Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 06:37 It is currently 21 May 2024, 06:37
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
 1   2   3  ...  56   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q162 V156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GRE 1: Q168 V155
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Jones(Rice) MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake [Class of 2025] [#permalink]
Did anyone get the invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Jones(Rice) MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake [Class of 2025] [#permalink]
sid9912 wrote:
Did anyone get the invite?

Have they started sending out invites?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Same applied in R1. No response yet.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got an invitation to complete a video assessment, anyone with idea about questions asked.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Jones (A)
GPA: 2.59
Send PM
Hey all..

Newbie here, trying to gain some perspective and insight about the whole process.

I have a 2.6 GPA (I know.. its low.. had hurricane Harvey, divorce, and life instability to deal with, ALONG WITH MY LAZINESS) and im planning on cramming hard for the GRE test.

Graduated in July 2018, I currently have about 5 years experience.

Would a good GRE score (320+), 3 solid recommendation letters, and optional essay be enough to be accepted into the PMBA?

I understand every application is different, just need some motivation to hit the books hard for my GRE.

TIA!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GRE 1: Q167 V152
Send PM
I uploaded a wrong version of my resume. Can I request them to update it? How?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Kevinnanret wrote:
Just got an invitation to complete a video assessment, anyone with idea about questions asked.

I received an invitation for the video assessment as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jtfreeman wrote:
Kevinnanret wrote:

Do you have idea on the questions asked
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Kevinnanret wrote:
jtfreeman wrote:
Kevinnanret wrote:

Do you have idea on the questions asked

I do not
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I also got an invite for video assessment. I think they sent it out to everyone on 21st Oct. I am trying to figure out what questions others got as part of the assessment.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone from India receive an invite? I yes, can you share your brief profile (work ex, gmat)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GRE 1: Q167 V152
Send PM
I remember the Director of admissions telling me that the candidate should not worry unless you get a rejection. They go through applications in batches and there is a possibility that you might receive invite later than others

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
GauravKolhekar wrote:
I uploaded a wrong version of my resume. Can I request them to update it? How?

You can request them if you can send your updated Resume over e-mail
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
parampreet1997 wrote:
Did anyone from India receive an invite? I yes, can you share your brief profile (work ex, gmat)?

I got an invite for the video assessment. I have around 3 years of work experience (2 years in Big 4 company and 1 year in a social impact consulting firm: total 4 years at the time of enrolment). I am a re-applicant. I had applied to Rice with one year work experience and was called for an interview and denied. My GRE score is on the lower end - 307.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
AbMo wrote:
Hey all..

Newbie here, trying to gain some perspective and insight about the whole process.

I have a 2.6 GPA (I know.. its low.. had hurricane Harvey, divorce, and life instability to deal with, ALONG WITH MY LAZINESS) and im planning on cramming hard for the GRE test.

Would a good GRE score (320+), 3 solid recommendation letters, and optional essay be enough to be accepted into the PMBA?

I understand every application is different, just need some motivation to hit the books hard for my GRE.

TIA!

Hi, so sorry to hear about the tough time you had. Rice definitely does see the entire profile of an individual holistically. If your quality of work experience (leadership roles / managerial role) and GRE is good, your chances of getting an invite increases. GRE is a better measure of your academic capabilities as it puts all individuals on the same scale. For a certain course, it might be easy to get 4/4 GPA and in some courses a 3/4 GPA might have been the highest. The difficulty level also varies university to university, so a GRE is a more accurate measure according to universities. Looks like you are on the right path - a good GRE , recommendations and optional essay.

Be confident. Let us not self-reject. Leave the decision to the university. Applying is the first step. Wishing you the best of luck! :D
Manager
Manager
Schools: Jones (A)
GPA: 2.59
Send PM
letstry wrote:
AbMo wrote:
Hey all..

TIA!

Hi, so sorry to hear about the tough time you had. Rice definitely does see the entire profile of an individual holistically. If your quality of work experience (leadership roles / managerial role) and GRE is good, your chances of getting an invite increases. GRE is a better measure of your academic capabilities as it puts all individuals on the same scale. For a certain course, it might be easy to get 4/4 GPA and in some courses a 3/4 GPA might have been the highest. The difficulty level also varies university to university, so a GRE is a more accurate measure according to universities. Looks like you are on the right path - a good GRE , recommendations and optional essay.

Be confident. Let us not self-reject. Leave the decision to the university. Applying is the first step. Wishing you the best of luck! :D

Thank you so much for the response. Yeah it sucks learning in the workforce how important an MBA is from a good school too can change your whole life.

I dont think i have ever studied for an exam, so hitting the GRE hard to not only prove that I have what it takes, but to prove to myself that I have grown from my past!

Good luck to you and everyone reading this as well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an invite for the community assessment.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3  ...  56