Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Re: IE / ESADE MiF 2015 Intake [#permalink]
Hey guys, I've been admitted to the IE MIAF programme for the Jan'16 intake as well. I had applied for MIF but I guess my work ex is above the batch average and the Admissions Team thought I would fit MIAF better.I haven't been able to get in touch with any current students and I'd like to get some insight into the quality of the programme. Any word of advise guys?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unfortunately, I had the same problem when looking for former and current students. At the end, it helped me make my decision regarding which MIF to attend. I tried (maybe not hard enough) to reach to IE students through facebook but no one replied, even one I knew from undergraduate. On the other hand, I received many feedback from ESADE students. You cannot draw any kind of conclusion here but it's just to show you I had trouble getting in touch with former students. I hope you have more luck. Anyway, the program looks great, FT rankings gives you as well some indications on the school but insights are also important. I don't have much knowledge about the MIAF tough. Good luck in your process.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT Date: 07-06-2015
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Hi everyone, i'm an undergraduate from Portugal and i'm aiming to pursue a Master in Finance at ESADE Business School but I'm struggling a bit because I don't know if I really have any chances even with a good GMAT (I'm looking to have 700+, I will :lol: ), so please, if you could say something about my profile, give any advice or opinion, anything would help at this moment. I did alot of research, inclusive here and other websites, foruns etc, but I do really want to share my specific case to meet your advices regarding my own profile and not others which seem to have some similarity with mine, and of course, do my first post here and join the community :-D

My profile:

BSc degree from a accredited university : ISCTE Business School GPA: 14/20, not the best school from Portugal, but one of the top 5.
Profissional experience:
- One month intership at a small Engineering Consulting firm where my main tasks where related with reunion support to my supervisor, and learning some basic concepts of the industry. Also i'v been at a reunion where they discussed an M&A activity from one of the partners firms (I guess it was the most related field in which I was able to be experiencing that is related with my future goals.
- Recently started an Intership of 4 months at Millennium BCP, the biggest private bank in Portugal, however, my functions are related with Direct Banking and client support, which I dont know if it has the same value as an intership specifically in the area of Finance (Corporate Finance, Investment Banking), I presume that not.

I have no International experience, since I'm already out of my parents house (I'm from Madeira Island and moved to Lisbon to pursue my undergraduate degree in a better university than the one from the Island. I know it's not an excuse but doing erasmus requires money and also I dind't had the mentality I have now when I was pursuing my UG degree, as you can see, my GPA is not a strong point, and also I didn't think to much about my carreer during that time ( I do regret :( )

Finally, I want to apply for the 2016 Intake, so I would be able to apply at the first round and have more chances and I want to know what you guys think about my situation, please do not judge me and I hope the post is OK :?: :!: cause I don't want to mess with the forum.

Thanks in advance for your attention,

John :-D
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi guys! I also applied to the master in finance of ESADE IE and HEC. I do not have decided yet where I will study. Can I ask you if you could share your experience please? It would help me a lot! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello!
Can anyone please share tgeur experience at IE Business School? I am planning to do masters in finance from there. However when I submitted my resume for evaluatiin to the admissions team, they told me that my profile is more suitable for Masters in Advanced finance based on my work experience. Can anyone tell me how hard it is to find a job in Spain or other European countries after completing masters at IE business for a non-European student?

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts