Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 168
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Courses [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi adityanarayanan01,

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at out site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional question, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 507
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi,

When you complete a module, the last section is Practice questions (I don't remember the name clearly though). Click on that Tab.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3131 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
nidazahid23 wrote:
hi,
The egmat verbal online course claims to contain 3500 verbal gmat level questions, over and above the questions in the scholaranium section. Does anyone know where I can find these? I've tried emailing egmat but I haven't received a reply so far.

As far as i know scholarnium platform isn't available in the free trial content.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
Send PM
Hello,

I just took the GMAT for the first time and scored a 640 (Q47 V35) which is not at all what I wanted to score. My goal is a 700+. I was scoring a 670-680 on practice tests from GMAC, and my verbal went down on the real test. Q did not change at all. Do you think the e-gmat course will help a native English speaker? I was born in the US and went to school here in the US. I saw that it might not be the best per the "weakness" listed above, and if so, what do you recommend for improving my verbal?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello all,
First of, I'm new on this forum, hopefully I am posting on the right thread.
I have been studying for the GMAT a little over a month now and I am stuck at 680. My goal is 720+.
I have used the MGMAT books to study, and although they were quite useful, it seems like are not advanced enough to further improve my score. Which approach would you recommend to achieve my goal? Should I keep using books to try to improve? I feel that books are alright to achieve a 'good' score, but they wont permit you to get 'high' scores (i.e. 720+). I am considering taking courses, but I am afraid they will be a waste of time and money, hence my post. What could you advise? Could someone who has been in my situation come up with some ideas? THANKS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I have question about eGMAT course.
What are difference between live and online courses?
Do I have to be present in live courses? If it does, where does it take place?
And for online courses, do i have discount of gmatclub membership?
tnx in advance
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
dadanish1 wrote:
Hello all,
First of, I'm new on this forum, hopefully I am posting on the right thread.
I have been studying for the GMAT a little over a month now and I am stuck at 680. My goal is 720+.
I have used the MGMAT books to study, and although they were quite useful, it seems like are not advanced enough to further improve my score. Which approach would you recommend to achieve my goal? Should I keep using books to try to improve? I feel that books are alright to achieve a 'good' score, but they wont permit you to get 'high' scores (i.e. 720+). I am considering taking courses, but I am afraid they will be a waste of time and money, hence my post. What could you advise? Could someone who has been in my situation come up with some ideas? THANKS

Hey! I am not sure which course will help you the most but there are two things that you can do:

1. Improve your test taking strategy. You cannot keep on cramming concepts till the test day because the fact of the matter is that you have to score good in GMAT. At this stage questions are not about the knowledge of concept but about application of it.

2. Start practicing questions on this forum. It has awesome explanations to almost every question and a live score tracker. As a matter of fact, don't just solve the questions explain the answer if you find that your explanation is better. This will help you a lot because (as Einstein said) if you cannot explain it simply, you do not understand it well enough.

P.S. In my experience, it is very difficult to score 700+ in Manhattan's and Veritas' tests.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

I am considering Math Revolution (36 hours of tutoring for Quant.) and Kaplan (15 hours of tutoring) over MGMAT's in person class.

Has anyone ever taken the MGMAT class? Thoughts?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a good and affordable gmat online course that is particularly good to improve in quant?
I already had a look at empower gmat and optimus prep and will sign up for trials to test both courses, but it would be helpful if someone who used the courses could share some experiences with me.

I am definitely weaker in quant, but I need to to improve in verbal as well, hence I don't want to enroll in a course that focuses on quant only.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
Caro
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just finished my senior year in college, and I've had a hard time finding a GMAT course that really suited my needs. I read this blog and tried all the courses, but I always ended up leaving them for one reason or another. I found examPAL to be incredibly helpful and I really liked how their algorithm adapts its course to each individual's needs based off of their answers to different questions. I would say by far this has been the most useful GMAT course for me. I've been using it for over two weeks and still have no complaints; you should definitely consider adding it to this list.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Bumping this: can anyone who tried EmpowerGmat or Math Revolution compare these two resources for quant only? I am coming from a non-quant background and am interested in learning quant/math only to the extent that it will help on the exam. Given this, I find Math Revolution marketing very compelling: they seem to market a different strategy that really plays to the test. Is this effective? I already went through all MGMAT guides, so yes, we are assuming solid/basic knowledge of fundamentals, but not a very intuitive understanding of math. Any insight is appreciated.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I used EMPOWERgmat's 1 month prep course and scored a 690 on my first and only attempt on the test. I had an amazing experience using the program and definitely feel that I studied in the most efficient way possible by utilizing all of the resources available from my purchase.

I really valued being able to work through the material at my own pace as opposed to having classes or tutoring sessions on a specific day or at a certain time during the week. I studied for about 4-5 weeks in between graduating from college and starting my first day of work. I was able to enjoy the summer and spend time with family and friends at any point I wanted to, and then put in some solid hours of studying whenever I had some downtime. For that reason, I think this is a perfect course for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation to mine, or any working professional who is looking to study for the GMAT outside of their job.

The material itself was great, and definitely helped boost my score up from what it was at when I took my first practice tests. The instructional videos provide excellent tricks and tips for tackling every type of question in both the quant and verbal sections. Those videos then come with practice questions to reinforce the lessons learned, and the questions then have full explanations which helped me feel even more comfortable with the material. On top of that, there were more practice problems available through the use of a GMAT prep book that can be purchased for $20 online. So overall, this course is significantly cheaper than Kaplan, Princeton Review, or other traditional tutoring programs, but still has quality material that can help anyone tackle the exam.

Since taking the GMAT in September, I have recommended EMPOWERgmat to anyone I know who has expressed interest in taking the GMAT. I feel I got a great value for the price I paid, and did not have to sacrifice a lot of my free time before my career started.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi

I am scoring around 37-39 in verbal section of GMATprep CAT exams. My aim is to score 40+ in verbal section of actual GMAT exam.
I am looking for CAT exams with the really tough verbal section so that my actual GMAT verbal should feel like a breeze.
Can anyone suggest such exams in which verbal section is much more tougher than actual GMAT?
Thanks a lot
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
powarparamveer wrote:
Hi

I am scoring around 37-39 in verbal section of GMATprep CAT exams. My aim is to score 40+ in verbal section of actual GMAT exam.
I am looking for CAT exams with the really tough verbal section so that my actual GMAT verbal should feel like a breeze.
Can anyone suggest such exams in which verbal section is much more tougher than actual GMAT?
Thanks a lot
I don't think you'll find what you're looking for in an adaptive test. At least as far as the verbal goes, the questions on the actual GMAT are probably going to be better than those in a test prep company's tests. Your best bet is to get all 6 GMATPrep practice tests, if you haven't already got all of them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
[quote="AjiteshArun"][quote="powarparamveer"]Hi AjiteshArun

Thanks a lot!
I have already taken all the 6 GMAT prep exams and score 37-39 in verbal in all. I don't want to retake them as many questions might be repeated and I will get an elevated score.
That is why i was looking for some alternate tests with tough verbal section.
I took the economist GMAT free exam but i found that verbal questions were different in construction from actual GMAT. I scored 28 in verbal in economist GMAT as compared to 37-39 in GMAT prep verbal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I scored a 690 on the GMAT (Q38/V46) and need to bring up my Quant score by roughly 7 points. What are the best prep resources/programs for Quant? Is there a clear-cut leader/program for preparing candidates weaker in Quant?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
ClubMember88 wrote:
Hi all,

I am considering Math Revolution (36 hours of tutoring for Quant.) and Kaplan (15 hours of tutoring) over MGMAT's in person class.

Has anyone ever taken the MGMAT class? Thoughts?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I took the Manhattan GMAT in-person class here in Boston with Faruk Bursal. Absolutely, without question, without qualification: DO IT. The classes are great, the instructors are friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly, they're great teachers. One caveat - Faruk followed a format that was pretty awesome and I feel contributed to the success of the class.

Basically, each class had videos that you could watch (using "Navigator" - that thing is amazingly helpful) and materials to read in the books, and practice questions in both the books and associated problems in the OG. Before each class, we had to finish the videos, read the materials as best we could (they're closely tied to the video lessons), and attempt ALL problems.

Then, in class, we would go over those materials again, with the focus being on questions you had from the materials, or problems that you got wrong so the entire class could solve and then discuss it. If there was a more advanced problem that we were all struggling with, Faruk explained it methodically and ensured that we all got it (he usually gave us tough questions around that topic right after the explanation).

This format of "look-ahead" (that's the term he used, I believe) was incredibly helpful. I think by the end of our class, we were down to 5 people (a few decided to take the GMAT at a later date and switched to classes scheduled later in the year). Of those 5, 3 took the test right after the class ended and we scored 710, 710, and 740. That's a hell of a result in my book.

Again, Faruk's method appeared different from the other professors, who I think followed the more traditional "teach in class first, then students go home and do the homework" method, but I can't speak to that with any great authority.

But yes, do the in-person class. You absolutely won't regret it - it's worth every cent.

P.s. I don't know anything about their online class, but I'm assuming it's good too? Again, not much idea since I only did the in-person class.

P.p.s. By the way, I see a LOT of people here falling for the "x hours of teaching! y number of questions!" (where x, y are LARGE numbers). Please, for heaven's sake, don't fall for that crap. MGMAT was all I needed to score a 740. You need QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7