Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 08:02 It is currently 14 May 2024, 08:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73178 [129]
Given Kudos: 18949
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [38]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [7]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Courses [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
AVOID Veritas Prep. I took an online course with Ravi Sreerama after reading alot of reviews on this forum. Little did I know that he would ask me to write a rave review about him after the course ended. He is extremely nice while he teaches but he will not go out of his way to help you. Suckers will end up writing great reviews about him and Veritas Prep when in reality, the video content is full of fluff, the practice exams are easier than the real exam, and Ravi will talk his brains out without providing anything substantial. I ended up having to take Manhattan Prep to really learn the GMAT and would highly recommend sticking with them. Veritas is filled with scam artists.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [6]
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.89
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi,

I'm looking for an online GMAT course for both Verbal and Quant - Is E-GMAT better or Crack Verbal? Have read a lot of reviews on both but struggling to decide! Also wanted to know if the video content of E-GMAT's (Verbal Online) course is downloadable?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: LBS MIF '17
GPA: 3.82
WE:Accounting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello bb,

I'm little new to GMAT prep courses. I tried to study on my own for a month or so and haven't seen any improvement. I took a practice test from Princeton review and scored 530(Q41/V23). Since i need significant help and was undecided on which GMAT prep course to take i was looking for some guidance.

My choice is either complete GMAT pill course or complete e-GMAT course. Do you have any recommendation between those. Plus ill be using lot of guides and flashcards that you've provided in this website.

Thanks for any help possible.

Asish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
+60 Points: 660 To 720 (Q46, V41)

I Signed Up To Empower GMAT After My 1st Trial Of Taking The GMAT And Scoring 660 (Q40, V40). My Aim Was To Get Above 700 Points As This Would Unlock The Entry Into The University Of My Dreams, As Well As The Needed Funding!

Here Are The Three Top Reasons Why Empower GMAT Helped Me:

1) Avoids Boredom: This Sounds Super Trivial, But After Having Studied For 4 Months In A Row And Then Not Getting The Score I Wanted, I Felt Demotivated And Frankly A Little Fed Up With Reading About The Latest Innovation In Protein Synthesis (Bless All Biologists Who Read This). Through Its Mix Of Podcasts, Videos And Exercises The Course Uniquely Achieves To Keep You Motivated. As The GMAT Is A Marathon, This Was Key!

2) Provides GMAT Hacks: Empower GMAT Has So Many Proprietary Tips And Tricks That Other Courses Like Magoosh Or More Official Sources Like The Manhattan Guides Or The Official Guide Just Do Not Have. Something Like Triaging (I.E. Educated Guesses), RC Tables Or In-Depth Explanations Of Why Hard Questions Just Do Not Matter, Helped Me Tremendously During Test Day.

3) Quality Explanations: What I Loved About The Course Is That Each Problem You Tackle Is Supplemented By A 3-5min Video That Gives A Step-By-Step Explanation Of How To Solve The Problem. Now… You Might Not Need To Watch All Of Them, But They Are There In Case You Want To Have A More Detailed Explanation, Which Is Oftentimes Very Useful And Definitely So Much More Engaging Than Reading An Explanation In The Back Of Your Official Guide.

Hope this helps people pick :)
Kudos
PKUnbreakable wrote:
Do you think it is better than the Manhattan Interact? I was in fact confused between the two. I’ve not used interact before.

I have used most of the on-demand course of this planet! The best materials i have ever seen is "interact by manhattanprep"! It is very expensive ($999 for both quant and verbal). You can try if it is affordable to u.
Hope it helps!
Thanks__

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
banerje3 wrote:
AVOID Veritas Prep. I took an online course with Ravi Sreerama after reading alot of reviews on this forum. Little did I know that he would ask me to write a rave review about him after the course ended. He is extremely nice while he teaches but he will not go out of his way to help you. Suckers will end up writing great reviews about him and Veritas Prep when in reality, the video content is full of fluff, the practice exams are easier than the real exam, and Ravi will talk his brains out without providing anything substantial. I ended up having to take Manhattan Prep to really learn the GMAT and would highly recommend sticking with them. Veritas is filled with scam artists.

Ok. I am confused. You wrote a 5-star review in May of 2014.... why change of heart? why so late?

P.S. I have not taken a class with him but I have heard very positive feedback. I would suggest that you contact Veritas Prep customer support customersupport@veritasprep.com. Chances are they will resolve your issue and figure out a way to fix it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11682 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi dipikmanipal,

You might want to read my post (the one directly above your post) as to how you might get started. As far as how you might improve your studies for this next attempt at the GMAT, it would help to know more about your last two attempts:

1) How long did you study before each of your GMATs?
2) What materials have you used?
3) What were the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores on each of your GMATs?

4) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73178 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Stn wrote:
Hi everyone. I am looking for an online program to prepare for my incoming GMAT test. I would prefer a program with written theory/explanation etc as I feel it is easier for me to study when I read than when I listen/watch, but this is not critical. What would you recommend?

Background:
I just registered and will have my test on Sept 14, so a bit over 6 weeks left. I plan to study full time in this period. My target is 730+. Non native speaker.
I didn't prepare at all for GMAT. I prepared for MBB consulting recruiting in the last 3 months and was successful with that.

I took 2 test:
1. November '15 The Economist: 610 Q47 V28
2. July '16 GMATPrep Official Test 1: 630 Q44 V33.
I was surprised decline in Quand and improve in Verbal.

Congratulations on your successful MBB recruiting - that's great and glad you are focusing on that. I am taking you have 2-3-4 years of that until you actually apply. So here are a few thoughts:
1. 6 weeks is a bit tight unless you have nothing else to do with your days. If you are working and studying, you may want 8-12 weeks. For reading-based instruction you can try Optimus Prep. Otherwise, another good choice for someone studying for only a month or 6 weeks is EmpowerGMAT since it is a monthly-subscription, so it is inexpensive

2. If you have a longer time frame, you can get the MGMAT books/guides and that's roughly $150. It is not a course but it is the book set they use in a course, and it is pretty good. Same applies to the Veritas Prep book set, though it is a bit more

3. If you are really in a time bind, a course that focuses on speed vs. depth is GMAT Pill. They offer some quick shortcuts that are right 80% of the time. You don't get everything right but you get 80% with 20% of time invested - a pretty good ROI. Magoosh is also a faster/shorter course and very inexpensive.

4. Then there are Economist, eGMAT, and all of the other in-person and live online courses - you get the benefit of an instructor with most of them (Economist is a mixed one).

Not sure if this helped. None of the choices are really wrong.... but some are better suited than others.
Good Luck! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 507
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
tanzzt, e-gmat's Verbal online is a good course. I am an e-gmatter but in a slightly different boat than yours. I am a corporate lawyer. So, I worked on my verbal skills long back in law school itself. I am targeting for 44 with the help of e-gmat's course.

Coming to your query, I have gone through their course content and find that it's exactly what I need for my target score. They ensure that you brush up your foundations as well while progressing through the course. They have a free trial version. Try that before you spend on subscription. Just a word of unsolicited advice, learning is a time-consuming process so you need to spend sometime every day (atleast half an hour) on building up your verbal skills. Once you are comfortable with the process, learning will happen much faster. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
Send PM
Kudos
hi,
The egmat verbal online course claims to contain 3500 verbal gmat level questions, over and above the questions in the scholaranium section. Does anyone know where I can find these? I've tried emailing egmat but I haven't received a reply so far.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5434 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
uHCWB wrote:
I have question about eGMAT course.
What are difference between live and online courses?
Do I have to be present in live courses? If it does, where does it take place?
And for online courses, do i have discount of gmatclub membership?
tnx in advance

The only difference between the two is that in live courses you will be able to attend Weekend 2-3 hours sessions of eGMAT.

These sessions occurs at around 7:30 p.m. IST every weekends for two hours.

There is no discount given for being a member of GMATClub. Still, you can ask eGMAT People whether they want to give any.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4670 [1]
Given Kudos: 636
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
greenexpo wrote:
Bumping this: can anyone who tried EmpowerGmat or Math Revolution compare these two resources for quant only? I am coming from a non-quant background and am interested in learning quant/math only to the extent that it will help on the exam. Given this, I find Math Revolution marketing very compelling: they seem to market a different strategy that really plays to the test. Is this effective? I already went through all MGMAT guides, so yes, we are assuming solid/basic knowledge of fundamentals, but not a very intuitive understanding of math. Any insight is appreciated.
I'd be a little skeptical of claims suggesting a completely different approach (that no one else is aware of), if that is what that company is actually claiming. I suggest you see most of that for what it is: marketing. I'm quite sure that there is no one company or individual with completely unique knowledge or approaches here. GMAT quant and verbal are just not (nowhere near) complicated enough for that.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4670 [1]
Given Kudos: 636
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Accester wrote:
Do you have any good recommendations of the best GMAT courses?
It depends on what you're looking for. Online or classroom? You could also take a look here, although most of the ratings there are probably driven by the companies themselves (not fake, but suffering from sampling bias). If you take a trial or meet with your instructors before joining, you'll be in a better position to take a decision that you will be comfortable with.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
****EDUSHASTRA****

I joined EduShastra based on their website claims and it turned out to be a very bitter experience. I had to repeatedly chase for many things for eg., training/test site was not functional fully, internet connection issues, schedules for classes. After i complained twice, they abruptly stopped responding to my mail or calls and my money is gone(no refund). I had crossed halfway in quants n verbal but had to waste my whole time/schedule waiting for them which resulted me out of my GMAT track and exam schedule. I would expect any institute to atleast respond but Kushal Bharadwaj who is the head, has been very unprofessional. Please be careful if you are a remote student/not based in India.
Kudos
bb wrote:

Best GMAT Courses - Overview, Reviews, and Prices

Live Online Courses

examPAL - Ace the GMAT with artificial intelligence
examPAL is offering a variety of packages that can fit every need, any budget and any person.
Reviews: 6 | Average Rating: 100% | Average Score Improvement: 80 points
Price: Free - $719 after GMAT Club Discount + Free Access to GMAT Club Tests ($250 value)

Strengths:
1. Full free video course – the only one online
2. Unique technology that learns how you think and what is the best way for you to solve every question
3. 70-point improvement guarantee
4. 4 CAT's included
5. Unlimited support and access to tutors

Weaknesses:
Only 6 months of access

Well I just happen to visit ExamPAL through GMAT Club.
They are offering entire course videos for free.
You just pay if you take tests or tutoring. You can watch all concept videos without paying a single dollar.
I was moved by the way they have built the User Interface and their lucid explanations of concepts.
It would not be fair to compare this course with other players but this one surely wins if you consider the entire course FREE.
And the best part is I am just enjoying the preparation flow with them.
Thank you very much for making those awesome study videos available for free ExamPAL. I just thought i owe you at least a reference.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Empowergmat is a pretty solid and inexpensive course you can try free for 3 days and then get for $99/month. Worth a shot...

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Manhattan is the gold standard in the GMAT prep so any Manhattan product you can get will be awesome. If you can afford it, sure

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7