Last visit was: 14 Jul 2024, 22:29 It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 22:29
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Apr 2023
Posts: 2
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Jun 2023
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Location: India
Send PM
Director
Director
Joined: 14 Mar 2023
Posts: 999
Own Kudos [?]: 312 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 25 Dec 2021
Posts: 4
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
ISBeacon wrote:
What? 4 years of work experience and you have 1 cr+ invested in stock markets Aiku12? Do you take loans, to invest in stock markets? Are you investing in derivatives? At this point, your Plan-B does not look like a candidate to be mentioned in the application.

I wanted to know what score should I target for ?
Director
Director
Joined: 14 Mar 2023
Posts: 999
Own Kudos [?]: 312 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Aiku12 wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted a profile review.
Background:
Class X : 9.8 CGPA
Class XII : 79.2% (CBSE)
Btech (IT) : 63% ( AKTU)
GMAT: Planning to give in November.
Work Exp : 4 years.
1st work experience: cyber security engineer @ L&T technology services, where i worked on providing cyber security related consulting to more than 20 customers across industries.
In a short stint i also got a chance to work with the Chief Strategy Officer of L&T technology Services. ( 3years)
2nd Work Experience: Information security manager with Tata consultancy services,
Here I perform information security audits, incident management , repond to information security related business requests for NGM markets ( Middle east, Asia Pacific & India ). ( Supporting as a manager for across 150+ projects and managing 10k + associates.

Extra Curricular: Actively involved in raising funds upto 15 Lakhs and supporting in relief care for 2019 kerala floods,kashmir floods &covid pandamic where we provided more than 7K + people with monthly ration.

Hobbies: I am fascinated by the stock markets and because of which I decided to do the mba.
Currently I am managing 1cr + capital in stock markets and I love to eat, sleep and breathe markets.

Post MBA goals:
Plan A : Get in to Strategy consulting for businesses.
Plan B : Come close to my goals of trading and investing like the greats ( Rakesh Jhunjhunwala or Warren Buffett).


Aiku12, having transitioned to a strategy consulting role in the Middle East (post my MBA) from an IT consulting role (pre-MBA), I'm happy to share my views.

Your profile (except GPA, which a strong GMAT score can help alleviate) is quite strong, and begs the questions "why MBA" and "why ISB/ IIM"? To play the devils advocate, why not use the investment proceeds and start a boutique strategy consulting firm, or reinvest the profits and start/ grow a hedge fund?

Having clarity on your motivations is critical. Some steps I suggest: Identify your target companies/ geographies, research about your target roles, speak to people who have worked in similar roles, identify what exactly excites you about them, and what are the skill-set gaps an MBA will help bridge. Also be clear on the ISB-specific resources that make the school appealing to you.

On a side note, being a fellow investor and a follower of Buffett (attended my first in-person Berkshire annual meet at Omaha this year), I'm also happy to chat about value investing:)

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com| E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1936
Own Kudos [?]: 714 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Rishabh1306 wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted a profile review-

Education -
Class 10- 10CGPA
Class 12- 72.6% ( Science)
Graduation - BBA- Finance : 8.68 CGPA ( From:- BMCC,Pune )

Work Experience -
Note - Will be completing 2 years this August

Current Role - Data Research Analyst at Morningstar ( From August 2022-Current)

About role-
My role is to analyse financial documents carefully and upload it in a structured format on the Morningstar user platform.
I also work with data consultants of the EMEA region to resolve the discrepancy in data visibility issues using SQL and various other technical tools.
I am required to work with the tech team and various other product teams to resolve issues.
I manage relationships between Morningstar and Insurance companies, Fund companies and AMCs.

Achievements-
1. I have reduced the working hour for a particular profile using Excel VBA as a tool, which has saved a lot of manual processing time.
2. I have worked with the tech team to automate many areas of my process.
3. Collaborated with Data Consultants of EMEA region to resolve multiple issues which clients have faced on multiple days.
4. Found a discrepancy in a flow before it was discovered at the clients end, which saved us from losing our client.
5. I am part of the Financial Literacy group in my company, where I manage and take sessions to increase financial knowledge of employees.
6. I have also been a process trainer for new joiners. I have helped them excel in the process within a very short span.

2. Previous role-
Quality Analyst - FinIQ Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (Pune)
Duration - August 2021- August 2022.

About role-
My role was to creating and validating end to end testcases and testplans UAT, SIT and pre-prod environment.
I was also used to perform regression, financial and conformance testing. I used to check FIX connection, API testing as well as ensure email connectivity among Buyside and Sellside banks.
I used to report any issues in the UAT and SIT stage to developers and configurators and help them resolve the issue. I have a financial understanding of Structured products, Derivatives, Options and Bonds.

Achievements-
1. I was awarded with best performance award for my batch.
2. I have handled multiple projects at times.
3. Was part of the demo team on multiple occasions.
4. Set new standards for test cases and test plans.
5. Tested end to end trade life cycles and built connectivity between trading platforms.
6. Introduced the new UI-UX testing scenarios to check the effectiveness of the platform.
7. Used to test the financial product script by manually calculating the results on Excel.

Key Skills-
Structured Product, leadership,
Automation using various tools, MS office, SQL, client communication, Data analysis,

Internship-
1. Car Udyog - worked with a startup where I was Finance and Accounts Intern. I helped it in pricing and costing methodology. Coordinated with the tech team to set the pricing calculation. I also handled the accounts part of the company. I also forecasted break-even point for the business model.
2. Bayside media- I worked here as an intern. Our main product was an education program. My role was to make calls to graduate students and sell them education products which could help them boost their career.

Extra-curricular -
1. Was part of the college annual event as a volunteer. Got maximum entries in one day.
2. I am a marathon runner and organize small marathon runs on weekends.

Social work-
1. Volunteer at Teach for India.
I teach around 41 underprivileged students Maths and English.

Projects -
Final year project was on Comparative Ratio Analysis of 5 Subsidiaries of Adani. Performed ratio analysis and financial interpretation of Cash flow, Balance sheet and P&L.


Targeting GMAT attempt on August 18.


Hi Rishabh1306

I think your work has quite a potential to make you stand out. At the surface level, analyzing, interpreting (and correcting)data related to various financial products would have valuable impact in the form of actionable recommendations for Morningstar's clients and finance professionals. Make sure this impact comes through (currently it isn't in your "achievements").
As I often mention, it's essential to unpack your experiences and reconstruct your narrative to showcase how high-impact projects have granted you more hands-on experience and opportunities to engage with industry stakeholders and this has led to your increased experiential maturity and the ability to contextualize business problems in your industry.

You did not mention your goals. Demonstrating a strong start on post PGP goals research will bolster the adcom's confidence in your maturity and ability to navigate a PGP program typically designed for individuals with more experience.

I like your volunteer initiatives and your active participation in marathons. Giving back and improving yourself (fitness & health) is rare among very young professionals who have a lot to do due to hectic work commitments.

Feel free to connect
Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Director
Director
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Status:Your Beacon to ISB!
Posts: 689
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Aiku12 wrote:
I started with an initial investments of 10 Lakhs, reinvested in equities, I also manage money for my family members so that’s the total amount I have been managing, in last three years its given CAGR 15.5 %

What can I say...hats off to your family members, for trusting you with such a big corpus, rather than approaching an investment professional :) .
Director
Director
Joined: 14 Mar 2023
Posts: 999
Own Kudos [?]: 312 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Rishabh1306 wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted a profile review-

Education -
Class 10- 10CGPA
Class 12- 72.6% ( Science)
Graduation - BBA- Finance : 8.68 CGPA ( From:- BMCC,Pune )

Work Experience -
Note - Will be completing 2 years this August

Current Role - Data Research Analyst at Morningstar ( From August 2022-Current)

About role-
My role is to analyse financial documents carefully and upload it in a structured format on the Morningstar user platform.
I also work with data consultants of the EMEA region to resolve the discrepancy in data visibility issues using SQL and various other technical tools.
I am required to work with the tech team and various other product teams to resolve issues.
I manage relationships between Morningstar and Insurance companies, Fund companies and AMCs.

Achievements-
1. I have reduced the working hour for a particular profile using Excel VBA as a tool, which has saved a lot of manual processing time.
2. I have worked with the tech team to automate many areas of my process.
3. Collaborated with Data Consultants of EMEA region to resolve multiple issues which clients have faced on multiple days.
4. Found a discrepancy in a flow before it was discovered at the clients end, which saved us from losing our client.
5. I am part of the Financial Literacy group in my company, where I manage and take sessions to increase financial knowledge of employees.
6. I have also been a process trainer for new joiners. I have helped them excel in the process within a very short span.

2. Previous role-
Quality Analyst - FinIQ Consulting Pvt. Ltd. (Pune)
Duration - August 2021- August 2022.

About role-
My role was to creating and validating end to end testcases and testplans UAT, SIT and pre-prod environment.
I was also used to perform regression, financial and conformance testing. I used to check FIX connection, API testing as well as ensure email connectivity among Buyside and Sellside banks.
I used to report any issues in the UAT and SIT stage to developers and configurators and help them resolve the issue. I have a financial understanding of Structured products, Derivatives, Options and Bonds.

Achievements-
1. I was awarded with best performance award for my batch.
2. I have handled multiple projects at times.
3. Was part of the demo team on multiple occasions.
4. Set new standards for test cases and test plans.
5. Tested end to end trade life cycles and built connectivity between trading platforms.
6. Introduced the new UI-UX testing scenarios to check the effectiveness of the platform.
7. Used to test the financial product script by manually calculating the results on Excel.

Key Skills-
Structured Product, leadership,
Automation using various tools, MS office, SQL, client communication, Data analysis,

Internship-
1. Car Udyog - worked with a startup where I was Finance and Accounts Intern. I helped it in pricing and costing methodology. Coordinated with the tech team to set the pricing calculation. I also handled the accounts part of the company. I also forecasted break-even point for the business model.
2. Bayside media- I worked here as an intern. Our main product was an education program. My role was to make calls to graduate students and sell them education products which could help them boost their career.

Extra-curricular -
1. Was part of the college annual event as a volunteer. Got maximum entries in one day.
2. I am a marathon runner and organize small marathon runs on weekends.

Social work-
1. Volunteer at Teach for India.
I teach around 41 underprivileged students Maths and English.

Projects -
Final year project was on Comparative Ratio Analysis of 5 Subsidiaries of Adani. Performed ratio analysis and financial interpretation of Cash flow, Balance sheet and P&L.


Targeting GMAT attempt on August 18.


Rishabh1306

Your profile and experiences mentioned are good.

Your work experience (2 years) is on the lower side for ISB, however this in itself is not a challenge as long as your GMAT score is strong (720+), and essays/ motivations are compelling.

One comment on the achievements: try to highlight any achievement from the business angle i.e. what was the impact of your role/ project. For example, "Saved $X.Y in costs by working with tech teams to automate high-impact process areas" is more powerful than "..worked with the tech team to automate many areas of my process". This applies both to your CV and while mentioning such experiences on your essays.

To better advise, please let me know: what are your post-MBA goals, short term and long term? And why are you looking to do an MBA at this juncture?

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Admission Consultant
Joined: 05 Dec 2018
Posts: 246
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Ankit,
ISB offers various merit linked and other scholarships you can apply to. We have shared some details about ISB Scholarships.



Ankit_Raturi wrote:
Hi, can anyone guide me on how to avail scholarship for PGP program?
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1936
Own Kudos [?]: 714 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Aiku12 wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted a profile review.
Background:
Class X : 9.8 CGPA
Class XII : 79.2% (CBSE)
Btech (IT) : 63% ( AKTU)
GMAT: Planning to give in November.
Work Exp : 4 years.
1st work experience: cyber security engineer @ L&T technology services, where i worked on providing cyber security related consulting to more than 20 customers across industries.
In a short stint i also got a chance to work with the Chief Strategy Officer of L&T technology Services. ( 3years)
2nd Work Experience: Information security manager with Tata consultancy services,
Here I perform information security audits, incident management , repond to information security related business requests for NGM markets ( Middle east, Asia Pacific & India ). ( Supporting as a manager for across 150+ projects and managing 10k + associates.

Extra Curricular: Actively involved in raising funds upto 15 Lakhs and supporting in relief care for 2019 kerala floods,kashmir floods &covid pandamic where we provided more than 7K + people with monthly ration.

Hobbies: I am fascinated by the stock markets and because of which I decided to do the mba.
Currently I am managing 1cr + capital in stock markets and I love to eat, sleep and breathe markets.

Post MBA goals:
Plan A : Get in to Strategy consulting for businesses.
Plan B : Come close to my goals of trading and investing like the greats ( Rakesh Jhunjhunwala or Warren Buffett).


Aiku12

I must admit that your rapid success in building your stock portfolio is truly impressive. But I feel compelled to tell you frankly how much work it will be to convince the PGP programs that your current experience at TCS fits seamlessly into corporate strategy consulting (post PGP) and ultimately connects with your passion for trading and investing. As it stands, your narrative seems scattered and disjointed.

In situations like this, applicants should definitely take a step back and reevaluate their career path. Ask yourself if your current job is just a facade (or a fall-back option), while your true passion lies elsewhere. It's critical to do some soul-searching and figure out how you can improve your skills and expertise in the area that sparks your true passion.

You need to refine your understanding of how strategy consulting (and what specific consulting focus given your background and experience in IT) can really help you achieve what you are trying to achieve in the long term.

Take the time to identify your real goals and figure out how you can excel in your true passion. Whether you continue your education, gain more experience, or pursue other avenues, deepening your skills in the area you love will ultimately lead to fulfillment and success. (IMO) Aligning your career path with your passion and strengths will pave the way for a truly rewarding journey.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Apr 2020
Posts: 43
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hi
I have recently wrote GMAT (720) and have a work experience of around 3 years. I’m very interested to get to know more about the ISBs MBA program and connect with a student or alum of ISB. Would it be possible to connect with any current student or alum if there is anyone in this group.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Jun 2023
Posts: 16
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Location: India
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Muskaan09 wrote:
Hi, Please help with a profile evaluation. 10th - 96% 12th (science) - 89% Btech CSE (VIT) - 8.22 Extra-curriculars - Part of an event management club, started as a member, climbed the ladder to President of the club by 3rd year. Lead the event and venue committee for a techno fest and a cultural fest. Part of rotary during school. Have internships in Computer Science as well as Marketing. A Semester abroad program in the US for 3 months. Cleared Stage 1 of ISB YLP, and preparing for the gmat. Will be giving the exam next month. Aiming for a 720+, but since I only have time for one attempt, what would be the lower end of the score that will ensure a call for the interview? My profile eval will be a faculty coordinator of my club under whom I worked for 3 years. Please let me know if I should change my evaluator or make any changes in my profile. Thank you!

Someone please review my profile. Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 18 Mar 2020
Posts: 78
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 382
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V29
WE:General Management (Tech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hello ....
Request experts to review my profile.

GMAT - 700

10th - 10/10 CGPA
12th - 95%
B.Tech Mechanical- 7.88/10

Work Ex - 4 years (Worked in Manufacturing, Startup, and now in an IT company)

Role - Business Excellence & CEO’s Office (responsible for process and program implementation across the organization, company-wide strategy implementation, and Best-in-industry practices)
- In addition to this, Handled a team of 3 directly reporting to me.

Extras- Received College’s most prestige Award, Headed Placement cell in college, Headed various clubs and societies, participated in National level technical competitions, NGO’s, etc.

Achv and Awards - Worked with Command control team of Gurgaon during COVID-19, Rising star of the company

International Experience - Leisure purpose only

Post MBA Goals - Consulting
SVP
SVP
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 1998
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
ThatIndianGuy wrote:
Hello .... Request experts to review my profile. GMAT - 700 10th - 10/10 CGPA 12th - 95% B.Tech Mechanical- 7.88/10 Work Ex - 4 years (Worked in Manufacturing, Startup, and now in an IT company) Role - Business Excellence & CEO’s Office (responsible for process and program implementation across the organization, company-wide strategy implementation, and Best-in-industry practices) - In addition to this, Handled a team of 3 directly reporting to me. Extras- Received College’s most prestige Award, Headed Placement cell in college, Headed various clubs and societies, participated in National level technical competitions, NGO’s, etc. Achv and Awards - Worked with Command control team of Gurgaon during COVID-19, Rising star of the company International Experience - Leisure purpose only Post MBA Goals - Consulting

Good profile, I’d still suggest improving the GMAT score
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Apr 2022
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 129
Location: India
Schools: ISB '25 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
hi Guys, will be writing GMAT tomorrow. have few questions, please help
1. i scored 710 in my prev attempt. what if i get a lower score in the retest and i cancelled that score? ISB or any college will still consider 710 right? ALos, it does make sense to cancel if i get less than 710 right?
2. my last attempt was online however this one will be ’test center’. No difference as such right?

and i cancel that score*
Director
Director
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Status:Your Beacon to ISB!
Posts: 689
Own Kudos [?]: 253 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
nikhil0602 wrote:
hi Guys, will be writing GMAT tomorrow. have few questions, please help
1. i scored 710 in my prev attempt. what if i get a lower score in the retest and i cancelled that score? ISB or any college will still consider 710 right?

In the ISB application, you need to mention your score. So, you would obviously be mentioning 710 (if you get a lower score in the re-attempt).

Quote:
2. my last attempt was online however this one will be ’test center’. No difference as such right?

I know few schools (such as IIM A/B/C do not take the online score as a legitimate score. Don't believe ISB as any such restriction.

All the best and let us know how much you score.
--
Ashish.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Apr 2022
Posts: 26
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 129
Location: India
Schools: ISB '25 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Thanks a lot Ashish.

last question. so i should cancel the score if i get less than 710 right? even though the school will consider the best score but what difference would it make?
MBA Expert
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 1227
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
No difference as such if it comes on your score report. You can cancel as you won’t use the lower score anyway
Manager
Manager
Joined: 27 Dec 2022
Posts: 106
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Location: India
GMAT 1: 550 Q47 V20
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Hi,
Tentative date for R2 and R3.
MBA Expert
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 1227
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
December first week and R3 around January. This is based on past few years. Although ISB might maintain they’ll decide if they want R3 or not based on R2 data, it always happens.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24  ...  373