Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 21:05 It is currently 10 May 2024, 21:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
I feel everyone's anxiety, but think it this way - the past is a good indicator of the future, not THE indicator. Analyzing past data is mostly about trying to feel optimistic and calm. At least for me, I rather underpromise and overdeliver to myself. That's mentally better in long run.

I probably read the Round One information e-mail from W 20 times by now.

I realized that getting an e-mail itself won't be a good news this Friday, as they send out the bad ones on the same date. Only thing that I wish is that they don't send out the e-mails as late as they did last week. That was a wild mood swing. I temporarily felt the need for Yes on Prop 19.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Kudos
calihopeful wrote:
question for those who got invites last week:

I am a re-applicant; had interviewed last year with alum. Send emails to one, wait two days and send email to two OTHERS. If you don't get any responses, and you have a few other alums in your list, send emails to the rest. You may get multiple responses (I did), but you can pick between the choices and politely decline saying one of the alums you emailed a few days ago has finally responded and you've arranged to meet with her/him. It's okay -- everyone understands how this works.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
ThomasD wrote:
Quote:
Guest_07a7:
I also applied in Round 1 and I was wondering what percentage of students who will be interviewed were notified last Friday and what percentage will be notified this coming Friday
cosp:
Please feel free to begin asking your questions now. We hopefully will have a few more students later
Michael Abbene left this room.
Michael Abbene joined the room.
Michael Abbene:
I have the same question as Guest 07a7
gakovic to AssocDirAdmissions:
Hi Meghan, can you tell me more about the Social Impact visit day. Is it a good opportunity to learn more about Wharton?
AssocDirAdmissions:
I'm not sure the exact percentage, but it was under 50% definately, as the majority of files weregiven a final read in the last few days

From the currently ongoing admissions chat. I call that good news.

Good? I call that GREAT news. Thanks!!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
goldgoldandgold wrote:
So is the percentage of invites been 30% in past years?

If I remember correctly, Wharton used to invite 50% of applicants for interviews with 30% getting acceptances (thus, ~15% acceptance rate). Since JJ took over (last year), Wharton invited 30% of applicants for interviews and accepted 50% (~15% acceptance rate). I personally like the current % interview/acceptance better.

Last year was a bit weird, however; I was told by a current 2nd year who knows JJ pretty well that over 100+ seats last year were reserved for admitted-deferred students from the year before (2009) because Wharton had a higher-than-expected matriculation two years ago. Hopefully, we're not dealing with fewer slots this year.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
Kudos
PEanalyst wrote:
So has it been confirmed that it will be definitely be 5 PM tomorrow? If so, is it exactly at 5 PM or sometime before 5 PM?

Um, Things That Can't Be Confirmed?! Things No One Here Knows?! Things That Will Lead to Wild Speculation?!

Did I get it right?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
 Q50  V47
GPA: 3.4 princeton
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Send PM
Kudos
CyberC1 wrote:
Jmw125 wrote:
PEanalyst wrote:
So has it been confirmed that it will be definitely be 5 PM tomorrow? If so, is it exactly at 5 PM or sometime before 5 PM?

Um, Things That Can't Be Confirmed?! Things No One Here Knows?! Things That Will Lead to Wild Speculation?!

Did I get it right?

*DING DING DING* we have a winner.

Thanks! but don't say ding :wink:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Kudos
vikiehh, according to one of the previous poster, who quoted from the online blog he/she had with admissions, less than 50% of the spots were filled. Now exactly how many spots that translate into is up to anyone to guess. But just know that there are roughly over 50% opened spots left. It's too hard to pinpoint down a number though. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
grtembey wrote:
CPANoMore wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
Last year an interview invite e-mail had the subject line "Wharton Invitation to Interview", the waitlist / ding started with "Application Status Update". Now you know what to look for.

The interview invitation email that went out last Friday had the same subject line.

Which one??

The interview invitation email that went out last Friday had a subject line that read, "Wharton Invitation to Interview."
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 643 [1]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all the interview invites..excited and looking forward to welcoming many of you.

shoot me a pm if you are on campus for interview..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 370 [1]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Kudos
I received an invite :). Also got invites in Chicago and LBS. Ding in HBS.

For international candidates, anyone has a clue about interviewing with Alumni or with AdCom? (they are coming to my city)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Concentration: Finance, International Studies (South East Asia)
Schools:Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
GPA: 5 out of 5
Send PM
Kudos
adalfu wrote:
invited!

YES!!!

now for booth! pleeeease!!
But b...h not as cool a school, no?

Your prayer is like wishing for something worse to happen; almost like saying "God, thank you for the wonderful luck I've felt today! Now please, if you be so kind, help me get a little less lucky next time!"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Finance
WE 1: PE
Send PM
Kudos
Ding! 730 gmat, 5 years in ib and pe, 3.5 GPA, Indian.
Reapplicant here. Got essays reviewed by 2 current wharton students and was told that essays are much better than the one submitted last year.
I am not sure if these schools really mean when they say that they are re-applicant friendly...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
aak1985 wrote:
hey guys - for those that have interviews with adcom, do you know if we are required to send our resume in advance? I know adcom already have our resumes technically, but some schools request students to send their resumes by e-mail as well.

also, another small question - within the application, when i click on the details for my interview there is a RSVP date (which i am guessing is the same for everyone)... do i need to confirm anywhere that i will be going for the interview i signed up for?

wanted to make sure i'm not missing anything... thanks in advance for your help..

i called the admissions office yesterday about the RSVP... you do NOT need to RSVP.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
kegewe wrote:
So does the fact that I received an interview invite mean that my application was reviewed and it passed muster and now the only thing left is the interview i.e. my acceptance is now solely based on the interview?

In other words, are they only sending interview invites to those that have had the rest of their application reviewed and accepted?

Nope. Think of the interview as the final piece of the Full Package. You have to have the final piece to be considered (i.e. those that didn't get an interview are now dings -- obviously), but it doesn't mean that they'll accept you based solely on the interview: they'll review the full package again and will go from there.
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Sandy should be writing tv drama scripts instead of admissions consulting.. he's so overly melodramatic.
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Kudos
hbsguru wrote:
Jmw125 wrote:
staind wrote:
Sandy, should be writing tv drama scripts instead of admissions consulting.. he's so overly melodramatic.

Stole the words out of my mouth...if I were in a grammar policing mood....

haha write back after your interview and let me know who is being helpful and who is being overdramatic. Dont bother correcting my grammar, just get ready for one of the most odd, robotic, and sort of unpleasant interviews of your life.this has nothing to do w. Wharton per se, but the consultant who sold the adcom this idiotic set up and software spent the whole summer laffing his head off. But maybe I am wrong, maybe you think having a good chunk of your admission to Wharton turn on being asked to make up --on the spot -a time when you dealt w. a team free-rider and then being drilled down on that is a good way to select candidates. Like all great institutions, Wharton will survive this stupidity, but the clowns who dreamt this up deserve some corner time. Or that knowing all of the 8 questions in advance they actually ALLOW alums to ask (they can ask one of two in four different catagories --would not be a 100 pct advantage to late interviewers? And throw off the whole process?

I'm not saying what you say isn't helpful.. helpful and melodramatic are not mutually exclusive.. however I do feel the dramatic tone and style of your writing has a stress inducing effect.. at least it does on me.. that doesn't taken anything away from the helpfulness of the content itself.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
I know from an independent source that what you hear about the behavioral interviews is true. Also, do you remember Xerox' post in this thread about the big surprise with Wharton interviews? Stop doubting and start preparing.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts