Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619230 [3]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: IMD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to IMD in R1. Please let me know my chances.

Background and nationality: Male, 32 years old (at matriculation), Indian

Undergrad Information:

Discontinued from Computer Science engineering from the top college run by the state government midway due to health reasons.

B.Arts (English) through distance education program from University of Madras - completed in First Class (61%)

PG Diploma in Management full-time (from one of the tier 2 IIMs in India) - completed (Grade : B).

GMAT: 680 (Q: 49, V: 32, AWA: 4, IR: 6). My verbal score was consistently higher in the mocks and hence I'm planning to re-take in Jan 1st week. Expecting ~700. How much of a difference will this make?
TOEFL: 110

Work experience and leadership: (reverse chronological order)

1 year in Cognizant as a Consultant for the 100 member Sales and Marketing services team.

3.5 years in HCL (in the strategy office of BFSI Sales Leadership) as Business Partner. 500% increase in salary from what I earned at TCS BPO (previous company). Traveled to the US five times and to the UK once on business assignments such as Annual planning, Sales conferences, etc. Had experience of working closely with the President of the BFSI vertical on business planning and monitoring. Managed 5 associates. 2 promotions in 3 appraisal cycles.

3 years in TCS BPO customer support (this was prior to graduation and hence wouldn’t count)

Community and others:
Volunteer to teach at an orphanage since May 2019.
Students' council member and Infra secretary during PG study.

Post MBA goal is to join a consulting firm preferably consulting for financial sector clients.
I want to make two particular transitions - location (securing employment in Europe) and go from a corporate function role to a client facing role.

Anything else?
Featured in a national daily at 13 for winning a science talent hunt. (does this even count since it was such a long time ago?)
Data science certification on edX.
Studied French as a second language in school for 7 years. Proficiency level is only basic though.
Have a personal story to say about discontinuing from a top tier engineering college and recovering from a serious accident and illness.

Questions:
What are my chances and specific areas of improvement?
Do I need to increase my GMAT score significantly to stand any chance?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi tgfjp ..
Welcome to Gmatclub. Your age is perfect. IMD accept second MBA applicants. It would be great if you can score at least 700. IMD focus heavily on professional achivements and hence I would suggest you to introspect more and find those achievements which shows leadership potential and team work. Also, you can mention some monetary values. I suggest to not mention 500% salary increase. You need to show impressive impact stories of work. IMD do not emphasize much on extra curricular.
Your MBA goals from IMD will be tough as it focuses more on Industries and not consulting/financial sectors. You can re-think of goals or make another story. I do not think the childhood achievement will be considered now. You studied French for 7 years and still basic is a disadvantage. You should mention that you know basic French (A1/A2, etc) and not the years. Significantly increasing GMAT chances will not going to help much as the admit/shortlisting chance depends on overall profile. However, there is no harm in scoring as high as possible. It will open doors for scholarship. The story of dropping out and health issues can be mentioned in essay somewhere and explained in OPTIONAL essay. You can follow this FORUM for further discussion on application and connect with other applicants.
tgfjp wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to IMD in R1. Please let me know my chances.

Background and nationality: Male, 32 years old (at matriculation), Indian

Undergrad Information:

Discontinued from Computer Science engineering from the top college run by the state government midway due to health reasons.

B.Arts (English) through distance education program from University of Madras - completed in First Class (61%)

PG Diploma in Management full-time (from one of the tier 2 IIMs in India) - completed (Grade : B).

GMAT: 680 (Q: 49, V: 32, AWA: 4, IR: 6). My verbal score was consistently higher in the mocks and hence I'm planning to re-take in Jan 1st week. Expecting ~700. How much of a difference will this make?
TOEFL: 110

Work experience and leadership: (reverse chronological order)

1 year in Cognizant as a Consultant for the 100 member Sales and Marketing services team.

3.5 years in HCL (in the strategy office of BFSI Sales Leadership) as Business Partner. 500% increase in salary from what I earned at TCS BPO (previous company). Traveled to the US five times and to the UK once on business assignments such as Annual planning, Sales conferences, etc. Had experience of working closely with the President of the BFSI vertical on business planning and monitoring. Managed 5 associates. 2 promotions in 3 appraisal cycles.

