Yes, @urarunner2 -- come to Yale! My decision actually came down to Yale and NYU so feel free to PM me about it.

That new building is drool worthy.

I honestly don't know where I'm going to go and the larger problem is that I can't attend SOM's Welcome weekend! I'm in a wedding that Saturday in NC and NYU's Welcome weekend is the same time. What I'm thinking of doing is spending a early April weekend at Yale, absorbing the campus, and meeting some 2nd yrs then going to the Friday session of NYU's welcome weekend.

I also need to wait for Columbia to make their decision. It's similar to the IR section - need as many data points as possible in order to make a informed decision. :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Also, is anyone else having problems logging into the Class of 2015 webpage?

I've contacted Adcom and IT and they don't know when the problem will be fixed...
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
urarunner2 wrote:

I've contacted Adcom and IT and they don't know when the problem will be fixed...

I've had no issues but I was an R1 admit. Since you're cgsm and on a different timeline, perhaps you won't get access until R2 decisions are released at the end of the month? Just a theory... Any cgsm admits get into the 2015 site?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

I've had no issues but I was an R1 admit. Since you're cgsm and on a different timeline, perhaps you won't get access until R2 decisions are released at the end of the month? Just a theory... Any cgsm admits get into the 2015 site?

Hi everyone! First time poster. To answer the above question, I'm a CGSM admit and I'm able to access the site. Urarunner2 I think you've done the right thing reaching out to the Adcom and IT. I'm sure they will have the issue resolved well before any of the important dates (i.e. R2 Enrollment Decision Date on May 1). Hopefully I will see you all at the Welcome Weekend!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
aerien wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

I've had a few issues this week. I emailed the adcom and they responded right back. I was able to get on after I left my computer alone for a bit... but they are aware / working on it. Glad to know I'm not the only one with an issue! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mba2527 wrote:
aerien wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

I've had a few issues this week. I emailed the adcom and they responded right back. I was able to get on after I left my computer alone for a bit... but they are aware / working on it. Glad to know I'm not the only one with an issue! :)

I have access! It's a great website, well worth the wait
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
urarunner2 wrote:
mba2527 wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

I have access! It's a great website, well worth the wait

Woohoo! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
aerien wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:
aerien wrote:
Noo...we'll get 'em next year guys!!

I don't think so.. the rankings that came out in March 2012 were based on survey results from fall 2011. That would mean yield numbers would come from the 10-11 cycle (entering class of 2013) since the 11-12 cycle would still be in the middle of app reviews.

I don't think he was talking about the published yield metric specifically.. more along the lines of the potential psychological impact of seeing Yale drop out of the top ten. Some people making school decisions might look at the updated ranking and decide not to go there.. which could lead Yale to opening up more spots to reach their class targets. It sounds ridiculous but believe me I've seen people make school decisions before based on that "top ten" mentality.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
tokugawa86 wrote:
aerien wrote:
naughtyelf2000 wrote:

I don't think he was talking about the published yield metric specifically.. more along the lines of the potential psychological impact of seeing Yale drop out of the top ten. Some people making school decisions might look at the updated ranking and decide not to go there.. which could lead Yale to opening up more spots to reach their class targets. It sounds ridiculous but believe me I've seen people make school decisions before based on that "top ten" mentality.

Silly R2s making decisions based on rankings. We R1s can't change our minds unless we want to lose our money, not that we would change our minds anyways ;) I'm at least completely sold regardless of what the ranking is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aerien wrote:
tokugawa86 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Silly R2s making decisions based on rankings. We R1s can't change our minds unless we want to lose our money, not that we would change our minds anyways ;) I'm at least completely sold regardless of what the ranking is.

However that's just one variable.. there's lot of other variables at play including the new building :) , student culture, general upward trajectory of the Yale SOM brand, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if Yale starts calling admitted applicants a couple of days before the deadline? I actually have a deposit for one school due on the 27th of March lol... This won't be an issue if I hear positive news from a couple of other schools in the next couple of weeks...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  65   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts