Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 18:07 It is currently 18 May 2024, 18:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 05-19-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
asrider wrote:
@method-- hi, when were u interviewed.?? and can u share ur profile..?

Application sent via Consortium: 11/18
Application received: 11/23
Interview invite: 11/23
Interview: 11/30

I visited Tepper for their 3-day Diversity Weekend back in October, which was awessssssssssssome.

Rest of my background is pretty inline with Tepper. I did software engineering for 3 years with a Fortune 100 telecom, and I've been doing more tech, project management, and operations-based managerial accounting with a private manufacturing company that is a key packaging vendor for ConAgra foods, which is the #1 food manufacturer in North America.

Almost finished with a masters in accounting to sit for CPA and CMA examinations this Spring. Won a Fortune 500 case competition this summer. Pretty much won every scholarship and award there is to win at my graduate school.

Super interested in social impact. I started an urban education organization that puts college students into local K-12 schools here in my city's urban core. This semester we're partnering with 3 different schools, including KIPP which is the top "brand" in charter schools, and we've connected about 65 college students with 200 low-income, minority students. Post-MBA, I'm interested in charter school hyper-growth and emerging tech-education tools like Khan Academy. Also, looking at doing a dual-degree in public policy at the Heinz School.

Originally posted by method on 13 Dec 2011, 08:48.
Last edited by method on 13 Dec 2011, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
explorer21 wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:
asrider wrote:
This forum looks really dead..ironically saw many guys participating in Admissions Chat organised by tepper...whr ru all ...guys..??

Yeah, I'm surprised there's not more movement from R2 applicants. Perhaps everyone is waiting to see the results from R1 before scrambling for R2!

Along the lines of forum participation, I wonder how representative our group is of the entire applicant pool. Why wouldn't people get more involved here? The greater the participation we have here, the more accurate the stats become. While it is a slippery slope to start comparing yourself to short profiles...and will definitely drive anyone mad...it's super interesting to see the competition and to hear about other people's experiences.

So, it seems like Tepper interviews almost 60% of its applicants? I'm sure that number is driven up by self-initiated interviews. Thus, if their acceptance rate is 27%, that means half of interviewees are accepted. Anyone made the same calculations?

Agreed. Yeah I wonder how inflated the interview rate is because of self initiated interviews. Using round 2 or 3 might be a bit better to measure acceptance rate after an interview. Of course Rd2 applicants still have time to initiate an interview and Rd3 might be more competitive... so maybe we will never know!! :-D

It's going to be a long 7 days!

Hahaha, yep yep yep yep -- done the exact same calculations and figured if you got an interview request from them, you're at a 50% chance. Then I start thinking, oh well, my GMAT would be at the 90th percentile, and I visited during Diversity Weekend, and I'm tech/ops, and that's gotta start increasing my chances beyond a stock 50%.

I've also looked at past years' GMATClub threads, and it seems like almost everyone on here gets in. So hopefully that trend will continue lol.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@method- hey, you've gt a stellar profile! i will be surprised if u dnt get in! which all other schools did u apply to..?

method wrote:
asrider wrote:
@method-- hi, when were u interviewed.?? and can u share ur profile..?

Application sent via Consortium: 11/18
Application received: 11/23
Interview invite: 11/23
Interview: 11/30

I visited Tepper for their 3-day Diversity Weekend back in October, which was awessssssssssssome.

Rest of my background is pretty inline with Tepper. I did software engineering for 3 years with a Fortune 100 telecom, and I've been doing more tech, project management, and operations-based managerial accounting with a private manufacturing company that is a key packaging vendor for ConAgra foods, which is the #1 food manufacturer in North America.

Almost finished with a masters in accounting to sit for CPA and CMA examinations this Spring. Won a Fortune 500 case competition this summer. Pretty much won every scholarship and award there is to win at my graduate school.

Super interested in social impact. I started an urban education organization that puts college students into local K-12 schools here in my city's urban core. This semester we're partnering with 3 different schools, including KIPP which is the top "brand" in charter schools, and we've connected about 65 college students with 200 low-income, minority students. Post-MBA, I'm interested in charter school hyper-growth and emerging tech-education tools like Khan Academy. Also, looking at doing a dual-degree in public policy at the Heinz School.
Director
Director
Send PM
asrider wrote:
@method- hey, you've gt a stellar profile! i will be surprised if u dnt get in! which all other schools did u apply to..?

Oh, thanks man! Just the schools on my profile: Tepper + Ross, Fuqua, and Olin. I'm also considering a job offer in corporate innovation doing internal startup, VC-portfolio-like work, but waiting to see what shakes out next week. Pretty sure I'm getting dinged from Olin, not sure what went wrong there, but it's been 30 days with not so much as an application confirmation when everyone else is getting lightning quick turnarounds.