3 years in TCS BPO customer support (this was prior to graduation and hence wouldn’t count)

Community and others:
Volunteer to teach at an orphanage since May 2019.
Students' council member and Infra secretary during PG study.

Post MBA goal is to join a consulting firm preferably consulting for financial sector clients.
I want to make two particular transitions - location (securing employment in Europe) and go from a corporate function role to a client facing role.

Anything else?
Featured in a national daily at 13 for winning a science talent hunt. (does this even count since it was such a long time ago?)
Data science certification on edX.
Studied French as a second language in school for 7 years. Proficiency level is only basic though.
Have a personal story to say about discontinuing from a top tier engineering college and recovering from a serious accident and illness.

Questions:
What are my chances and specific areas of improvement?
Do I need to increase my GMAT score significantly to stand any chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply to IMD in R2/R3 and below is my profile

Background and nationality
Indian Male 34 Yrs – 7+ yrs of leadership experience in some of India’s biggest CPG organizations

Undergrad Information
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering – First Class (Dean’s List)
PGDM from India’s top 20 B schools – First Class (4th rank in batch)

GMAT:
Not yet taken. Would be around 690 – 700 (projections from the mock exams)

Work experience and leadership
2012-2015: Started off as Area Sales Manager with Amul in 2012 and took a bigger responsibility of handling an entire state in 1 years’ time. 2 direct and 3 indirect reportees under me and was responsible for handling sales turnover of 60 crores per annum for Dairy business.
2015-2016: Explored other opportunities and took the role of Area Sales Manager in Britannia. Was handling a 3 state portfolio with 4 direct and 8 indirect reportees and was responsible for starting off and expanding dairy business in new geographies
2016-2019: Took a career change with promotion to take up the role as Regional Sales Manager in one of India’s leading organization in edible oil sales. Promoted to head the sales and business development function of the organization in two years’ time. Handled a business of 600 cr annually with 6 direct reportees (area managers) and 43 indirect reportees.
2019-Present: Wanted to explore the marketing function and took the role as nation trade marketing manager in one of India’s leading CPG organization.

Community and others
1) Professional singer with performances in concerts + All India Radio
2) Played cricket professionally and have represented the district cricket team. Captained college team.
3) Placement committee coordinator in PGDM

Post MBA goals
1) Work with a CPG organization in the sales/marketing function in a leadership role preferably in EU region
2) Would also be interested in General Management role in an Industry/CPG organization

Anything else?
1) Pre PGDM, was working for 3 years in a leading IT organization as a software developer
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi coolavis ..
I think you have good chances. Score at least 700 or more. Take care to explain why you need a second MBA? Do you know any other local/international language? Do you have International exposure or experience? Why are you applying in R2/R3 deadline? Are you looking to apply in other schools? If yes, which ones?

The applications are open for 2021 intake. You can check HERE for further updates. All the best.

coolavis wrote:
Hi everyone,

Indian Male 34 Yrs – 7+ yrs of leadership experience in some of India’s biggest CPG organizations

Undergrad Information

GMAT:

2012-2015: Started off as Area Sales Manager with Amul in 2012 and took a bigger responsibility of handling an entire state in 1 years’ time. 2 direct and 3 indirect reportees under me and was responsible for handling sales turnover of 60 crores per annum for Dairy business.
2015-2016: Explored other opportunities and took the role of Area Sales Manager in Britannia. Was handling a 3 state portfolio with 4 direct and 8 indirect reportees and was responsible for starting off and expanding dairy business in new geographies
2016-2019: Took a career change with promotion to take up the role as Regional Sales Manager in one of India’s leading organization in edible oil sales. Promoted to head the sales and business development function of the organization in two years’ time. Handled a business of 600 cr annually with 6 direct reportees (area managers) and 43 indirect reportees.
2019-Present: Wanted to explore the marketing function and took the role as nation trade marketing manager in one of India’s leading CPG organization.

Community and others
2) Played cricket professionally and have represented the district cricket team. Captained college team.

Post MBA goals
1) Work with a CPG organization in the sales/marketing function in a leadership role preferably in EU region
2) Would also be interested in General Management role in an Industry/CPG organization

Anything else?
1) Pre PGDM, was working for 3 years in a leading IT organization as a software developer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 745 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41 (Online)
Send PM
prakhar9876 wrote:
Hi everyone.

I am looking at IMD as a school I want to go to the coming year. Request your comments and any suggestions for schools other than IMD would be highly appreciated.

Nationality: Indian ( Male, 30 )

Undergrad: Nirma University, Ahmedabad, CGPA : 7.76, First Class with Distinction,

GMAT: 660 ( Q 48, V 33) - Less than Gmatprep mocks given so will be attempting once more

Work experience: Project management , 7 years of experience in development and delivery of
capital infrastructure(T&D) projects with Tata Power
• Have been part of core teams in developing energy assets( capex) acheiveing capitalisation ranging USD 5M to 75M.
and increasing installed transmission capacity upwards of 2000 MVA.
• Led project execution at site for major capex projects managing site team of OEMs, large contractors and local vendors( team size approx 150+)
• Have managed multidisciplinary engineering site activities for a major project transition from EPC to BOQ model( short close contract of major EPC player midway in the project led to change in execution philosophy).
• Have led department HSE activities as departmental coordinator for 6 months. Prepped HSE dashboard for senior management, analysed operational and audit data for multiple sites to help bring two important safety improvements that were showcased in company's annual innovation event.
• Worked on project sites with international teams of various OEMs for a consistent time frame. ( 5 years)

Community and others:
• I have worked at an NGO full time for 6 months involved in installation of solar equipment in remote villages in gujarat. I spent a significant portion of this time also working on literacy campaigns for such remote villages on the use of solar pumps and panels.
• While working for transmission line projects in Mumbai, I have been actively involved in regular programs where people living below high voltage transmission lines are sensitized on the dangers of EHV lines.
• I have worked also with a couple of tourist organisation in Goa for 2 months where I had been involved in sustainable cooking practices in a small village for a large tourist crowd.

Post MBA goals
• Post graduation I want to continue in the energy sector as my interests are strongly aligned with the renewable space. My short term goals include getting to work on the manufacturing side of the project supply chain ( Companies like ABB, Vestas, Siemens) as till now I have worked for a utility and client side. Long term goals are to work on large scale distributed energy sufficiency programs for developing economies.

Looking forward to your comments. Thanks.

You can try other institutions like SP Jain, NMIMS, JB, XLRI and probably few more IIMs which accept GMAT score with work ex like this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Kudos
Hi.

Thank you very much for taking time and replying back. I know 4 languages (Indian languages) in addition to my mother tongue. However, I do not have international work exp excepting my pre mba stint where my clients were Americans and I had daily work interactions and collaborations with them.

Why R2/R3?
I have commitments in my existing organisation which I have to complete and do a proper handover before taking up my MBA. No other particular reason.

Other schools?
I have filtered quite a few b schools out. US b schools are out of my list and I am looking at Cambridge Judge, probably hec paris. Iam inclined towards industry/CPG organization as that's my forte. If you could suggest some b schools which would fit my bill, it would be great.

Cheers.

Leadership wrote:
Hi ..
I think you have good chances. Score at least 700 or more. Take care to explain why you need a second MBA? Do you know any other local/international language? Do you have International exposure or experience? Why are you applying in R2/R3 deadline? Are you looking to apply in other schools? If yes, which ones?

The applications are open for 2021 intake. You can check for further updates. All the best.

coolavis wrote:
Hi everyone,

Undergrad Information

GMAT:

Community and others

Post MBA goals

Anything else?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi coolavis ..
I feel you have chances. Do your best in GMAT and the application. Probably we could get a chance to see each other on assessment day of R2 (assuming, both of us will apply in R2 and IMD will call us for assessment day :lol: :lol: )

I believe you have chosen the best ones - IMD, HEC and Cambridge (they all are in my list :angel: )

coolavis wrote:
Hi.

Thank you very much for taking time and replying back. I know 4 languages (Indian languages) in addition to my mother tongue. However, I do not have international work exp excepting my pre mba stint where my clients were Americans and I had daily work interactions and collaborations with them.

Why R2/R3?
I have commitments in my existing organisation which I have to complete and do a proper handover before taking up my MBA. No other particular reason.

Other schools?
I have filtered quite a few b schools out. US b schools are out of my list and I am looking at Cambridge Judge, probably hec paris. Iam inclined towards industry/CPG organization as that's my forte. If you could suggest some b schools which would fit my bill, it would be great.

Cheers.

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Dear all,
We have created a separate Gmatclub group chat for IMD. You can use this CHAT for quick suggestions, and help each other. Click HERE
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Really interesting profile! Love the ECs...will differentiate you. Would love to see 10 more points on GMAT but this is interesting.

Have you considered RSM? They are the best for your goal of renewable energy.

prakhar9876

prakhar9876 wrote:
Hi everyone.

I am looking at IMD as a school I want to go to the coming year. Request your comments and any suggestions for schools other than IMD would be highly appreciated.

Undergrad: Nirma University, Ahmedabad, CGPA : 7.76, First Class with Distinction,

GMAT: 660 ( Q 48, V 33) - Less than Gmatprep mocks given so will be attempting once more

Work experience: Project management , 7 years of experience in development and delivery of
• Have been part of core teams in developing energy assets( capex) acheiveing capitalisation ranging USD 5M to 75M.
• Led project execution at site for major capex projects managing site team of OEMs, large contractors and local vendors( team size approx 150+)
• Have managed multidisciplinary engineering site activities for a major project transition from EPC to BOQ model( short close contract of major EPC player midway in the project led to change in execution philosophy).
• Have led department HSE activities as departmental coordinator for 6 months. Prepped HSE dashboard for senior management, analysed operational and audit data for multiple sites to help bring two important safety improvements that were showcased in company's annual innovation event.
• Worked on project sites with international teams of various OEMs for a consistent time frame. ( 5 years)

Community and others:
• I have worked at an NGO full time for 6 months involved in installation of solar equipment in remote villages in gujarat. I spent a significant portion of this time also working on literacy campaigns for such remote villages on the use of solar pumps and panels.
• While working for transmission line projects in Mumbai, I have been actively involved in regular programs where people living below high voltage transmission lines are sensitized on the dangers of EHV lines.
• I have worked also with a couple of tourist organisation in Goa for 2 months where I had been involved in sustainable cooking practices in a small village for a large tourist crowd.

Post MBA goals
• Post graduation I want to continue in the energy sector as my interests are strongly aligned with the renewable space. My short term goals include getting to work on the manufacturing side of the project supply chain ( Companies like ABB, Vestas, Siemens) as till now I have worked for a utility and client side. Long term goals are to work on large scale distributed energy sufficiency programs for developing economies.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Really interesting profile! Love the ECs...will differentiate you. Would love to see 10 more points on GMAT but this is interesting.

prakhar9876

prakhar9876 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Community and others:

Post MBA goals

Thanks MBAPrepCoach for your comments. After speaking with a few IMD alums I am actually very keen on the school as it fits my profile nicely. I did consider RSM at one point, however, I am no longer considering it.
I do have a question regarding something that's bothering me is that while being involved with a lot of extracurricular activities I technically haven't been employed post June 2018. Targeting the 2021 intake makes me wonder how i would explain a gap to potential employers immediately post the course. I am a bit tensed about it, so any suggestions and comments are more than welcome.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
You're right to be concerned about that, I don't think I've had any luck with candidates who are unemployed. The best strategy is to get a job and then apply to business school and that's unfortunately the beginning and the end of it. You might want to set up a chat to do a resume review with somebody at the school so that you can hear this directly from somebody in admissions.

prakhar9876 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

prakhar9876

prakhar9876 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Community and others:

Post MBA goals

Thanks MBAPrepCoach for your comments. After speaking with a few IMD alums I am actually very keen on the school as it fits my profile nicely. I did consider RSM at one point, however, I am no longer considering it.
I do have a question regarding something that's bothering me is that while being involved with a lot of extracurricular activities I technically haven't been employed post June 2018. Targeting the 2021 intake makes me wonder how i would explain a gap to potential employers immediately post the course. I am a bit tensed about it, so any suggestions and comments are more than welcome.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi prakhar9876 ..
In my opinion, you should be cautious. IMD strongly focus on professional profiles. You can see it easily by school's reputation and the class profile brochures. As MBAPrepCoach suggested, you must get a job and then apply to IMD.
What other schools are you considering? Did you improve your GMAT score?
HEC will be too tough with 660. Any thoughts on German MBA programs?

