Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:35 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
batchgmat wrote:
Thanks Paul!

Had a few followup questions:

1) Is it a good sign if some of the top schools send you information unsolicited? (I didn't request anything nor report my GMAT scores)

2) As a first generation Indian american, do I get lumped in a different group from non-US born Indians? Or do we all get lumped in the same group?

batchgmat,

As a general rule, receiving unsolicited mailings from B-schools is a good sign, but I'm not sure what criteria indivdual schools use in deciding whom to send marketing info to. If it's based on GMAT, then that's a sign that they regard your 740 as making you competitive.

B-schools deny that they do any "lumping" at all, of course. The question is whether informally and even unconsciously adcoms will sort you into the huge Indian Male IT category. The answer is: don't let them--emphasize not only that you were born here but how that fact has shaped you and given you a unique perspective. That is, proactively shape the adcoms' perception of your application.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]