What's your profile and how's your app cycle going so far?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
method wrote:
asrider wrote:

Oh, thanks man! Just the schools on my profile: Tepper + Ross, Fuqua, and Olin. I'm also considering a job offer in corporate innovation doing internal startup, VC-portfolio-like work, but waiting to see what shakes out next week. Pretty sure I'm getting dinged from Olin, not sure what went wrong there, but it's been 30 days with not so much as an application confirmation when everyone else is getting lightning quick turnarounds.

What's your profile and how's your app cycle going so far?

@method...Hey, here is my profile..
M/ Indian/29/GMAT 700-Q49,V37/ WE-7.5 yrs- Automotive/CPG Industries..current managing south asia supply chain role in an intl CPG firm/ Top 5% in graduation class/ Decent ECs and Sports both..

I am a R-1 Applicant to Tepper, ross, kellogg, insead ..Got dings from Kellogg/ Insead. No Interview calls from either of tepper/ ross. Back-up choices are Top indian colleges, where i've been admitted already :), but will prefer to get into any good insti in the US.

In terms of career goals ..I want to get into Consulting roles after having worked with Manufacturing sector for a long time now. hope studying mba will surely help make that transition easy..!

Atb for all upcoming results man..!

Cheers..!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Asrider,

May I ask which top Indian colleges are your back up?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
zohaibmahmood wrote:
Hi Asrider,

May I ask which top Indian colleges are your back up?

Thanks

Sure..im in for 1Y programs @IIMB and IIMC. Applied to ISB in R-2. Which all colleges have u applied to?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Good luck everyone! I'll check the board in between finals.
Director
Director
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
method wrote:
Hahaha, yep yep yep yep -- done the exact same calculations and figured if you got an interview request from them, you're at a 50% chance. Then I start thinking, oh well, my GMAT would be at the 90th percentile, and I visited during Diversity Weekend, and I'm tech/ops, and that's gotta start increasing my chances beyond a stock 50%.

wow such humility....

What's with your comment? Doesn't anyone evaluate their chances with a school by incorporating GPA/GMAT and work experience, and then factoring in school trips and an interview invite as positive signals?

Originally posted by method on 15 Dec 2011, 10:11.
Last edited by method on 15 Dec 2011, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
so are they going to call tommorow>?
Director
Director
Send PM
asrider wrote:
Atb for all upcoming results man..!

Cheers..!!

Hey, you too! That's awesome that you've already got some good results from the schools in India.
Director
Director
Send PM
waitingandwaiting wrote:
so are they going to call tommorow>?

I was looking at last year's thread and those decisions went out on a Monday afternoon, so I'm thinking we'll probably have to wait until Monday also. :|
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Here's...um....something for y'all. It's a bit odd, but so is CMU:

https://www.cmu.edu/ua/email/general/2011-ecard.html#
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Inside CMU Tepper's Admissions Office - What happens when you click that "submit" button?

James Frick, MBA director of admissions CMU Tepper - At CMU Tepper, we have an oustanding support staff, and it is going to take control as soon as applicants click that “submit” button. It will coordinate the applications, get it organized and ensure that all of the required and supplemental information is in. The team does a great job of being in touch with the applicants and in general we are very proactive and thoughtful about reaching out and saying, “Here is your status, and here’s what we need from your side.” Many a time the message is just to say that it’s hard to read a transcript that you’ve uploaded at the time of submission, can you send another copy?

Once it is verified that an application is complete, it goes to our reviewers for reading. All of the admissions reviewers are part of the professional admissions team, made up of myself and my colleagues. All the applications are read a minimum of two times and usually three or four.... read more

Originally posted by bizschoolprep on 16 Dec 2011, 01:19.
Last edited by bizschoolprep on 29 Dec 2011, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
vixer wrote:
Here's...um....something for y'all. It's a bit odd, but so is CMU:

https://www.cmu.edu/ua/email/general/2011-ecard.html#

haha weird? Have you seen the robot from the video on campus yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: The Earth organization, India
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations
 Q47  V34 GMAT 2: 680  Q48  V35 GMAT 3: 710  Q48  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: SAP consultant-IT 2 years
WE 2: Entrepreneur-family business 2 years
Send PM
guys, really a big issue- maybe R1 guys can help. The essay instruction is "12 point font double spaced". I just worked few weeks on the essays and just when I was feeling good about them I realized that I had used font 9. When I changed it to font 12 my 2 page essay became a four page essay !!!

I really don't wanna cut back so much on the data entered. Any comments ? Can we use at least 10-11 font or 1.5 spacing ?Or a special font maybe which takes lesser space.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6929 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts