Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.48
WE:Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Other, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
WE:Other (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! [#permalink]
Is anyone else applying Round 5? Thoughts on whether R5 applicants are at a disadvantage because they're applying later in the process and, presumably, most seats are filled by now?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
baileyessr0g wrote:
Is anyone else applying Round 5? Thoughts on whether R5 applicants are at a disadvantage because they're applying later in the process and, presumably, most seats are filled by now?

Based on my experience last year, I was surprised by the number of admits in the last round, but if I remember correctly, they all had really strong applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
baileyessr0g wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to get accepted to the FEMBA Flex program since I'd be commuting from New York. Anderson's my dream school for so many reasons, including its strong media/entertainment program (I'm a journalist looking to develop my business skills in order to advance in the industry), its lenient policy for part-time students seeking internships and OCR opportunities, and the fact that I'm hoping to settle down in LA after I graduate. I guess my background profiles as a less-traditional applicant; not sure if that's a plus or a minus. My GMAT is a concern because of the low quant score, and my GPA is below the class average, but otherwise I feel like I'll have a pretty strong application. I'm looking forward to my Super Saturday interview this weekend, and then I'll be hoping for the best!

Good luck on your interview! I'll be one of the current students chatting in the "FEMBA Coffee" waiting area, come by and say hi to us!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
It was indeed a good surprise !!! You should have written "spoiler alert" at the start of your post :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
That is pretty awesome, thank you for sharing.

Best of luck to those who applied to round 4 and applying for round 5. I attended the Super Saturday Interview and I completely bombed it. I remember my interviewer jotted only two lines as I was answering his questions and nothing more. Not to mention I was really nervous during the interview and there was no connection.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Other, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
WE:Other (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
chamisool wrote:
That is pretty awesome, thank you for sharing.

Best of luck to those who applied to round 4 and applying for round 5. I attended the Super Saturday Interview and I completely bombed it. I remember my interviewer jotted only two lines as I was answering his questions and nothing more. Not to mention I was really nervous during the interview and there was no connection.

I was also nervous but I think my interview went OK, though my interviewer didn't take down that many notes either. Does anyone else feel that this should be a legitimate concern? In any case, it's out of my hands now and I'm just crossing my fingers for some good news over the next few months. Good luck to you too!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
baileyessr0g wrote:
I was also nervous but I think my interview went OK, though my interviewer didn't take down that many notes either. Does anyone else feel that this should be a legitimate concern? In any case, it's out of my hands now and I'm just crossing my fingers for some good news over the next few months. Good luck to you too!

I also attended Super Saturday interview for R4 and cannot argue about the nervousness that starts pouring as soon as one sits on the hot seat. My interviewer was FEMBA Alum, 2002 and a super nice gentleman. I was just so impressed by his overall personality that I could not stop asking him questions even before he started interviewing me :). But, I think my interview went just ok, and no where close to what I imagined and prepared for. In my subconsciousness, I think I bombed it as well, but then I also think of a great experience I had being there and that's what I am hoping to gain *if atall* my application gets accepted. As mentioned, there is nothing in our hands now and arrow has left the bow already, not sure if it will hit the bulls eye.

Does any one know how soon we start hearing about results of any particular round. The decision date is May 31 though, for R4.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any updates on R4 results yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
R4 applicants,
My application status changed back to "submitted" from "being reviewed" today. Does anyone know what it means and is any of you in the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just received a very pleasant surprise call from Dylan, I got into the 2016 class :) !!!
Congratulations to all those who received early decision today and good luck to the rest!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Back2School!!

Any more recipients of the wonderful call this week? Was just wondering if they already started releasing results for everyone for R4.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations Tgt750 and welcome to the club :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Back2Schoo1 wrote:
Congratulations Tgt750 and welcome to the club :)

Thanks Back2Schoo1, I feel highly privileged.

As Christy mentioned, they are still rolling out early admission calls. More decisions are yet to come in upcoming weeks. All the best to rest of the applicants.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.69
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Advice Wanted:

I applied to the UCLA FEMBA in R5 and I'm trying to decide whether to apply to USC's FEMBA as a back-up. I have a 3.7/3.75 from UC Berkeley (BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering), 720 GMAT, but only 2.5 years of industry work experience. As for total work experience, I have been working since I was 14 years old, but I'm not sure that bears any merit. The 2.5 years is in a defense company where my role is typically technical, but I direct 10-12 technicians across various production shifts (though none are direct subordinates). My company also pays 100% of tuition. Anyone have any advice for whether I should burn another $200 to apply for USC or whether my chances are good enough despite applying to UCLA in R5.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Is Anderson your first choice and dream school?

Do you not mind you just waiting another year before going back to school?

If your answer is yes to both of these - then just apply to Anderson.

If you don't get in, then use the following year to enhance your application. In your case, this would probably best be done with the additional year of experiecne in your industry and ability to do some key milestone projects while at work or take on more expanded management related roles

berkeleyboy wrote:
Advice Wanted:

I applied to the UCLA FEMBA in R5 and I'm trying to decide whether to apply to USC's FEMBA as a back-up. I have a 3.7/3.75 from UC Berkeley (BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering), 720 GMAT, but only 2.5 years of industry work experience. As for total work experience, I have been working since I was 14 years old, but I'm not sure that bears any merit. The 2.5 years is in a defense company where my role is typically technical, but I direct 10-12 technicians across various production shifts (though none are direct subordinates). My company also pays 100% of tuition. Anyone have any advice for whether I should burn another $200 to apply for USC or whether my chances are good enough despite applying to UCLA in R5.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Send PM
Got the admit recently as part of R4, been a silent observer in the group so far :)
Anybody traveling from Seattle in 2016 batch?

re posting for lack of replies.. anyone from Seattle area PING .. :)

Originally posted by dairymilk on 21 May 2013, 20:20.
Last edited by dairymilk on 01 Jun 2013, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.32
WE:Editorial and Writing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
berkeleyboy wrote:
Advice Wanted:

As someone who has interacted extensively with both UCLA Anderson and USC Marshall throughout the admissions process, I would highly encourage you to drop USC. UCLA is a no-brainer and USC is in a downward spiral where the admissions staff engages in shady unprofessional business practices. They aren't worth your money or time.

Best of luck with UCLA!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts