Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [157]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 457
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q32 V49
GPA: 4
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V2.0- Update! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi. There are no overlaps in %. If you are wondering how these match up, here is the table translating % difficulty to the new levels:

400 = 5%
    500 = 15%
    600 = 25% and 35%
    650 = 45%
    700 = 55% and 65%
    750 = 75% and 85%
    800 = 95%

Hope it helps.
BB.

gauravsirohi93 wrote:
bb wrote:
Hi everyone.

We have added more difficulty levels to the Forum Quiz!

Now you can have 7 difficulty levels to calibrate your practice more precisely.
Try the Forum Quiz

Screenshot:

Hi bb,

I would like to understand how the new difficulty menu functions. In the previous menu, the range of 500-600 included questions at 5%, 10%, and 15% difficulty levels, while the range of 600-700 had questions at 25%, 35%, and 45% difficulty levels. Additionally, the range of 700-800 had questions at 55%, 65%, 75%, 85%, and 95% difficulty levels. I have noticed some overlap in the new menu. Could you please explain how the categorization works? I typically practice based on the difficulty level, so your clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
simplydivs26 wrote:
Hi Gmat Club Team,
I have subscribed the GMAT club Forum and it was working till today afternoon but since then It's no more working . Can anybody quickly help me out. I have sent mails as well but still no response.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi. The system shows that the payment has failed so the subscription was canceled. You’ll have to sign up again. Let me know if you have any issues signing up again

Thx.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 107
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:
I tried switching to the old system unfortunately the same error is coming. Though i tried removing the difficulty parameter and the quiz did start but instead of 2 passage there was only 1. And upon ending the test and tried starting new one, but the same error message popped up again.

Looking at the screenshot I see that You marked that you want to questions that are mistakes only that are bookmarked,etc? It looks like you did not want to take fresh questions, is that correct?

I think I understand what i am doing wrong. I my contradicting the filter options itself i guess. Sorry my bad.
P.S.:- I tried different combinations what i gather is that the questions that one attempts through Forum Quiz 2.0 a different database is created in the sense that when i was choosing the filter options Correct only + Mistakes only + > 2mins the passages i was getting were i had already attempted through Forum Quiz. And since i had not bookmarked any of the passages i had attempted, whenever i was selecting the Bookmark filter the error message was popping up. My understanding was that when i selected this filter Correct only + Mistakes only + > 2mins i will be getting passages/questions from the pool of questions that i have already attempted on gmatclub not just the Forum Quiz Dashboard.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Updates released to Forum Quiz & Upcoming Updates:
Thank you SlowTortoise for your suggestions!

1. Questions in quizzes are now randomized. If you choose multiple types, categories, difficulties, or sources, questions are now served in a random order, simulating the GMAT environment. This has been released.
2. We have added subscription cancelation emails

Upcoming features to be released this week:
1. Increasing font size from 14 to 16 yo match the official experience font size (in testing).
2. Hiding navigation (in testing)

As always, you can try a quiz here.
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619257 [1]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
deepak.brijendra wrote:
Heyy, I am unable to get questions of Sentence correction in the Quiz, So If I select 5 question in each segement (PS, DS, CR, SC), I get all section except SC.

I could not reproduce this issue - SC questions are served as usual, along with others. Are you using any filters, which might exclude SC because you've exhausted SC with these filters?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and facing a problem. During setting up a Forum Quiz I do not see the option to choose the source. I have tried two Browsers. There is no option to scroll or anything. Can someone please help.

Thanks
Anmol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 369
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V35
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
I think I found a bug in Forum Quiz w.r.t the RC difficulty selector:
- The difficulty levels, once selected, for RC questions get unchecked on their own after
-> attempting the quiz OR
-> refreshing the page OR
-> attempting the quiz AND refreshing the page

Is anyone else facing the same?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
bb Bunuel

Forum Quiz Improvement Suggestion:

Introduce the "Show Answer" (OA) accordion below each question while the user is in a quiz session. This will be useful for people who are using the streaks method. Currently, for each question, I have to click on the "View Topic" link to check whether my answer was correct. If we get one of the questions wrong before completing the streak, we need to take a fresh quiz.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you for the suggestion. We had to hide it to create more test like environment but I guess we can bring them back 😇

SlowTortoise wrote:
bb Bunuel

Introduce the "Show Answer" (OA) accordion below each question while the user is in a quiz session. This will be useful for people who are using the streaks method. Currently, for each question, I have to click on the "View Topic" link to check whether my answer was correct. If we get one of the questions wrong before completing the streak, we need to take a fresh quiz.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. We had to hide it to create more test like environment but I guess we can bring them back 😇

SlowTortoise wrote:
bb Bunuel

Great. We could also give an option to the users to select between models such as Quiz Mode and Practice Mode (Just as Wiley Online does)
Practice Mode mode will enable users to view answers after each question (and maybe many other features in the future) and Quiz Mode will be more GMAT-like.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
The day has come!!! 😱😱😱
When we take inspiration from the Wiley practice bank 😂

PS. It’s a good idea to have a practice mode. We have it in the GMAT club tests. We can definitely look into adding it to the quiz if it makes sense for people. We haven’t had it brought up… Maybe people didn’t care enough 🤷‍♂️

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 381 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
nikhilongc wrote:
Thanks, BB.

For all the good that you have done for the community. We are surely gonna support this.

Just a query though, are there any plans to increase the number of questions on SC and CR?

Currently I can see 10,000 questions on SC and 10,000 questions on CR. That seems like a number that should last someone at least a week or maybe even 2? 😎

Hi bb, Bunuel

Could you please let me know when will GMAT forum quiz will have data insights as well other question related to GMAT focus edition. I am planning to buy this quiz and I will be taking GMAT in the month of March so want to know about this
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [1]
Given Kudos: 197
Send PM
Kudos
Bunuel wrote:

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive report! We will look into it.

No worries.
I just realized that the timer does automatically start on Quant Questions, so I guess this is just a RC specific issue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Hi folks, just a quick note, we will be bumping up the price for forum Quiz by $5 for new subscribers later on today.

This has NO IMPACT on the existing subscribers. All existing subscribers will continue to use and be billed based on the old price.
Thank you.

Hey bb

I just subscribed to the forum quiz but i am unable to see the source link in the quiz. How do i select the official questions in the forum quiz?
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619257 [1]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sanjeetgujrall wrote:
Are the GMATclub tests and forum quiz using the same bank of questions? Whats the difference?

­GMAT Club tests consist of questions created by GMAT Club, and those are not included in the Quiz. The Quiz, on the other hand, comprises questions from various sources.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Brian123 wrote:
Hey bb, Great feature!

One suggestion would be to add the option of excluding a particular source such as "GMAT prep". As several GMAT prep questions also include the tags of OG, they might show up in these quizzes. I try to avoid those questions in practice and I'm sure as do a lot of other people.

Thank you for the suggestion! That's a great point/idea!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
AG95 wrote:
Hey this is really good feature.

Couple of suggestions:
1. Can we have flexibility in choosing the numbers of questions which we want to have. Now, by default it is throwing 50 questions
2. During the quiz, once an answer has been selected we can't change the answer. however, having the flexibility to toggle between answer choices would be great.

Thanks Again :)

Thank you for the suggestion.
The idea is that if you want fewer questions, you will just terminate the quiz basically. You don't have to take all 50. However, I totally get your point and we will add this feature.

About the changing of the answer, you mean going back to previous questions and changing your answers or just while you are on that question and after you clicked ABCDE but before you clicked Next?
(technically your clock stops after you click ABCDE so that's the fair way but I interested in hearing more :cool:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 306
Send PM
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:
Hey this is really good feature.

Couple of suggestions:
1. Can we have flexibility in choosing the numbers of questions which we want to have. Now, by default it is throwing 50 questions
2. During the quiz, once an answer has been selected we can't change the answer. however, having the flexibility to toggle between answer choices would be great.

Thanks Again :)

Thank you for the suggestion.
The idea is that if you want fewer questions, you will just terminate the quiz basically. You don't have to take all 50. However, I totally get your point and we will add this feature.

About the changing of the answer, you mean going back to previous questions and changing your answers or just while you are on that question and after you clicked ABCDE but before you clicked Next?
(technically your clock stops after you click ABCDE so that's the fair way but I interested in hearing more :cool:)

No while doing the quiz, once you click on a particular answer that answer gets locked. However, in actual exam as well, you can change the answers of the question. I am not asking to go back but while you are on the question you should have the flexibility of toggling among answer choices (A/B/C/D/E).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21