Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Human Resources
GRE 1: Q168 V158
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: chances at harvard business school 2+2 program? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nandkishore wrote:
mahatma gandhi institute of technology,the university toppers aggregate is 82,its ranked 34th in my country.so do i have a chance?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes. you have a chance at Harvard once you also have work experience. Are you planning to apply to 2+2?

Also, while I do think you have a chance at Harvard, I also think it's a mistake to count on Harvard or apply exclusively to Harvard, especially since you haven't even finished college yet.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes, it is for the 2+2 program i wish to apply for and also for the 2+2 program there in ISB too!so do you feel my extra curriculars are good enough?to compensate my UG percentage?
and since I'm the Chairman for the registered college run NGO,warm hearts organisation,ill be signing the required documents and getting an official appointment letter.but the tenure overlaps my other tenure at STREET CAUSE another NGO for which i am the general secretary and CEO,so will they count as separate work experience? tenure in SC- MAY 2012- MAY 2013,tenure in warm hearts- JULY 2012-INDEFINITE.
both are registered NGO's under the government of India.so they'll count as work experience for me.
so do i calculate the work experience together or separate?as in 1 year at SC + 1 and half yr in warm hearts??
my extra curriculars streak will not end here,more to achieve,but my UG score of 70 percent haunts me..
Send PM
Expert Reply
nandkishore wrote:
yes, it is for the 2+2 program i wish to apply for and also for the 2+2 program there in ISB too!so do you feel my extra curriculars are good enough?to compensate my UG percentage?
and since I'm the Chairman for the registered college run NGO,warm hearts organisation,ill be signing the required documents and getting an official appointment letter.but the tenure overlaps my other tenure at STREET CAUSE another NGO for which i am the general secretary and CEO,so will they count as separate work experience? tenure in SC- MAY 2012- MAY 2013,tenure in warm hearts- JULY 2012-INDEFINITE.
both are registered NGO's under the government of India.so they'll count as work experience for me.
so do i calculate the work experience together or separate?as in 1 year at SC + 1 and half yr in warm hearts??
my extra curriculars streak will not end here,more to achieve,but my UG score of 70 percent haunts me..

You're still in school so do the best you can on your current classes. Your grades are not bad; they're just not as good as the rest of your profile. Do your best, but don't set your heart on HBS 2+2. ISB's program is I'm sure also excellent.

Your work for warm hearts and street cause are two separate activities if they are two separate entities and you have distinct responsibilities at each place. The fact that you are doing them simultaneously should be obvious from the dates. I wouldn't worry too much about "how much" work experience you have for these programs; they are pre-experience programs. Just state the facts.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thank you for taking time and answering my queries!
I somehow cant let go of the harvard dream

Send PM
Expert Reply
nandkishore wrote:
thank you for taking time and answering my queries!
I somehow cant let go of the harvard dream

You're welcome. Again, I think it's reasonable for you to try for Harvard, just not to set your heart on it.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
nandkishore wrote:
im male,indian,

ug score -70 percent

extra curriculars-1) vice president of 'STREET CAUSE' college division(street cause is an NGO started 1 year prior to my joining the organisation)
2) current general secretary and CEO of STREET CAUSE(the entire organisation)
annual turnover of 10,00,000 rupees, conducted fund raisers and made 1,50,000 rupees and several more fund raisers and raised money in hundreds of thousands.
3) the chief selection officer of the HYA(hyderabad youth assembly)- an organised conclave similar to the MUN,but actually addresses the problems by forming ten teams with ten goals respectively and raising funds by themselves. was presided by the deputy speaker of the parliment ,received 3000 applications last year which was the inception year of the HYA,expecting around 5000 this year.raised funds of around INR 1,50,000 lakhs from applications alone.
4) the student chairman of the college run ngo 'Warm hearts organisation'- annual turnover of 2,50,000 INR ,102 members
5) the student representative of the 'NSS'(National service scheme) heading 113 students of the college,the NSS is present all over my country from school level(pre primary to high school) and also university level,receiving funding directly from the government
6)former all india national 3rd in karate goju ryu karate-do,brown belt-1
7)president of the college literary club,founded the club
8) vice president of the society of automative engineers,college division
9) MUN(Model united nations) delegate for somalia.
work experience- 1 year as CEO and gen secretary of STREET CAUSE,the organisation has become a case study in several B- Schools all over my country.
(I'm a 3rd year engineering student,havent finished my graduation yet,1 year to go),ive signed the necessary documents for the 1 year to be considered as work
experience.

ive attended workshops also, and have recieved goldmedal in water polo and silver medal in throwball and cricket at school level.
gmat score-760
comment-my ug score overshadows my profile.can i get through to harvard?

internships- vizag steel plant,defense research and development organisation(DRDO), and possibly a 2 month internship at either Cambridge or Harvard this year,

letters of recommendation- expected to receive the two letters of recommendation from my cousin who will be a professor at cambridge and another professor from harvard or cambridge

It's as clear as crystal that you are one of those andhra cons :twisted: who do anything to go to america :lol:
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Dude who are you? Sometimes you say you studied at IIT KGP at other times you are saying Mahatma Gandhi Institute. Your GMAT score is also changing from 760 to 770
GMAT Club Bot