Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [9]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [2]
Given Kudos: 171
Send PM
Re: A clinical trial clinic in California is offering [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I think the issue is with parallelism of verbs.

A) leading...slow down - Not parallel.
B) make..slowing down - Not parallel
C) lead - slow - Parallel - Correct
D) lead - slowing - Not parallel
E) increases - Should be increase as it's referring to a plural word - 'transfusions'.

Waiting for the OA.

Cheers!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 363 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
A clinical trial clinic in California is offering older patients the chance to pay $10,000 to receive blood transfusions from younger people aged 16 to 25; however, scientists say that such transfusions have a much greater likelihood of leading to infections among the recipients than they have to slow down the aging process.

(A) have a much greater likelihood of leading to infections among the recipients than they have to slow down

(B) make infections among the recipients much more likely than a slowing down of

(C) are much more likely to lead to infections among the recipients than they are to slow down

(D) make it more likely to lead to infections among the recipients than slowing

(E) increases the likelihood of infections among the recipients while slowing down

Nice Question ..
Parallelism + comparison

Will go with C here ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
A clinical trial clinic in California is offering older patients the chance to pay $10,000 to receive blood transfusions from younger people aged 16 to 25; however, scientists say that such transfusions <u>have a much greater likelihood of leading to infections among the recipients than they have to slow down</u> the aging process.
(A) have a much greater likelihood of leading to infections among the recipients than they have to slow down. (Parallelism error)
(B) make infections among the recipients much more likely than a slowing down of-(make infections not correct)
(C) are much more likely to lead to infections among the recipients than they are to slow down( looks correct except I have a doubt on much more)
(D) make it more likely to lead to infections among the recipients than slowing(no antecedent for it)
(E) increases the likelihood of infections among the recipients while slowing down( while changes the meaning)
So answer should be C.

Sent from my Moto G Play using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
what does the word they in option C refer to? I thought it ambiguous either refers to recipients or transfusions.
I am a little bit confused with: they are to slow down the aging process.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [2]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos