Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 181
Concentration: Leadership, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q36 V28
GMAT 2: 550 Q39 V27
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V33
GPA: 2.82
WE:Human Resources (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting [#permalink]
Expert Reply
JDonaghy13 wrote:
Hi Aringo,

My concern is more with my GPA than my GMAT (Hit a 720) but was hoping you'd give me your thougts??

About me:

I’m 27 years old and am from Northern Ireland. Growing up I was fortunate to live in 13 countries (mostly Asia but with spells in S.America and Australia) and travelled to many more (35+).

Work Experience:

Currently just under 5 years. Would be 6 or 7 depending upon when I decide to matriculate.

1 years 6 months: After graduation I was employed by (and co- founded) a start-up which focused on providing VC, Executive management expertise and international marketing to small to mid-stage growth companies within the oil and gas sector. We had a VC fund of $5million, which I raised funds for, and my work took me to Norway and Singapore regularly. The partners have recently wound up the business as they have been offered senior positions with other start-ups (they are both VP level within the industry)

6 months: I worked for an executive level figure within a multinational asset manager to create, develop and market new investment vehicles. These focused upon the alternative energy space and were marketed to institutional investors in Europe alongside the larger Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds.

3 years Worked for another multinational asset manager, the investment arm of one of the world’s largest banks. Joined at the Analyst level and was promoted to Associate after 1 year and 3 months. Initially worked in global strategy but requested a move into institutional sales as I wanted to have a more direct and perhaps tangible effect upon the balance sheet, along with wanting to interact with fund managers, investment analysts etc more. Primarily worked on pitches and research for our emerging market focused products.

Present (4 Months): Business development manager, raising assets from institutional investors for an Asian based investment firm with responsibility for clients in the Uk, Netherlands and Ireland.

Extracurricular:

College: I played rugby for the college team; I also managed one of the intramural teams (Got the squad together, liased with other teams, secured sponsorship etc). Assisted with coaching of a local junior school rugby team in the area. Was a member of the university investment club.

After College: I sit on an alumni committee for my university which gets events going in and around the capital and which also seeks to increase alumni involvement with the university for mutual benefit. Participate in various charities and do volunteer work. I have climbed Mt Kilimanjaro to raise money for charity and have helped to build an orphanage in Vietnam. I continue to travel as opportunity allows, and hobbies include golf and rugby.

Qualifications:
I have been accepted onto a part time MSc in Finance at Cass Business School in London, commencing September 2013. The MBA would definitely be my preference and, if the masters won’t aid my admission, I’ll forgo it to focus on my MBA applications

Weaknesses:
Very low GPA. I don’t know what it translates to in the American system as I studied in the UK, but I’ve seen it converted as low as 2.0. No excuses, I had a hard time at college but bare sole responsibility for my own failings. I’ve worked hard to prevent it from holding me back.

I not sure which is the best way to combat this, taking several college level classes and getting A's (UCLA extension perhaps) doing the masters and putting off my MBA application for a year or two?

GMAT: 720. I may be able to push this higher with dedicated study and practice. I’m looking to matriculate in 3 years.

Target Schools

Stretch: NYU, Duke, Darden,Ross

Sweet spot/Fall back: UNC, Emory, Georgetown, Texas @ Austin, Rice, Marshall

So:
- Is the MSc in Finance something I should pursue? My only interest in doing so would be if a) I’m very unlikely to gain admission to any of the schools listed above b) it would help my application
- Are the schools I have listed appropriate?

Thanks again, I look forward to getting your input

Hi, JDonaghy
I'm giving your question some thought, and doing a little research. I'll have a response for you soon.

Best regards,

Joy

Free, detailed MBA chances calculator
Admission tips and scholarship info per school
Plan your application content (free online tool)
Get an initial assessment

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Hi Aringo,
Could you please provide me some detail information on the big Real Estate companies(names, what percentage they recruit etc.) in US,recruiting from top 20 b-Schools out there...?
What is the average package for these firms for fresh top 20 b-Schools grads in US?

What is the reasonable and expected salary growth 3-5 years down the line with these firms?

How do your see the growth prospects of these firms and career growth with them as compared to big Consultancy firms? (If comparable to any extent at all...)

Much appreciate your feedback on this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Aringo wrote:
JDonaghy13 wrote:
Hi Aringo,

My concern is more with my GPA than my GMAT (Hit a 720) but was hoping you'd give me your thougts??

About me:

I’m 27 years old and am from Northern Ireland. Growing up I was fortunate to live in 13 countries (mostly Asia but with spells in S.America and Australia) and travelled to many more (35+).

Work Experience:

Currently just under 5 years. Would be 6 or 7 depending upon when I decide to matriculate.

1 years 6 months: After graduation I was employed by (and co- founded) a start-up which focused on providing VC, Executive management expertise and international marketing to small to mid-stage growth companies within the oil and gas sector. We had a VC fund of $5million, which I raised funds for, and my work took me to Norway and Singapore regularly. The partners have recently wound up the business as they have been offered senior positions with other start-ups (they are both VP level within the industry)

6 months: I worked for an executive level figure within a multinational asset manager to create, develop and market new investment vehicles. These focused upon the alternative energy space and were marketed to institutional investors in Europe alongside the larger Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds.

3 years Worked for another multinational asset manager, the investment arm of one of the world’s largest banks. Joined at the Analyst level and was promoted to Associate after 1 year and 3 months. Initially worked in global strategy but requested a move into institutional sales as I wanted to have a more direct and perhaps tangible effect upon the balance sheet, along with wanting to interact with fund managers, investment analysts etc more. Primarily worked on pitches and research for our emerging market focused products.

Present (4 Months): Business development manager, raising assets from institutional investors for an Asian based investment firm with responsibility for clients in the Uk, Netherlands and Ireland.

Extracurricular:

College: I played rugby for the college team; I also managed one of the intramural teams (Got the squad together, liased with other teams, secured sponsorship etc). Assisted with coaching of a local junior school rugby team in the area. Was a member of the university investment club.

After College: I sit on an alumni committee for my university which gets events going in and around the capital and which also seeks to increase alumni involvement with the university for mutual benefit. Participate in various charities and do volunteer work. I have climbed Mt Kilimanjaro to raise money for charity and have helped to build an orphanage in Vietnam. I continue to travel as opportunity allows, and hobbies include golf and rugby.

Qualifications:
I have been accepted onto a part time MSc in Finance at Cass Business School in London, commencing September 2013. The MBA would definitely be my preference and, if the masters won’t aid my admission, I’ll forgo it to focus on my MBA applications

Weaknesses:
Very low GPA. I don’t know what it translates to in the American system as I studied in the UK, but I’ve seen it converted as low as 2.0. No excuses, I had a hard time at college but bare sole responsibility for my own failings. I’ve worked hard to prevent it from holding me back.

I not sure which is the best way to combat this, taking several college level classes and getting A's (UCLA extension perhaps) doing the masters and putting off my MBA application for a year or two?

GMAT: 720. I may be able to push this higher with dedicated study and practice. I’m looking to matriculate in 3 years.

Target Schools

So:
- Is the MSc in Finance something I should pursue? My only interest in doing so would be if a) I’m very unlikely to gain admission to any of the schools listed above b) it would help my application

Hi, JDonaghy
I'm giving your question some thought, and doing a little research. I'll have a response for you soon.

Best regards,

Joy

Thanks Joy, I look forward to hearing your input.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Aringo,
Could you please provide me some detail information on the big Real Estate companies(names, what percentage they recruit etc.) in US,recruiting from top 20 b-Schools out there...?
What is the average package for these firms for fresh top 20 b-Schools grads in US?

What is the reasonable and expected salary growth 3-5 years down the line with these firms?

How do your see the growth prospects of these firms and career growth with them as compared to big Consultancy firms? (If comparable to any extent at all...)

Hi Gil/Aringo,
Any update on this?

Look forward to your reply.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Aringo wrote:
JDonaghy13 wrote:
Hi Aringo,

About me:

Work Experience:

Extracurricular:

Qualifications:

Weaknesses:

Target Schools

So:

Hi, JDonaghy

Best regards,

Joy

Hi, JDonaghy

Thanks for your patience – I wanted to give your question some thought, and also consult with some of my colleagues at Aringo. We have a very supportive team here, and I always find that 2, or 4, or even 10 minds are usually better than just one.

Throughout your application, you'll need to show in creative ways throughout your application that despite your low GPA, you have very high intellectual capabilities, and are a true problem solver.
Use your recommenders and essays to highlight these things, pointing out as well in your application any examples of where you need these skills to accomplish your tasks.

Other suggestions for you are as follows:

- Go for enrolling in college level classes, and acing them, to prove your academic abilities.
- As for the p/t MSc, if it is aligned with your career goals, it could be a good option – but if it's not well aligned, then don't do it just for its own sake. You'd be better off taking courses that will show your aptitude. Ideal courses would be calculus, statistics, economics, finance and accounting.
- Don't bother retaking the GMAT unless you think you can reach a 750. Your 720 is quite respectable, and another 10 or 20 points won't make that big a difference – though 30 points would.
- If you take a year and strengthen your application, it can help – but you run the risk of being 30 when you apply; you would need to check your desired schools and see how favorably they look at older candidates.
- If the schools provide an optional essay (most do) you might choose to address the issue and explain why you got such a low GPA. Were there extenuating circumstances like family issues? Working while studying? Just immature and not ready? Undiagnosed ADHD or learning disabilities that you've since learned to compensate for? Etc..

I hope all this helps, and wish you the best of success!

Joy

Send PM
Expert Reply
debayan222 wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Aringo,

Hi Gil/Aringo,
Any update on this?

Hi, Debayan

This is quite far from our area of expertise, which is helping candidates gain admission to MBA programs. One thing you might consider is contacting the programs you are interested in, and seeing if they can put you in touch with any of their alumni, who have taken this professional path. They could probably give you the information you are looking for, in regards to salary packages, expected growth, etc.

One thing I did find that might interest you is the following link - https://business-schools.findthebest.com/d/d/Real-Estate - it compares and ranks MBA programs that offer Real Estate majors.

Wish we could have been of more help - if any application questions come up for you in the process, please give us another visit.

Regards,

Joy

Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
TheNona wrote:
Aringo wrote:
TheNona wrote:
Hi. I am currently applying for Desautels (McGill) 's full time course this year . In fact , I am a 30 year old pharmacist with 6.5 work experience 5 of them in a multinational pharmaceutical company first as a sales representative then as a sales trainer after being promoted.I had distinguished extracurricular activities during high school and undergrad but later my job consumed 80% of my time , the rest 20% was dedicated to PG studies and to my family . PG studies include a diploma in Industrial Pharmacy and another in "Training the Trainer" , and a certificate in written translation .In addition to all these ,I got an HR certification from SHRM as well as some workshops and non-academic courses including finance for non-financial managers . Knowing that my GMAT scores are 540 , then a 550 , and my GPA varies between 2.82 -2.94 after assessing it on different GPA calculators,while Desautels responded to my inquiry that they look for 600 GMAT and a GPA 3 , encouraging me to apply but meanwhile implying that they can forgive a slightly lower GPA for a satisfactory GMAT , what do you advise me to do ? which strengths can you see in my profile can compensate for the GMAT gap? knowing that I am applying these days to catch the deadline but will still retake the GMAT for the 3rd time next month aiming at updating them with a better score.By the way , on their website it is said that the range of GMAT scores for their students is 560-780.

Another last issue that my clarify more about my profile :The trend of my GPA is a downward one due to a personal crisis I faced during my last three semesters . Moreover , among the subjects I studied during 5 years of undergraduate studies was a low-weight course (much less credit hours than others) of mere mathematics with a "Pass" in the second year , and another of business administration and basics of finance in the third year with an "Excellent".Both had the same weight .Also, in my first postgraduate degree I studied another "low-weight" course that was a mix of maths and other topics with a "Pass" as well because of the other topics but this detailing can never be explained in he transcripts since the mark stated is the overall of the test.Taken into consideration that I took a three-day workshop "finance for non-financial managers) a few months ago before my GMAT,and that my Quant score increased from 36 in my first attempt to 39 in my second , how do you advise me to connect these together in order to prove I have the sufficient quantitative skills to handle an MBA curriculum ? (I actually do . a big part of my studies were statistics and calculations and also my work involved a lot of data charts and numbers)

Hi, firstly, if there is an optional essay or additional information part, I recommend using it to address your quantitative skills. You can tell them that you are planning to retake the GMAT and update them if you get a higher score. You can also possibly address the personal crisis, as an explanation for the lower GPA. Now how to prove your quantitative skills? You would want to talk about anyplace you use them, whether at work or in extracurricular activities. Mention your attempts to improve your score, like the workshop. Perhaps decide to take a course that will get your quant abilities up to par before school starts, and tell them. If you enroll now, you can even say, I have enrolled in the xxx course, that will begin on yyy, to prepare for my studies. If you got any particularly high grades in university on your math classes, point that out as well.

Good luck!!

Joy

Thank you very much.I sincerely appreciate your advice.

Thank you for the valuable advice :) I am applying these days to catch the deadline for this fall semester.I am applying with my current GMAT official score (550 , 39 Q 27 V) already sent to them a couple of days ago.Since they demand a minimum of 600 , I will retake next month but the only available appointment is on the 16th whereas their deadline to receive official scores is the 31st .Consequently , I applied with my current score intending to update them with a scanned copy of my unofficial score on test day .In the personal history pdf form I have to fill as a part of the application ,they have a space to indicate my test date in case I applied before taking the test . Do you advise me to indicate that I will retake the test , or this can result in an informal "on hold" status ? Knowing that my online application has the GMAT score ticked "submitted" .

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, sorry that I missed your follow-up question - I hope I'm not too late in responding. If your application has a section where you can add additional comments, as the one I wrote about earlier, I would write something there about the fact that you plan to retake the test on such and such a day, and that you will be updating them once you receive your new score. I'm not sure if putting in the date on the box you indicated would cause an 'on hold' status - or perhaps confuse them, since you have already taken the test. If there is no additional info section, another idea would be to apply, and then email the Admissions Committee to inform them that you are retaking the test and...etc.

Good luck!!

Joy

Send PM
Expert Reply
cms031 wrote:
Nationality: Caucasian Male
GMAT: 690 (Q 48 V36)/AWA 6.0 - this was my second attempt, I initially scored V39 with a dismal math score
GPA: 3.4 from a top private liberal arts college (w/ study abroad experience in language immersion program)
Major: Economics & French

Work Experience:
4-5 years at matriculation with leading credit ratings agency (operations/sales analysis/strategy). Variety of roles within the company (incl. promotions, employee of the month, etc), most recently in a sales strategy based role working with a global team (no direct reports, but senior mgmt exposure)
Six Sigma Green Belt
Interned @ large global bank in risk mgmt during undergrad

Leadership/Extra Curricular:
Team lead @ work
Led process improvement projects (w/ measurable results)
Volunteer council lead
Captain of soccer team
Symphony Orchestra (all four years undergrad)
Community Service through my company
Teambuilding and community service counselor during undergrad

Future Plans:
Career switch to (CPG) marketing/brand management

Target Firms:
P&G
J&J
L'Oreal
Unilever
Colgate-Palmolive

Schools:
1. Fuqua
2. Kelley
3. UNC
4. McCombs
5. Emory
6. Wisconsin
*perhaps Wharton or Kellogg just to throw a higher reach school in there

What are my chances at the programs listed above? Are there any other marketing schools that would fit my profile?

Thanks!

Hi, CMS
I would say you definitely have a chance at the schools you've listed - yes, Wharton and Kellogg might be a stretch with your GMAT, but with a very good application, meaning superb essays and recommendations, and a stellar CV, you would also have a chance there. You identified the lack of leadership in your professional work as weakness, but the extracurricular leadership is a bonus. You have diverse and multiple extracurricular activities and great teamwork (important for Kellogg especially). To get more of a specific understanding of your chances, I recommend using the link below that will help you get a picture of how you stand against the schools you are interested in. Other marketing programs you might check out would be: Haas, McDonough, Wisconsin, Kenan-Flagler (the last 3 are not top 10 schools, but have been rated in the top 10 of marketing programs by various sources).

Good luck and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Joy

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Aringo wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Aringo,

Hi Gil/Aringo,
Any update on this?

Hi, Debayan

This is quite far from our area of expertise, which is helping candidates gain admission to MBA programs. One thing you might consider is contacting the programs you are interested in, and seeing if they can put you in touch with any of their alumni, who have taken this professional path. They could probably give you the information you are looking for, in regards to salary packages, expected growth, etc.

One thing I did find that might interest you is the following link - https://business-schools.findthebest.com/d/d/Real-Estate - it compares and ranks MBA programs that offer Real Estate majors.

Wish we could have been of more help - if any application questions come up for you in the process, please give us another visit.

Regards,

Joy

Hi Joy,
Thanks for your reply! The link is indeed informative to some extent.

One question-can you please share any thought on the average salary(and also salary/career growth) in RE development/RE Investment management for the schools having RE as one of their concentrations?

Much thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Joy,

One question-can you please share any thought on the average salary(and also salary/career growth) in RE development/RE Investment management for the schools having RE as one of their concentrations?

Much thanks![/quote]

Hi, you are welcome! I'm glad the link helped. I don't have any references about average salary and career growth in Real Estate. I would suggest that you contact the programs you are interested in, and see if they can help put you in touch with alumni who took those routes. Or try to contact people in RE who did an MBA at one of the schools you are interested in, and see if they can help you. Perhaps you can find someone through LinkedIn. Good luck!

Joy

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi Aringo Consultancy team,
Could you please provide any insights on what one should write/approach why one should get the scholarships in 2 year MBA program especially for US schools(top 15/20 )...?

Send PM
Expert Reply
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Aringo Consultancy team,
Could you please provide any insights on what one should write/approach why one should get the scholarships in 2 year MBA program especially for US schools(top 15/20 )...?

Hi, I believe that each school will have a different process and/or questions for applying to receive a scholarship. As well there are merit based scholarships and financial-need based scholarships - and that doesn't even begin to address the many special scholarships offered by different schools for candidates that come from specific backgrounds.

If you are talking about a financial-need scholarship, you would want to explain why you are in need of this scholarship - perhaps you have been working for a nonprofit, or suffered some family hardship that prevented you from saving money. There are many directions to take, it depends on your particular background. If it's another sort of scholarship, you'd need to see the specific question the school asks and then relate to it.

Hope that helps!

Joy

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Hi there!

If you could send some thoughts on my profile it would be much appreciated!

Mixed race Korean/Scotch Irish... first to graduate college in my family (currently supporting family financially)

GMAT: 710 (2nd attempt... first was 670)

GPA: 3.69 B.S. Industrial & Systems Engineer at public university

WE: I'm a graduate from a very very large international engineering firm's two year leadership program in technical marketing. (four 6 month rotations in different business units, different roles, different geographic locations), was promoted "off program" into a marketing consultant role, where I got a unique opportunity to develop and execute strategies for an emerging vertical market. I have been promoted in this current role 1.5 years after being off program. Currently management would like me to apply the strategic framework I've developed against five other vertical markets. It's strategic marketing with a splash of business development and sales reporting. With my new promotion I now have a small marketing budget to manage.

I also have a high chance at an international assignment for 3 years in Europe summer of 2014. I really want to do business school, but feel this may be a good back up if I can't get into any schools the first time around. I lucked out and got the ear of the U.S. CEO, and I'm being prepared for a "leadership experience" where I'll be given team resources to manage a project for BU management, to be executed hopefully by September/October.

EC: I founded an Asian Employee Resource Group where I work about 3 years ago, and grew it from 6 members to 430 across 5 locations in Georgia, California, Tennessee, and Texas (soon to be Germany too!). We now have a humble $30k budget and are sector-wide. I've also played trombone in my church's orchestra for a few years, and have done two mission trips to help Kenyan orphans (second one is this July actually)... last year as a music ministry team lead (I brought my trombone ), and this year as a team co-lead. I'm an avid runner, weightlifter, and won a regional table topics contest at Toastmasters if that counts for anything. I also make green smoothies and enjoy doing yoga :D

Purpose: Although I've been blessed with a fast moving career, I want to continue to accelerate faster. Through my rotation program, experiences, and current role I've been fascinated by business strategy and it almost teases me to want to see and understand an even larger picture of how companies work. I love the strategy side and would like to get an MBA so I can pursue strategy consulting for a few years, with the long term goal of moving into management at a technology firm, so I can do my engineering degree some justice .

School list:

Harvard
Wharton
Kellogg
MIT
Duke

Thank you!

Saevo
Retired Moderator
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
Aringo wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Aringo,

Hi, Debayan

Regards,

Joy

Hi Joy,

Much thanks!

Hi Joy,
Could you please provide an update on this...? As the link (https://business-schools.findthebest.com/d/d/Real-Estate) you've provided doesn't contain any specific info related to this particular information !

Much appreciate your feedback.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Joy,
Could you please provide an update on this...? As the link (https://business-schools.findthebest.com/d/d/Real-Estate) you've provided doesn't contain any specific info related to this particular information !

Much appreciate your feedback.[/quote]

Hi, that's the best I have at this time - if I come across anything more updated, I'll let you know.

All the best,

Joy

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thanks Joy for your reply.Appreciate it.

Hopefully,will get to know some more on this from you soon...

Aringo wrote:
Hi Joy,

Much appreciate your feedback.

Hi, that's the best I have at this time - if I come across anything more updated, I'll let you know.

All the best,

Joy

[/quote]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Saevo wrote:
Hi there!

If you could send some thoughts on my profile it would be much appreciated!

Mixed race Korean/Scotch Irish... first to graduate college in my family (currently supporting family financially)

GMAT: 710 (2nd attempt... first was 670)

GPA: 3.69 B.S. Industrial & Systems Engineer at public university

WE: I'm a graduate from a very very large international engineering firm's two year leadership program in technical marketing. (four 6 month rotations in different business units, different roles, different geographic locations), was promoted "off program" into a marketing consultant role, where I got a unique opportunity to develop and execute strategies for an emerging vertical market. I have been promoted in this current role 1.5 years after being off program. Currently management would like me to apply the strategic framework I've developed against five other vertical markets. It's strategic marketing with a splash of business development and sales reporting. With my new promotion I now have a small marketing budget to manage.

I also have a high chance at an international assignment for 3 years in Europe summer of 2014. I really want to do business school, but feel this may be a good back up if I can't get into any schools the first time around. I lucked out and got the ear of the U.S. CEO, and I'm being prepared for a "leadership experience" where I'll be given team resources to manage a project for BU management, to be executed hopefully by September/October.

EC: I founded an Asian Employee Resource Group where I work about 3 years ago, and grew it from 6 members to 430 across 5 locations in Georgia, California, Tennessee, and Texas (soon to be Germany too!). We now have a humble $30k budget and are sector-wide. I've also played trombone in my church's orchestra for a few years, and have done two mission trips to help Kenyan orphans (second one is this July actually)... last year as a music ministry team lead (I brought my trombone ), and this year as a team co-lead. I'm an avid runner, weightlifter, and won a regional table topics contest at Toastmasters if that counts for anything. I also make green smoothies and enjoy doing yoga :D

Purpose: Although I've been blessed with a fast moving career, I want to continue to accelerate faster. Through my rotation program, experiences, and current role I've been fascinated by business strategy and it almost teases me to want to see and understand an even larger picture of how companies work. I love the strategy side and would like to get an MBA so I can pursue strategy consulting for a few years, with the long term goal of moving into management at a technology firm, so I can do my engineering degree some justice .

School list:

Harvard
Wharton
Kellogg
MIT
Duke

Thank you!

Saevo

Hi, Saevo

Your profile looks very impressive! You have demonstrated leadership, initiative, smarts, extracurricular activities, presentation skills - and all at such a relatively young age. I'm glad you are shooting for the top schools, I think you have a good chance - the green smoothies will especially give you that important edge :). Other top schools you might consider as well, known for their consulting programs, are Chicago, Ross, Columbia and Stanford. For a fall back, you can consider Stern.

Good luck and let us know if we can help with anything else!

Joy

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  75