Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2148 [1]
Given Kudos: 276
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3968 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: 41 Years having 18 years experience [#permalink]
soubhagya2906 wrote:
I am an MBA aspirant having 18 years experience in Telecommunication Industry in India. Preparing for GMAT. What are my chances of getting in to a Full-time MBA preferbaly 1 year program. Please let me know what should be my targeted GMAT score and which school should I apply for.

I have GMAT score of 690 and 16 years experience in transportation (mass transit) sector in India.
Is experience of 16 years suitable for full-time MBA program?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I have the same profile too with 18 years of IT experience. Looking to give GMAT this year. I just started my prep.

Posted from my mobile device
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi soubhagya2906,

at age 41 and 18 years of work experience, getting accepted to a Full-Time MBA program is going to be challenging, since it is common for b-schools to encourage applicants with 10+ years of work experience to apply to their EMBA programs instead.

If an EMBA is not an option and a regular MBA program is an absolute must for you, you could try applying to IMD, a 1-year program in Lausanne, Switzerland. The average age is around 31, and the typical range for years of work experience is between 4 and 9. Experience managing teams is highly valued by IMD and a high percentage of their students have led teams of 10+ members before their MBA. The average GMAT score is 680. As you may know, as an Indian applicant, it is always recommended to score at least 20-30 points above the school's average. In the case of IMD, this means 700-710. However, given your age and years of work experience, it would be very important to add at least 10-20 points on top of that.

Another option would be to apply to Sloan Fellows programs at MIT, Stanford or LBS.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards
Alex
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 379 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello,

Thanks for your question.

It is true that most MBA programs ( especially the top 10) are not welcoming to older candidates. European MBA programs especially LBS, Oxford, and IMD are more accepting of older candidates. Also, EMBA programs and global EMBA programs are designed for older and more experienced professionals. One year PGP program at IIM –A is also designed for experienced professionals.

If you are confident that in order to fulfill your career goals, you must pursue a full-time MBA, you will need to write a compelling and convincing story about your goals, accomplishments, and contribution to the program. You must also explain your reasons for the delayed MBA that convinces the AD Com.

Do your research and decide for yourself which programs in which country will best meet your needs.

We have worked with older candidates for full-time MBA programs. One of them (38 years old) was accepted into UNC Kennan Flagler, and the other one ( 30 years old) was accepted into both ISB and Oxford. You may click at the following link to read /watch the interview of Oxford and ISB admit

https://myessayreview.com/student-inter ... xford-isb/

You may also check out the following blog for helpful advice to older candidates

https://myessayreview.com/mba-topics/he ... pplicants/

I hope it helped.

Best,

Poonam,
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
soubhagya2906 wrote:
I am an MBA aspirant having 18 years experience in Telecommunication Industry in India. Preparing for GMAT. What are my chances of getting in to a Full-time MBA preferbaly 1 year program. Please let me know what should be my targeted GMAT score and which school should I apply for.

Hello soubhagya2906,

Thanks for your query.

Getting through a full-time MBA is definitely going to be very challenging with your years of experience. You'd rather go ahead with EMBA programs. However, if you are absolutely keen on a full-time MBA, you must write to some of the European programs, requesting a profile evaluation. Needless to say, please aim for as high a GMAT score as you can.

All the best!
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot