Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 03:28 It is currently 13 May 2024, 03:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6885 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22203 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Advice regarding mocks and booking gmat [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi kreel11,

When do you plan to take the next GMAT prep test?

scott: I will be attempting the next mock maybe day after tomorrow.

Kindly advise should I attemot experts global mock or gmat prep2 . Also shouls I purchase gmat exam pack also (had taken it 1.5 years back)

Posted from my mobile device
Volunteer Expert
Expert Reply
kreel11 wrote:
Hi kreel11,

Kindly advise should I attemot experts global mock or gmat prep2 . Also shouls I purchase gmat exam pack also (had taken it 1.5 years back)

Hello again, kreel11. I am obviously not Scott, so I hope this response is not an unwelcome Christmas gift. For my part, I would sit for the official practice test. Anything else should be used for learning purposes only, not for diagnostic purposes. And if you want to just practice questions, why not go for some of the free stuff available today through GMAT Club, whether you want to practice small sets, specific topics, or certain difficulty levels of questions?

In the past, had you purchased the extra four practice tests through mba.com? If so, I am not sure why you would not still be able to access them. If you had purchased one bundle or the other, perhaps tests 3 & 4 but not 5 & 6 or vice-versa, then I would consider getting my hands on the other set.

I hope I have not overstepped my bounds. (I thought you might want an extra opinion.) Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

- Andrew
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
kreel11 wrote:
Hi,

I been preparing for gmat since november 2018 using egmat for verbal and gmatclub for quant. I am in the phase of giving mocks. I have attempted 6 mocks since late Oct (gmatprep 1 and experts global rest 5) and got scores as follows: 660, 690,690,700,700,760(todays attempt). Apart from this i am also attempting gmatclub tests. My quant is ranging 47-50(inclusive) and verbal 35-39 with 45 once in todays test(experts global). I used some tests of expert global 1.5-2 years back for my previous attempt in which I scored 600 :(. Its not that I visibly remember some questions that seem familiar and I also solve the question properly using the allotted time. Only few questions seem familiar but that too I am not sure.

My target is 720+. Planning to give few more experts global and 1 left gmat prep 2 mock.

My target is isb and iim in india and lbs nyu nus to name a few outside.

Kindly let me know when to book a date based on what approach.

Well it not a bad score set but the only absolute GMAT like tests are the official ones, kindly check what your score is, and follow accordingly.
If your score is in the 720+ line, you may take the test date sooner say a day or two later. Check out the link below
https://gmatclub.com/forum/beginner-to- ... l#p2313182
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MentorTutoring wrote:
kreel11 wrote:
Hi kreel11,

Hello again, kreel11. I am obviously not Scott, so I hope this response is not an unwelcome Christmas gift. For my part, I would sit for the official practice test. Anything else should be used for learning purposes only, not for diagnostic purposes. And if you want to just practice questions, why not go for some of the free stuff available today through GMAT Club, whether you want to practice small sets, specific topics, or certain difficulty levels of questions?

In the past, had you purchased the extra four practice tests through mba.com? If so, I am not sure why you would not still be able to access them. If you had purchased one bundle or the other, perhaps tests 3 & 4 but not 5 & 6 or vice-versa, then I would consider getting my hands on the other set.

I hope I have not overstepped my bounds. (I thought you might want an extra opinion.) Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

- Andrew

Andrew..thanks for the inputs however I had purchased all exam packs and question packs as well. Attempted those from jan to apr 2018. Also when I access them somehow it shows exams in old format
I.e. fixed order and more questions in verbal and quant.
Volunteer Expert
Expert Reply
kreel11 wrote:

Andrew..thanks for the inputs however I had purchased all exam packs and question packs as well. Attempted those from jan to apr 2018. Also when I access them somehow it shows exams in old format
I.e. fixed order and more questions in verbal and quant.

Well, that is problematic. I would contact GMAC™ and ask whether purchasing new tests would give you different material from what you have already. The changes to the length of the test occurred in April of that year (2018). I suspect you would get different material. I am not sure whether that would supersede the old tests. Alternatively, you could set up a dummy account on mba.com with the sole intention of purchasing the extra practice tests, which I know at least reflect the current iteration of the test. (I would practice those old tests again, too. It is highly doubtful that you will remember too much from back then, and official questions are official questions.)

Good luck.

- Andrew
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22203 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Expert Reply
kreel11 wrote:

I think you can take the 2nd GMAT Prep test. Also, purchasing the rest of the GMAT Prep practice exams is a good idea.
GMAT Club Bot