Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 05:16 It is currently 14 May 2024, 05:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
one more - for the job duties/responsibilities section, are you guys & gals just copying resume bullets in or are you writing a mroe detailed narrative on accomplishments for each one? I was leaning towards copying in the 4 or 5 bullets and handling acheivements in the essays but was curious if everyone else was taking a different approach. thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
charliedudd wrote:
one more - for the job duties/responsibilities section, are you guys & gals just copying resume bullets in or are you writing a mroe detailed narrative on accomplishments for each one? I was leaning towards copying in the 4 or 5 bullets and handling acheivements in the essays but was curious if everyone else was taking a different approach. thanks

I already submitted my application. I just wrote like 1-2 basic sentences describing my job in a nutshell. Maybe this was the wrong approach, but the resume already has the detailed bullet points, so I didn't think I needed to go into such detail.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia (enrolling), Booth (admitted), Kellogg (admitted), NYU (withdrawn)
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3 yrs IM
Send PM
thirderivativemerf wrote:
Any thoughts as to what to do if you notice some (2) minor errors/typos in your app after submitting? Is it best to call the ad com or not call attention to it? Thanks in advance.

I know it's a terrible feeling, but I would let it slide if it's something small. I had typos on two applications. I mispelt Silfen (Leadership Series) as Silgen and did not bother to correct it. For Kellogg, I misreported my major GPA as my cumulative GPA and notified the adcom of my error. Use your best judgement.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:NYU Stern 2013
Send PM
cg86 wrote:
charliedudd wrote:

This section gives you the opportunity to describe your responsibilities/duties, whereas your resume bullets should skip the description of your job responsibilities and strictly detail your performance highlights/achievements.

Contrast the following:
Duties paragraph: I am responsible for analyzing xyz.
On Resume: - Saved company $xx by streamlining xyz process.

I hope that helps.

Your comments are very helpful. Thanks for sharing your idea.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
I already completed my interview with an alum but received an invitation to meet with an adcom member again.
Anyone had similar experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any Regular Decision applicants received interview invitations yet? If so, when did you apply and when did you receive your invitation to interview?

I thought CBS was going to look at regular decision applications in December 2010, but the clear admit wiki (clearadmit DOT com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) says they will start looking at RD applications starting on Jan 5th, 2011.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Curious about timing - CBS [#permalink]
For RD applications, how much time is expected to receive interview invites after the application "went under review"?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Columbia, Wharton, HBS
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Q: I submitted my application the first week of December and one of my recommendations was submitted the next day. My second recommender is still working on the recommendation. A coworker mentioned that CBS will look at your application with one recommendation and will choose to offer an interview/reject applicant on the basis of that one recommendation even if the second one hasn't been submitted by the time they review the application. Is this true? I remember CBS staff mention during the info session that they wont review applications until Jan 5th. TIA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
ppop wrote:
I already completed my interview with an alum but received an invitation to meet with an adcom member again.

that is interesting, but i would assume it's good. are you an RD applicant?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Re: Curious about timing - CBS [#permalink]
ounce wrote:
For RD applications, how much time is expected to receive interview invites after the application "went under review"?

I submitted 11/13. Received interview invite 12/20. RD
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Schools:Columbia (enrolling), Booth (admitted), Kellogg (admitted), NYU (withdrawn)
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3 yrs IM
Send PM
ppop wrote:

It could be just that they found your interviewer's notes to be inadequate. I would take it as a good sign, since it means they are still interested. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Wharton, Duke, Yale, Georgetown, Emory
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
I am applying for the Jan 5 round. Any idea if I submit my application then, when would they send out interview invite? do they interview everyone? Also, what is the date of the final decision notification?

Sorry..tried to look on the CSB website but could not find the info. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
josiebella wrote:

that is interesting, but i would assume it's good. are you an RD applicant?

Yes I am an RD applicant as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For the RDs who have received interview invitations, would you guys please post your profile and application date?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:R2: Stern, Yale SOM, Wharton, Columbia, Tuck
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 3+ Engineer
Send PM
I'm not quite sure what to put for the "How Will You Finance Your MBA?" portion of the application. Personally, $25k would be a realistic number (possibly more) for self resources. Is this enough? As far as private versus federal loans, I have no idea how that all works yet and am worried I'll look like an idiot if I put the remaining $85k as federal when this isn't practical. Any advice??

Thanks!
-P.W.H.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
To goldgoldandgold:

Have you tried to contact the admission office? If that's still how they tell you to calculate it, I would suggest to state the percentile and the grading system in the optional essay.

That's just my two cents though...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
i have my RD interview next week -- any tips on how to prepare?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  129   130   131   132   133  ...  198