Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entertainment & Media
Schools:USC (in!!!), NYU (Waitlist)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:USC R2 (In), UCLA R2 (In), Columbia RD (Ding w/o interview), Haas R2 (Ding w/o interview)
Send PM
Re: Calling All UCLA 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Just out of curiosity, did most people submit the "optional video" essay? And do you know if that affects your chances?
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
marketingchick wrote:
Just out of curiosity, did most people submit the "optional video" essay? And do you know if that affects your chances?

I didn't, and I got accepted with a scholarship offer. So it's not necessary, though a good video/audio/essay submission couldn't hurt.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emont wrote:
marketingchick wrote:

I didn't, and I got accepted with a scholarship offer. So it's not necessary, though a good video/audio/essay submission couldn't hurt.

Hey emont,
Do they tell you about whether or not you get a scholarship on the same day they tell you you're accepted?
Director
Director
Send PM
thelamb0508 wrote:
Hey emont,
Do they tell you about whether or not you get a scholarship on the same day they tell you you're accepted?

Yep, the AdCom member mentioned it over the phone and the followup email had more details about the fellowship. If I remember right the phone calls for admits started going out a day prior to the actual notification date.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emont wrote:
thelamb0508 wrote:
Hey emont,

Yep, the AdCom member mentioned it over the phone and the followup email had more details about the fellowship. If I remember right the phone calls for admits started going out a day prior to the actual notification date.

Great, thanks for the heads up. Best of luck to you. Looks like you're already set. No too bad if you "settle" for UCLA or Berkley.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello folks,

Take this for what it is, but I know how waiting sucks, for those of you in R2 that are still waiting. I just checked the invite site, and there are no more open slots, and they go up to 3/17. Again, anything can happen, but I just wanted to give as much info as possible for those you are still on pins and needles.

Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stanford (Ding), Columbia (Ding), HBS (Ding), MIT (Ding), Booth (W/L), Kellogg (W/L), UCLA (in w/$$), NYU (Int.)
 Q44  V46
GPA: 3.63
WE 1: 5 years private equity
Send PM
Will repost later

Originally posted by rck2013 on 01 Mar 2011, 18:41.
Last edited by rck2013 on 01 Mar 2011, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:USC, UCLA
 Q49  V42
Send PM
No change here either :cry:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thelamb0508 wrote:
Hello folks,

Take this for what it is, but I know how waiting sucks, for those of you in R2 that are still waiting. I just checked the invite site, and there are no more open slots, and they go up to 3/17. Again, anything can happen, but I just wanted to give as much info as possible for those you are still on pins and needles.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks thelamb0508. My status is still "Your application is ready for committee review". Seems like the end of the game but I refuse to give up.... waiting!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Send PM
@LAMBA: Notices were actually very early, most were notified before the holidays around the 2nd week of December. Note, official notification date was slated for Feb 2. But... they told us at the super saturday they were trying to get to everyone b4 the holidays. Round 2 likely has more applicants so I'm not sure if it'll be early like round 1 was.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ergotropic wrote:
thelamb0508 wrote:
Hello folks,

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks thelamb0508. My status is still "Your application is ready for committee review". Seems like the end of the game but I refuse to give up.... waiting!

No point in giving up. Your status has not changed. No news is good news in that case. Stay positive! Not sure if any R1 candidates got dinged without a status change.
Intern
Intern
Schools:USC R2 (In), UCLA R2 (In), Columbia RD (Ding w/o interview), Haas R2 (Ding w/o interview)
Send PM
My status literally just changed 30 minutes ago. Guess I should wait and see if I'll get an invite today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received my interview invite, but could not schedule an interview due to the lack on interview slots. I talked to Connie and she is going to add some interview slots today. So, all those who are waiting, hang in there, there is still hope!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does no status change until the deadline mean a rejection? Did anyone from 1st round experience this? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAdiator wrote:
I received my interview invite, but could not schedule an interview due to the lack on interview slots. I talked to Connie and she is going to add some interview slots today. So, all those who are waiting, hang in there, there is still hope!!!!

Just received my interview invite as well! Like you mentioned, there are no more on campus interview slots left. Does anyone know if there is a difference interviewing on campus vs. off campus? Does it affect your chances? I've read in the forum that on campus interviews are often conducted by 2nd year students. What about off campus interviews? I'm assuming alumni?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi guys,

my interview invitation just arrived.

The status got changed sometime today:
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 1/5/2011 12:37:00 PM EST
Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round.

680gmat/25yrs/5yrs entrepreneurship/eastern europe/gpa 8.46 out of 10/a long term extracurric.
Director
Director
Send PM
marketingchick wrote:
MBAdiator wrote:

Just received my interview invite as well! Like you mentioned, there are no more on campus interview slots left. Does anyone know if there is a difference interviewing on campus vs. off campus? Does it affect your chances? I've read in the forum that on campus interviews are often conducted by 2nd year students. What about off campus interviews? I'm assuming alumni?

They're weighted the same, and I didn't get penalized for choosing off campus even though I only live two hours from UCLA. Go with what's more convenient for you--if it's off campus, you'll be matched up with an alumni near your location.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  68