[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "201_school_count"
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake : INSEAD - Page 16
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 02:11 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 02:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 296
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
I had a same profile n score. Got dinged in r3
Manager
Manager
Send PM
but i applied in R1 of Jan’25
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.33
WE:Engineering (Finance)
Send PM
Karan0912 wrote:
Hey, I got a dinged email for Jan’25 class. I finished my application in January itself...way before the deadline of March for R1. I am surprised why would they dinge even before receiving all the applications. Has anything like this ever happened? Posted from my mobile device

this is surprising! when did you submit your application? the original deadline is march 12th 2024 right?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
shanks2020 wrote:
does knowing French while applying give a boost to the application?

­If you are asking about French as a second or a third language, no there is no preference for one language over another at the time of application. However, if you have a very high level of proficiency, such as a C1 or C2, and you pitch an eagerness to work in France post-MBA (for example), the adcom will surely take note of that as a positive thing. 

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alumna, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­­
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lasthopeins wrote:
Karan0912 wrote:
Hey, I got a dinged email for Jan’25 class. I finished my application in January itself...way before the deadline of March for R1. I am surprised why would they dinge even before receiving all the applications. Has anything like this ever happened? Posted from my mobile device

this is surprising! when did you submit your application? the original deadline is march 12th 2024 right?

­January 10th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Hey Guys! Any re-applicant here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
Send PM
Hi can my profile be evaluated : I have 3 + years of work experience in startups in Business Development , I don’t have international experience but I have onboarded few clients from Africa and the Philippines but most of my work was based in expanding regions in India. I have graduated from VIT with a 8.34 CGPA and have a 720 GMAT score.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
adityabala wrote:
Hi can my profile be evaluated : I have 3 + years of work experience in startups in Business Development , I don’t have international experience but I have onboarded few clients from Africa and the Philippines but most of my work was based in expanding regions in India. I have graduated from VIT with a 8.34 CGPA and have a 720 GMAT score.

­adityabala - Would like to understand your work-ex better (e.g. the impact you've had in your roles, promotions, etc.) to assess the strength.

Broadly though, given that the # of years of work-ex isn't high, and the international exposure is low, I would suggest a higher GMAT score (ideally 740+ or GFE equivalent) to increase your odds.

Another way to differentiate your profile is through ExtraCurriculars (based on your involvement) and aligning to some key themes that INSEAD values (e.g. sustainability).

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
SVP
SVP
Send PM

adityabala wrote:

­adityabala
First of all, your experience is on the lower side of average. To be honest, it may not be the best time for you to apply to INSEAD. But since you are still relatively young for INSEAD, you could take another 1-2 years to sharpen your profile in that direction. I suggest taking opportunities that promise a steep career upswing. For example, take on an international assignment or a challenging role in a geography you are not familiar with. Alternatively, look for opportunities in strategy and execution at a well-known startup that is going through a steep growth phase and work hard for 1-2 years to gain deserving recognition from the founders. Look for positions where you have the opportunity to work very closely with the founders and CXOs. There is also a lot of room for improvement on the GMAT front. You can speak with me directly to better assess your chances.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alumna, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­

­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
GPA: 1.91
Send PM
MBAspirant05 wrote:
Hey Guys! Any re-applicant here?

Me!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q89 V86 DI81
Send PM
Hey.
Can my profile be evaluated?

31, Indian, Male. Currently working as CFO in my firm, which deals in retail trade. Before working as CFO, i spent more than 6.5 yrs in finance sector working with a public sector bank. Before that for more than a year, I worked as a tutor and worked with coaching institute and in various educational platforms.
Volunteer work in 2-3 NGOs for more than a year. Scored 715 in GMAT FE.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Repeat post

Originally posted by MBADecoder on 20 Feb 2024, 05:36.
Last edited by MBADecoder on 20 Feb 2024, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 617 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Send PM
Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2025 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply

Piscine15 wrote:
Hey.
Can my profile be evaluated?

31, Indian, Male. Currently working as CFO in my firm, which deals in retail trade. Before working as CFO, i spent more than 6.5 yrs in finance sector working with a public sector bank. Before that for more than a year, I worked as a tutor and worked with coaching institute and in various educational platforms.
Volunteer work in 2-3 NGOs for more than a year. Scored 715 in GMAT FE.

­Hi Piscine15,

One of INSEAD 's qualiyfying factors is international experience/ exposure (that means you regulary work on international teams). It will be important to understand your international exposure as you have mainly worked in deomstic markets (retail trade and PSU bank). 

Secondly, elaborate on your current work experience. How large is your company? what kind of business do you do/ how much business per year? Moreover, given your work expeience what is the need for an MBA and that from INSEAD? 

You will have to convince the adcoms on these above accounts to have a fair chance. My recommedation would be to apply to other MBA programs as well where the international focus criteria is not as much. Oxford and HEC Paris come immediately to mind.

Namita Garg,
Founder, MBA Decoder
Email: contact@mbadecoder.com
 ­­­
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
AnubhavC97 wrote:
I had a same profile n score. Got dinged in r3

Did u get interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi I would like an evaluation of my profile
I have 4.2 years of work experience. I have an MBA from IIM Kozhikode and Btech from DTU. Worked with Siemens for 2 years and 2.5 yrs with EY as a strategy consultant- client facing role. All my clients at EY were international clients - Qatar, Vietnam (deployed for 2 months at Vietnam), Bangladesh and even Singapore(short stint). I have 730 in GMAT.
SVP
SVP
Send PM

Akshita712 wrote:
I have 4.2 years of work experience. I have an MBA from IIM Kozhikode and Btech from DTU. Worked with Siemens for 2 years and 2.5 yrs with EY as a strategy consultant- client facing role. All my clients at EY were international clients - Qatar, Vietnam (deployed for 2 months at Vietnam), Bangladesh and even Singapore(short stint). I have 730 in GMAT.

­Hi Akshita712 hope this finds you well,
I would say better chances than many with multiple assignments in client offices (international focus). GMAT and the academic arc is decent. That gives me a good feeling. You already have an MBA, how you justify another one, not too long after the first, will be a critical point in the application. Showcase a steep learning curve and career progression. What are your goals? Show good insight into your goals strategy. Research. Avoid generic MBB goals without making a clear connection to what you will do at MBB. Just a personal observation- outside of the former MBB pool, at INSEAD MBBs prefer recruiting people from industry over Big 4 consultants. Those who come to INSEAD with non consulting backgrounds come with rich industry experience/focus and prior experience in execution. MBBs love to interview these profiles. Professionally, show a focus area in your application and build your motivation around it. 

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alumna, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 326 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Akshita712 wrote:

­Akshita712 - interesting profile. Some thoughts and clarifications:

1. What motivates you for a second MBA: is it merely geographic shift, or any other reason(s)? And what are your career goals post MBA?

2. The strategy/ consulting role and international deployments are good angles. Assuming the EY role was after Siemens, having a strong narrative indicating your career arc, motivations to switch (e.g. were your projects on similar domains but with more/ wider clients), and career goals would be crucial, to bring out your differentiating factors and highlight the need for a second MBA.

3. INSEAD values involvement in ExtraCurriculars. Make sure to highlight your involvement in such activities, and how they helped you evolve.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ 
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18  ...  79   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3773 posts