[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "209_school_count"
Calling all NUS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : NUS - Page 21
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 00:07 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 00:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q160 V167
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GRE 1: Q161 V157

GRE 2: Q158 V162
GPA: 3.96
WE:Engineering (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
SssAaa wrote:
Hi all . Please help I want to apply for next year 2025 . Let me know if I have chances to get into GRE -329 CGPA -5.7/10 Exp -7.2 yrs Indian Rejected from Oxford, NTU and ISB for 2024.

in all honesty - your CGPA could be a red flag so if you haven’t explained to the adcoms why the low GPA (not very sure where I read it, P&Q or clearadmit but generally CGPA of <6 is considered low and >8 is high), then utilise the optional essay, and since you’re done with the test( your test score is quite impressive BTW), so start taking supplemental courses like HBS CORe. No the high test score won’t cut it for indians with low GPA, P&Q has made that quite clear, since no one knows how long you may have prepared for the GRE, but your college degree is timebound. also adcoms, at least for indians don’t look favourably to high scores unless it is too high (770+ on old GMAT, 334+ on GRE, ) sicne most indians (unfortunately) tend to get higher scores than the world avg. So focus on the weak area and search the web for solutions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MananShah070296 wrote:
Hey everyone I have an admit from NUS with a scholarship r1 If anyone is looking for tips or interview prep do let me know Happy to help

Hi Manan, when did you get to know of the scholarship? I have got an admissions mail but it does not mention anything on the scholarship
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 237
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
I had my interview on 27th Feb and 2 weeks have passed. Any thoughts about when I might hear back?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
someone I knew who interviewed in first week of Feb got the offer yesterday. Her portal had started showing offer sent a week before she got the email from admissions committee. So keep fingers crossed and wait for them to reply
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: ESADE'26 (WL)
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V85 DI80
Send PM
Hey guys, applying to the last round of NUS. Why is 'Foster' mentioned in this thread often? Isn't this thread meant for NUS or am I missing something here?

Also, has any Indian male here received admit with a scholarship? I am not eligible for any but want to see how liberal NUS is in giving financial aid.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos

AgoshB wrote:
Hey guys, applying to the last round of NUS. Why is 'Foster' mentioned in this thread often? Isn't this thread meant for NUS or am I missing something here?

Also, has any Indian male here received admit with a scholarship? I am not eligible for any but want to see how liberal NUS is in giving financial aid.

­Good luck! There is an AMA session coming up with NUS head of admissions on the 26th of March to talk about the chances of getting an admit in the last round and what the application focus should be to stand out as a last round applicant. You should definitely attend it, the registration link is on the events page of the NUS MBA website.

I know one (Indian, Male, R1) who received a merit-based scholarship but didn't take the admit, he is on this thread (MananShah070296). You can dm him for more info. Rest of us are waiting on the scholarship announcements by mid-May because it is not necessary that you are awarded at the time of admission. For Round 3 I know it is different, you cannot apply for scholarships but I wonder if you are still eligible for merit-based awards. Perhaps a question you can ask during the AMA.

About the Foster thing, don't get me started. I've been trying to get folks to use the appropriate forum to discuss Foster but for some reason they keep coming back here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: ESADE'26 (WL)
GMAT Focus 1:
695 Q88 V85 DI80
Send PM
ad1192 Thanks man, your response is incredibly helpful!

Today I connected with Robin from NUS for a 1 on 1 and he is optimistic about my profile so even though I have registered for the event you mentioned, I will start my application already.

It seems I am not eligible for any kind of scholarship. Securing an admit though is the first step for me right now, then let's see what I have to choose from. Congratulations on your admit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi, any clue when the R2 decisions might be out?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
The official date is 29th March. But we can expect the results anyday in the coming two weeks.

I believe Someone from last year’s admission cycle could throw some light.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q165 V158
GPA: 2.9
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
As per last year’s trend, it will be one week before the official date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Also, any idea what’s the application to interview % and interview to admit % ? Does everyone get interviews? Because in some schools, 80% of applicants get interviewed.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
I cannot comment on the percentage but as the adcoms themselves take the all the interviews so I believe the interview invites are limited only.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q42 V50
Send PM
Kudos
Before considering NUS MBA.

1. Job market is very bad in Singapore. As an NUS Student, you will be competing with over 500 MBA from 4 universities

2. Tech has a hiring freeze in singapore. Banking sector wont take more indians.

3. EP policy is getting harder and harder for foreigners to find a job in SG

4. NUS is one of the costliest MBAs in Asia and living expenses in SG hits almost 1000 SGD per month. Campus accommodation is expensive 450 SGD per week. Overall its almost 2700$ per month (1.75 lakhs inr)

5. The modules are crap, except a few electives.. More focus is on networking and socializing, but even that’s not effective nowadays.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
AgoshB wrote:
Hey guys, applying to the last round of NUS. Why is ’Foster’ mentioned in this thread often? Isn’t this thread meant for NUS or am I missing something here? Also, has any Indian male here received admit with a scholarship? I am not eligible for any but want to see how liberal NUS is in giving financial aid.

Hey, AgoshB,

The NUS MBA program offers scholarships to international students across various categories, including the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for ADB borrowing member countries, the NUS APEC Scholarship for APEC members, and regional scholarships targeting diverse backgrounds. These awards range from partial to full tuition coverage and sometimes include additional allowances. According to the latest available data, NUS awarded scholarships to over 5,000 students in its last cycle. However, the percentage of Indian male students who received scholarships is not publicly available.

I hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting
Contact us: +91-8448224865
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MiMEssay wrote:
Hey, AgoshB, The NUS MBA program offers scholarships to international students across various categories, including the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program for ADB borrowing member countries, the NUS APEC Scholarship for APEC members, and regional scholarships targeting diverse backgrounds. These awards range from partial to full tuition coverage and sometimes include additional allowances. According to the latest available data, NUS awarded scholarships to over 5,000 students in its last cycle. However, the percentage of Indian male students who received scholarships is not publicly available. I hope this helps! :) Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Contact us: +91-8448224865

5000 students? class size is 120 right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q42 V50
Send PM
Maybe NUS as a whole. NUS MBA gives a lot of scholarships

but the amount varies
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I understand few of the students have already received scholarships and they say final will be released by mid may. What are the chances of getting a scholarship now?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  27