It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 23:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

feeling lost

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

feeling lost [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 07:54
Hi

I did my BBA from a top school in Canada. However 3 years later, my career has not really taken off.
I've done really short term contract administrative work here and there with lots of gaps in between. Most time in these gaps was filled giving interviews that on average took 1 month per company. I just figured if one didn't work out, the other one would. I'd make it to final interviews but then eventually get rejected so I just wasted a lot of time giving interviews.

Then I just turned to contracting agencies and was finally able to find some temp work.

I really really want to apply to masters now as this my only option but my resume is such a mess.
I dont know how to sell my self.

I need professional help in preparing my application

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Queens MBA Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Re: feeling lost [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 10:07
This post received
KUDOS
If I were you, I'd pump my network and try to find a professional mentor who might be able to open some doors for you. Get your foot in the door somewhere and show some career progress before you apply to do an MBA. Another option is to incorporate yourself and start your own company, so when you do temp work and small contract jobs, they will be your clients, and your job continuity will be in tact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 00:15
jonmarrow wrote:
Hi

I did my BBA from a top school in Canada. However 3 years later, my career has not really taken off.
I've done really short term contract administrative work here and there with lots of gaps in between. Most time in these gaps was filled giving interviews that on average took 1 month per company. I just figured if one didn't work out, the other one would. I'd make it to final interviews but then eventually get rejected so I just wasted a lot of time giving interviews.

Then I just turned to contracting agencies and was finally able to find some temp work.

I really really want to apply to masters now as this my only option but my resume is such a mess.

Without knowing exactly what MBA programs and business schools you are interested in I kind of have to agree with MBABoss as the top business schools will require you to have a rather good career progression/work experience in order to consider you for admission. So it does not seem like applying right now would be the best idea if you are aiming for any of the top schools. You would want at least 2 years of full time work experience before applying, ideally.

Any chance of that temp work turning into something more ongoing?

JL

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 325 [0], given: 2

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 03:05
jonmarrow wrote:
Hi

I totally agree with MBABoss. You need to dig deep inside yourself to find why you fail in interviews Why recruiter rejects? It seems that you do not handle the interviews in proper way and most properly you carry this problem with you during MBA interviews. More importantly, you need to know if your capabilities match the jobs on which you apply. You need to build a career record before going to any MBA program for yourself.

Good luck

Kudos [?]: 286 [0], given: 163

Re: feeling lost   [#permalink] 31 Aug 2017, 03:05

feeling lost

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap