Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 01:05 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 01:05
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
NikitaChopade
10th - 92%
12th - 78%
Quite a significant drop NikitaChopade!

Quote:
B.E Mechanical engineering - 8.9/10 cgpa

I have total 4 years of experience as piping materials engineer. I worked 3 years at Praj industries (ethanol - biotechnology company) and currently working at Worley (Oil & Gas company).
Surprisingly, you didn't mention your undergrad college. Nor did you mention your goals.

Quote:
I am studying 2 hours daily since 1 month for the GMAT exam, what score will be sufficient to get into ISB?
With 2 hours daily, it might take you quite a while, before you are prepared for GMAT. Are you targeting R2? Have you given any GMAT official mocks yet?

700+ would be good; obviously the higher, the better.
--
Ashish.
Send PM
ISBeacon
Quite a significant drop NikitaChopade! Surprisingly, you didn’t mention your undergrad college. Nor did you mention your goals. With 2 hours daily, it might take you quite a while, before you are prepared for GMAT. Are you targeting R2? Have you given any GMAT official mocks yet? 700+ would be good; obviously the higher, the better. -- Ashish.
Yes, I am targeting round 2. My official gmat practice test score was 590 and I have a long way to travel for 710+.
Thanks for the valuable inputs

ISBeacon
Quite a significant drop NikitaChopade! Surprisingly, you didn’t mention your undergrad college. Nor did you mention your goals. With 2 hours daily, it might take you quite a while, before you are prepared for GMAT. Are you targeting R2? Have you given any GMAT official mocks yet? 700+ would be good; obviously the higher, the better. -- Ashish.
Drop is because I was more focused on the JEE than the board exam.
Undergrad college - AVCOE, sangamner
Send PM
nikhil0602
last question. so i should cancel the score if i get less than 710 right? even though the school will consider the best score but what difference would it make?
You know nikhil0602 ....from all your messages, it seems that you already know that you would be scoring lesser than 710 and are preparing full-throttle for the actions you need to take, subsequent to that eventuality :lol: .

As for cancellation, hope you are aware that you don't have to take a call on cancellation, at the examination center itself! So, if you score in the vicinity of 710, don't cancel the score at the examination center; you would still have 72 hours after you come back, to take the call on cancellation (though I do agree it would cost you a bit, to cancel the score in that case).

The thing is that generally, overall score is all that matters. However, if you are focusing on some Finance focused schools, these schools do give more weightage to quant scores than to verbal scores. Hence, I am not inclined to give you any black & white recommendation about cancelling your scores, the moment you get less than 710.
--
Ashish.
Send PM
ISBeacon
Will this drop in percent affect negatively for my profile
Send PM
NikitaChopade
Yes, I am targeting round 2. My official gmat practice test score was 590 and I have a long way to travel for 710+.
Long way indeed NikitaChopade, and I am glad you realize that, and are willing to put in the many months of consistent preparation that is required to break the 700 barrier.

All the best!
--
Ashish.
Send PM
NikitaChopade
Will this drop in percent affect negatively for my profile
Don't worry about this at all. The abrupt decrease just caught my attention.
--
Ashish.
Send PM
ISBeacon
Long way indeed NikitaChopade, and I am glad you realize that, and are willing to put in the many months of consistent preparation that is required to break the 700 barrier. All the best! -- Ashish.
Yes, thank you very much

gmatbuddy101
710+ score will be more than sufficient to get into ISB, even if you study for 10 mins a day or 8 hours a day. Rest profile is decent.
Thanks
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GRE 1: Q168 V156
Send PM
Hi,
Requesting the experts to review my profile.

GRE - 324 (168Q 156V)

10th - 85% State board
12th - 79% State board
B.Tech Computer Science - 8.2/10

Work Ex - 3 years (Founder’s office in US based tech company, currently in Indian Ecommerce SAAS startup), also have set up a business of my own (a video production house in operation for last 5+ years with good revenue growth)

Role - Product Marketing & Analytics (responsible for early growth of the company and played major data-driven decision making role in the companies, involved in raising seed round funding of $3.3m, managed a team of 8 directly reporting to me)

Extras- National level rower with a gold medal in state level, winner at state level debate competitions, member of org committee debate club.

International Experience - US based tech company had people based out of US, China, India, Kenya, Vietnam. I was leading the in the business team based out of India.

Post MBA Goals - Product Management in Tech company
Send PM
nnvin
Hi,
Requesting the experts to review my profile.

GRE - 324 (168Q 156V)

10th - 85% State board
12th - 79% State board
B.Tech Computer Science - 8.2/10

Work Ex - 3 years (Founder’s office in US based tech company, currently in Indian Ecommerce SAAS startup), also have set up a business of my own (a video production house in operation for last 5+ years with good revenue growth)

Role - Product Marketing & Analytics (responsible for early growth of the company and played major data-driven decision making role in the companies, involved in raising seed round funding of $3.3m, managed a team of 8 directly reporting to me)

Extras- National level rower with a gold medal in state level, winner at state level debate competitions, member of org committee debate club.

International Experience - US based tech company had people based out of US, China, India, Kenya, Vietnam. I was leading the in the business team based out of India.

Post MBA Goals - Product Management in Tech company
Overall quite decent profile nnvin.

If there is one thing I could pick from your profile as a possible area of improvement, it would be your GRE score.

The average GRE score at ISB is around 327 and so, yours is a bit on the lower side.
--
Ashish.
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
GRE 1: Q168 V156
Send PM
ISBeacon
Overall quite decent profile nnvin. If there is one thing I could pick from your profile as a possible area of improvement, it would be your GRE score. The average GRE score at ISB is around 327 and so, yours is a bit on the lower side. -- Ashish.
okay, so your suggestion for me would be to retake the GRE and target a score closer to the average?

I am struggling with this choice myself as only ~40 days left for ISB’s R1 application
Send PM
nnvin
okay, so your suggestion for me would be to retake the GRE and target a score closer to the average?
Yes...preferably higher than the average.

Quote:
I am struggling with this choice myself as only ~40 days left for ISB’s R1 application
There is no struggle here; if you believe that 2-3 months of solid prep will enhance by scores by 5+ points, it would be better to apply in R2.
--
Ashish.
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 382
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q83 V81 DI78 (Online)
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V29
WE:General Management (Technology)
Send PM
Businessconquerer
Good profile, I’d still suggest improving the GMAT score
Hi, could you guide which schools I can target with this profile. Thanks in advance
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: ISB '24
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.3
WE:Analyst (Energy)
Send PM