Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:51 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: GMAT 610, MIT Sloan Full time MBA [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Atos wrote:
Hi everyone,
Recently I got a GMAT exam and took a score of 610 (Q48/V25).
So I am going to agree with the choir here that yes- you have a great story to tell! Love the work experience and the GPA and even the Quant score is fine. But that verbal is just too low- and you would be better served to study for that GMAT a little more and then really tell your great story with great stats to back it up. I think you can get there- and you already missed R1 for MIT in that R1 is due Sept 15 and unless you are Houdini I don't see how you could get an application together for this by the end of this week unless you already started. And you have better odds in R1 so I would hit the GMAT verbal prep and make a push to be ready for MIT R1 apps in Fall 2017. By the way, we have some great MBA counselors who are MIT alums and it would be great to spend a few hours strategizing with them this year for how to really pop in the MIT pool next year. To find out how we can help, use this link for a free consult: https://stratusprep.com/free%20consult/

I am planning to approach MIT Sloan business school, yet the average scores of the enrolled students is way higher.

My background:
- I am 27
- 4.5 years in corporate finance,
- 1.5-2 years CEO and Co-Founder of a programming school chain (5 centers), management of my team up to 15 people, and working with government and international partners on different projects.
- Undergrad GPA - 3.5, Bachelor's degree in Economics

Do I have chances to get accepted to the school? The reason, I am asking is that top schools such as HBS or MIT Sloan state that there is no minimum GMAT score.

I won't have time to retake GMAT exam this year, so give me an advice if I have chances to get accepted or it will be worthless and I need to postpone the idea for one more year, please.
Thank you in advance
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have an interesting background but your GMAT is a major red flag! I would avoid applying to Sloan until you improve your GMAT or not at all if you choose not to retake
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Atos wrote:
Hi everyone,
Recently I got a GMAT exam and took a score of 610 (Q48/V25).

I am planning to approach MIT Sloan business school, yet the average scores of the enrolled students is way higher.

My background:
- I am 27
- 4.5 years in corporate finance,
- 1.5-2 years CEO and Co-Founder of a programming school chain (5 centers), management of my team up to 15 people, and working with government and international partners on different projects.
- Undergrad GPA - 3.5, Bachelor's degree in Economics

Do I have chances to get accepted to the school? The reason, I am asking is that top schools such as HBS or MIT Sloan state that there is no minimum GMAT score.

I won't have time to retake GMAT exam this year, so give me an advice if I have chances to get accepted or it will be worthless and I need to postpone the idea for one more year, please.
Thank you in advance

Hi Atos,
610 is a bit low for MIT or any of the top 10 programs. MIT Sloan average GMAT is 713, although some candidates get admitted with lower scores as you can see here: https://aringo.com/aringo-top-mba-gmat-results/
If you can improve your score to around 660-680 you'll have much better chances go get in. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot