Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 22:38 It is currently 12 May 2024, 22:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 240 Q29 V57
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GRE 1: Q167 V150
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.06
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Ask The Red Pen [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile.
Demographics – 36 Indian Male
Work experience – 14 years
GMAT:760(Q50, V44)

EDUCATION
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pusa - 10th (2001), 88.8%
DAV JVM Shyamali, Ranchi- 12th (2003), 66.8%
BIT Sindri - B.Sc. Engineering - Metallurgical Engineering (2003-2007), 70.22%(Distinction)

WORK EXPERIENCE
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited- Jan 2010 – Present
Career Launcher – Sep 2009-Dec 2009
Patni Computers Systems Limited – June 2007- March 2009

Technologies
• Steelmaking
• Continuous Casting of Liquid Steel
• Secondary Metallurgy (Ladle Heating Furnace, IR-UT, Argon Rinsing)
• Quality Maintenance

Job Functions
• Production logistics planning and implementation
• Workforce management
• Overseeing individual casting machine operations
• Arcing, Blowing and Rinsing of liquid steel
• Catering to CCM requirements of temperature and maintaining the grade standards.

Achievements in Job
• Implemented Ferro-Alloy optimization in secondary refining process which resulted in huge savings per ton of liquid steel.
• Reduced Aluminium consumption per ton of liquid steel in secondary refining processes, which resulted in huge savings for company and also reduced casting problems arising due to excessive alumina deposition.
• Introduced the idea for automated ferro alloy dispenser car in ladle furnace, eliminating the crude manual method.
• Introduced the concept of gauge supplementation for argon purging systems in IR-UT and Ladle Furnace, which resulted in savings in terms of Argon gas used for the secondary refining processes.
• Implemented an online lance changing system which saves time between Argon and Oxygen lance changes.
• Handling the role of Shift Co-Ordinator of SMS and planning day to day production related activities of SMS
• Was a part of the teams which won the award for Dream Team in Patni Computer Systems Ltd. in 2008 and 2009.
Trainings/courses undertaken
• Attended a 2 day CSI National Conference EPIC 2020.
• Attended a 3 day Refresher course on “Ladle metallurgy and Refractories” at IIT- Powai.
• Attended a 2 day “Technology Awareness Programme” on “Steel Making Technology” organized by RDCIS-SAIL, Ranchi.
• 3 weeks Industrial training undertaken at Ushamartin Tatisilwai, Wire & ropes limited, Ranchi under the guidance of Mr. Amit Aggarwal, Head of the Quality Assurance Department and Mr. Abhay Kumar Sinha, Deputy Manager of the HRD at Ushamartin, Tatisilwai (Ranchi). The training consisted of the study of failures in the products (wire and wire-ropes).
• One month training on “Mineral processing” at National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, under the guidance of Mr. K.K. Bhattacharya, Head, Mineral processing division.
• One-day industrial tour undertaken at Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Bokaro
• One-day industrial tour undertaken at Bharat Refractories Limited (BRL), Bhandaridah, Bokaro (Jharkhand).

Other Academic and Extra-curricular activities

• Stood 1st at my school and was 4th in Patna zone of Kendriya Vidyalaya 10th board examination held in 2001.
• Completed engineering course with distinction.
• Participated in 6th National Children Science Congress.
• Participated in Regional Level Badminton Championship-1999, organized by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Patna Region.
• Participated in XII Youth Parliament competition organized by Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of India.
• Held the post of Attorney General in Gandhi Rachnatamak Samiti, a club in my college, B.I.T. Sindri. Organized and hosted the flagship cultural program of the club, KISLAY-2004, 2005 and 2006 successfully, on behalf of the club. Also hosted quiz shows and Hard-Talks in these programs. Conducted Harness-2004 and 2005, a mock test series for students appearing for CAT and other MBA examinations, successfully on behalf of my club.
• Was a member of athletics team at my school, D.A.V. Shyamali, Ranchi. Also held the post of office holder of the Department for Students’ Welfare.
• Participated in MODEX-2006, organized by my college, B.I.T. Sindri and received a certificate of appreciation for my innovative model in the field of energy conservation. Also, presented a technical paper on ICICI at Technical Paper Presentation, organized by my college and received a certificate for my performance.
• Was elected leader of RAMAN House for two consecutive years at my school, Kendriya Vidyalaya, RAU, Pusa.
• Fluent in Hindi, English and Telugu.

My target schools are: -
1. ISB PGP
2. IIM (A, B, C) 1YEAR FULL TIME MBA
3. INSEAD
4. NUS
5. SAID OXFORD
6. HEC
7. TEPPER
8. JUDGE
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello,
Please reach out to us at team.mba@theredpen.in with your requirements and we shall be happy to help evaluate your profile.

Best,
Team MBA at The Red Pen
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4