Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 23:21 It is currently 01 May 2024, 23:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Congratulations! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Congratulations!
Another Aringo client got accepted to HBS (MBA).
Two additional Aringo clients got accepted to Wharton (MBA).
Two additional Aringo clients got accepted to Chicago (MBA).
Three additional Aringo clients got accepted to Kellogg (MBA).
Another Aringo client got accepted to Darden (MBA).
Another Aringo client got accepted to Cornell (MBA).
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
How The GMAT AWA Prepares You For the Real World [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: How The GMAT AWA Prepares You For the Real World
Novelists write. Poets write. Why does the GMAT make business students write? Well, most business people will not write poems. Admittedly, the poet Wallace Stevens was an insurance executive, and T.S. Eliot was a banker with Lloyd's of London, but that's the exception, not the norm.

Winning over customers
So what is the point of making potential business students write in the GMAT AWA section? Think about the business world you are entering -- the postmodern, electronically interconnected world. In some rare businesses, you still have the opportunity to meet potential new customers face-to-face, but in most scalable internet businesses, such immediate personal contact is simply not sustainable. New customers will most likely find you through words -- through advertisements at first, and then more detailed writing.  If people click on your ad to learn more, presumably, they will be directed to the website of your business, which may have some illustrative pictures that can prove helpful in establishing lasting connections. Undoubtedly, though, the website will have to contain words somewhere within it to answer the more obvious questions potential new customers will have. There, your potential new customers will encounter your words as part of their initial contact with your business. That's precisely why your words need to be impressive and persuasive.

Fine-tuning the sales pitch
The GMAT AWA focuses on argument, as do the GMAT Critical Reasoning questions. Fundamentally, every sales pitch is an argument. A successful sales pitch is a highly persuasive argument designed to consistently elicit a specific behavior -- purchase -- from as many people as possible. No sales pitch is going to be successful if the folks hearing it see obvious logical flaws in it or if some commonly experienced circumstance gives rise to a credible objection to the argument. Before you send out words in the hopes of persuading people, you have to have a keenly honed sense of whether any reasonable person could muster a serious objection to your argument. This has direct dollar-and-cents implications in terms of marketing. Your arguments need to be sound if your advertising is going to be successful. That is the reason why business schools value these analytical skills, and why the GMAT tests students on them.

Takeaway
Of course, the GMAT AWA is not folded into your 200-to-800 GMAT score. Your full GMAT score report will give you a Verbal subscore and a Quantitative subscore, and both of these contribute directly to the aggregate 200-to-800 score. The GMAT AWA and the GMAT Integrated Reasoning have separate scores that are not factored at all into the aggregate score. To get into a top business school, it certainly helps to have an impressive aggregate score, ideally 700+. You do not need to ace the GMAT AWA section; the GMAT AWA is graded in half-integers from 0 to 6, and anything over a 4 is perfectly acceptable. A grade under that, though, would raise red flags. As long as you muster a 4+ score on the AWA section, that demonstrates a basic competence with writing, which is all that business school requires. You don't need to be T.S. Eliot, although that doesn't hurt either!

This post was written by Mike McGarry, resident GMAT expert at Magoosh and a leader in GMAT prep. For more advice on taking the GMAT, check out Magoosh’s GMAT blog.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
ARINGO wants to hear from YOU! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: ARINGO wants to hear from YOU!
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE HE
ARINGO wants to hear from YOU!
Take our brief survey and you'll be entered for a chance to WIN a $25 Amazon gift card!
Hurry! Survey ends April 26, 2015
Send PM
Congratulations!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Congratulations!!
Aringo client accepted to LBS and received the YPO scholarship for 20,000 pound!
Send PM
New! Columbia Published 2016 Essay Questions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: New! Columbia Published 2016 Essay Questions
Columbia published new essay questions for its 2016 MBA program:

Applicants must complete one short answer question and three essays.
Short Answer Question:
What is your immediate post-MBA professional goal? (50 characters maximum)
Examples of possible responses:
“Work in business development for a media company.”
“Join a strategy consulting firm.”
“Launch a data-management start-up.”

Essay 1:
Through your resume and recommendations, we have a clear sense of your professional path to date. What are your career goals going forward, and how will the Columbia MBA help you achieve them? (Maximum 500 words)

Essay 2:
Columbia Business School’s location enables us to bridge theory and practice in multiple ways: through Master Classes, internships, the New York Immersion Seminars, and, most importantly, through a combination of distinguished research faculty and accomplished practitioners. How will you take advantage of being “at the very center of business”? (Maximum 250 words)

Essay 3:
CBS Matters, a key element of the School’s culture, allows the people in your Cluster to learn more about you on a personal level. What will your Clustermates be pleasantly surprised to learn about you? (Maximum 250 words)

Optional Essay:
An optional fourth essay will allow you to discuss any issues that do not fall within the purview of the required essays.

Put Me in Business (applying in less than a year)
Put Me in Business (applying in more than a year)
Send PM
Free TOEFL Practice Questions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Free TOEFL Practice Questions
Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA HE

Stuck on how to make progress on your TOEFL preparation? We know the feeling. It can definitely be hard to find high quality and free TOEFL practice materials to help you improve your score. But that’s where Magoosh TOEFL’s latest resource comes in!

They have created a 75-page PDF filled with TOEFL practice questions that cover every section of the test. Every question also comes with an explanation, so you’ll know exactly how to improve on any mistakes you’ve made, too.

So if you’re in need of affordable TOEFL test prep resources and want to super-charge your studies, get started on these Magoosh practice questions!
Send PM
CEIBS Summer Pre-MBA Boot Camp [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: CEIBS Summer Pre-MBA Boot Camp
As part of an elite group of participants, you will have a unique opportunity to come to Shanghai for 5 days to live and experience China and the CEIBS MBA to the fullest. The program will expose you to our MBA curriculum with some of our most distinguished professors as well as let you dive right into Shanghai life and China business. You will get a real feel of how things are done in this part of the world – a perfect preview of the Full-Time MBA at CEIBS.

Requirements and Application Process:
The program is open to a limited number of Chinese and foreign nationals, who are considering an MBA degree in the future and currently enrolled and graduated from an accredited undergraduate university program anywhere in the world with a minimum of one year work experience. An updated CV and short application
will be required to for the application process.

Cost: RMB 7850 (990 Euros) includes 4-star accomodation & full board, all activities and transport, insurance.

For more information please contact Mr. Kan Yang - ykan@ceibs.edu

Summer Bootcamp Info: 
https://www.ceibs.edu/pdf/mba/summer_boot_camp_flyer_2014_lo-res.pdf

15% discount to all those who come through ARINGO!
Send PM
Congratulations! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Congratulations!
Another Aringo client got accepted to Chicago (MBA).
Another Aringo client got accepted to Berkeley (MBA).
Another Aringo client got accepted to Michigan (MBA).
Two additional Aringo clients got accepted to INSEAD (MBA).

Crossing Fingers!!
Four additional Aringo clients were invited to interview atLBS (MBA).
Another Aringo client was invited to interview at Columbia (MBA).
Another Aringo client was invited to interview at INSEAD (MBA).

Send PM
Michigan Posts 2016 Essay and Deadlines! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Michigan Posts 2016 Essay and Deadlines!
Michigan Ross published essay questions and deadlines for its 2016 MBA program:

Full-Time MBA Essay Questions
1. What are you most proud of and why? How does it shape who you are today? (400 words)
2. What is your desired career path and why? (400 words)

Deadlines:
Round 1 – 10/5/2015
Round 2 – 1/4/2016

Round 3 – 3/21/2016

Send PM
Transcripts and Diploma [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Transcripts and Diploma
Dear Aringo Clients,

MBA programs have different requirements regarding the transcripts and/or the diploma that the candidate is required to submit.

For example:
·         Some programs require that original transcripts be postmarked by a specified deadline.
·         Some programs require that official translation made by specific institutes be enclosed.
·         Some programs require transcripts to include special information (e.g. candidate's rank)

Each year, candidates miss deadlines for required documents because they are not aware of these special requirements until very late in the process.
Be wise! Check the requirements of the programs you are applying to ahead of time so you can submit all of the required documentation by the required deadlines.

We wish you successful and relaxed process,

The Aringo Research Team
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE HE
Send PM
2016 NYU Essay Questions and Deadlines [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: 2016 NYU Essay Questions and Deadlines
NYU Stern published updated essay questions and deadline for its 2016 MBA program:

Essay 1:  Professional Aspirations
(750 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
–  Why pursue an MBA (or dual degree) at this point in your life?
 –  What actions have you taken to determine that Stern is the best fit for your MBA experience?
 –  What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?

Essay 2:  Personal Expression
Please describe yourself to your MBA classmates. You may use almost any method to convey your message (e.g. words, illustrations). Feel free to be creative.
If you submit a non-written piece for this essay (i.e., artwork or multimedia) or if you submit this essay via mail, please upload a brief description of your submission with your online application.

Essay 3. Additional Information (optional)
Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE and/or TOEFL or any other relevant information.
If you are unable to submit a recommendation from your current supervisor, you must explain your reason, even if you are a re-applicant.
If you are a re-applicant from last year, please explain how your candidacy has improved since your last application.

Uploading Formats
You may upload documents into the online application in the following formats: word, excel, PDF, .txt, .rtf and .wpd.

Deadlines:
Round 1 – 10.15.2015
Round 2 – 11.15.2015
Round 3 – 1.15.2016

Round 4 – 3.15.2016

Send PM
Changes in the GMAT as of 7/19 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Changes in the GMAT as of 7/19
Two important changes will be incorporated in the GMAT exam as of 7/19/2015:

-The letter C, which represents a score the test taker chose to cancel will no longer appear on the GMAT score report, meaning schools will not see on a score report that a candidate cancelled an exam. As you know, since last year, test takers are given the opportunity to see their scores immediately after completing the exam and decide whether to cancel the score, although until now the cancelled score would appear on the score report with a letter C. This change will occur on score reports sent after 7/19 even if the scores were cancelled beforehand.

-Candidates can retake the exam after sixteen days (the waiting period has been 31 days up till now). The 5 exam limit over a period of 12 months still pertains.

Additional details here:
https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... cores.aspx

Put Me in Business (applying in more than a year
Send PM
Kellogg Published Essay Questions and Deadlines for 2016 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Kellogg Published Essay Questions and Deadlines for 2016
Kellogg published updated essay questions and deadlines for its 2016 MBA program:
For 2015-2016, the following two essays are required of all applicants:
1.  Leadership and teamwork are integral parts of the Kellogg experience. Describe a recent and meaningful time you were a leader. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)

2.  Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)

Certain applicants will respond to additional questions:Dual-degree applicants: For applicants to the MMM or JD-MBA dual degree programs, please explain why that program is right for you. (250 words)Re-applicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)
All applicants have the opportunity to provide explanations or clarification in Additional Information:
If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)

Video Essays:
After submitting a completed application, each applicant will be asked to complete two Video Essay Questions. One will be about the candidate’s interest in Kellogg and the other will be a “getting to know you” type of question.
There are 10 practice questions which candidates can complete as many times as they like to get comfortable with the format and technology. The practice questions and experience will simulate the actual video essay experience, so this is meant to be a useful tool and help applicants feel prepared.
There is not an opportunity to re-do the answer to the official video essay questions. We encourage applicants to practice so they are comfortable with the format once it is time to complete the official questions.
Candidates will have 20 seconds to think about their question and up to 1 minute to give their response.
We estimate the Video Essays will take 15-20 minutes to complete – which includes time for set-up and answering all the practice questions.

The first question is a random icebreaker question, with no “right answer”.
The second question will be: “What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?”

Deadlines:
Round 1 – 9/22/2015
Round 2 – 1/6/2016

Round 3 – 4/6/2016

Send PM
MIT Sloan Women's Week Google Hangout Invitation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: MIT Sloan Women's Week Google Hangout Invitation
Beyond Gender: Stories from MIT Sloan Women 

who have defied expectations and forged their own paths

You are invited to an Admissions Google hangout with current female students from the full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and Sloan Fellows programs. Hear how these women used the MIT Sloan network to shape their career goals and make an impact on their lives.
Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Register online: https://applymitsloan.mit.edu/register/WomensGoogleHangout

Send PM
2016 Yale Essay Questions and Deadlines [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: 2016 Yale Essay Questions and Deadlines
Yale published essay questions and deadlines for its MBA program beginning in 2016:

The Yale School of Management educates individuals who will have deep and lasting impact on the organizations they lead. Describe how you have positively influenced an organization as an employee, a member, or an outside constituent. (500 words maximum)

Deadlines:
Round 1 – 9/16/2015
Round 2 – 1/7/2016

Round 3 – 4/21/2016

Send PM
Register to Top MBA Fairs January-March 2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Send PM
Meet our reps at The MBA Virtual Tour India, South Asia, & Central Asi [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Aringo Blog: Meet our reps at The MBA Virtual Tour India, South Asia, & Central Asia
Join us on 2 February at The MBA Virtual Tour India, South Asia, & Central Asia, a free virtual event!

Whether you’re just beginning your research or preparing your application, this event is a great opportunity to network with our staff, get answers to your questions, and learn about our programs and campus community.

Interact with our staff at our virtual booth and get answers to all your MBA questions and get  your resume reviewed by Jen Turtschanow, ARINGO CEO.

The MBA Virtual Tour India, South Asia, & Central Asia

Thursday, February 8, 2024

6:00 PM to 8:30 PM India Standard Time (GMT +5:30)

CTA: Register Today!

The post Meet our reps at The MBA Virtual Tour India, South Asia, & Central Asia first appeared on ARINGO.
GMAT Club Bot
Meet our reps at The MBA Virtual Tour India, South Asia, & Central Asi [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4