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
You're right to be concerned about that, I don't think I've had any luck with candidates who are unemployed. The best strategy is to get a job and then apply to business school and that's unfortunately the beginning and the end of it. You might want to set up a chat to do a resume review with somebody at the school so that you can hear this directly from somebody in admissions.

prakhar9876 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Leadership wrote:
Hi prakhar9876 ..
In my opinion, you should be cautious. IMD strongly focus on professional profiles. You can see it easily by school's reputation and the class profile brochures. As MBAPrepCoach suggested, you must get a job and then apply to IMD.
What other schools are you considering? Did you improve your GMAT score?
HEC will be too tough with 660. Any thoughts on German MBA programs?

MBAPrepCoach wrote:

prakhar9876 wrote:

Thank you for yoir comments Leadership. I have been prepping for another attempt and the last two mocks were good at 700 and 710. On the job front, things have been a little disheartening these past few months as markets aren't kind to my kind of profiles but I am trying my best. For German schools I have been looking up on ESMT at the moment. Do you have any schools that you could suggest I look into?

MBAPrepCoach Thanks for your viewpoint. I have spoken with the admissions committee once a month back on that issue and their reply in brief wasn't very clear. I have scheduled a call with them this Monday and will speak on this topic in detail as you advised. Meanwhile I have been waitlisted at ESADE at the moment.

Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi prakhar9876 ..
You can keep RSM as a safe School. There is no harm in having an option if things do not go the way you want. I think, I cannot help you in your situation because it's tough to first convince ourselves, then adcoms and then recruiters. Generally, a small gap is understandable. I strongly suggest to take up a job before applying. If you really want to try your luck, you can do so by applying in upcoming intake whose applications are open. The upcoming Round 2's deadline is May 1. ESADE is not a bad option of you get admit.

Other schools if you have a score 700 - HEC, Cambrdige, Oxford, IESE
With the same score - ESMT, WHU, RSM, Manchester, Cass

prakhar9876 wrote:
Thank you for yoir comments Leadership. I have been prepping for another attempt and the last two mocks were good at 700 and 710. On the job front, things have been a little disheartening these past few months as markets aren't kind to my kind of profiles but I am trying my best. For German schools I have been looking up on ESMT at the moment. Do you have any schools that you could suggest I look into?

MBAPrepCoach Thanks for your viewpoint. I have spoken with the admissions committee once a month back on that issue and their reply in brief wasn't very clear. I have scheduled a call with them this Monday and will speak on this topic in detail as you advised. Meanwhile I have been waitlisted at ESADE at the moment.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi All,

Looking to apply to IMD and was hoping to get any input on my profile (below). Thanks in advance!

------------------

Sex: Male
Nationality: Filipino

Undergrad Information

University attended: Ateneo de Manila University (Jesuit University; considered a top 3 university in the country)
GPA: 2.58

Notes: Who I am is heavily anchored on the influence of my family, my Jesuit education and sport. I made it a point to balance these three while at University. Apart from academics, I also focused on leadership roles in clubs / organizations that cater to social causes, as well as training for my local club team (ice hockey) that competed in pocket tournaments in the region.

A little more information on the clubs / organizations i was apart of while at University:
- I was the Associate Vice President of the Ateneo Special Education (SPEED) society with a focus on managing projects / events that connected persons with special needs from partner schools with different groups within and outside of the Ateneo.
- I was also an active member of the (i) Ateneo Catechetical Instruction League (ACIL) which is a club /organization that focuses on bringing children from under-resourced communities closer to their faith, and (ii) TUGON which is a club / organization that focuses on helping abandoned and abused children.

GMAT

Overall score: 650
Quant: 44
Verbal: 36

My plan coming out of university was to work for 5/6 years in finance, take my MBA, and then eventually transition into my father's business post-MBA.

Work experience: A little shy of 6 years in one of the leading local investment banks in the country
Roles assumed:
2 years - Syndicate Team
2.5 years - Execution Team (Corporate Finance Division)
1.5 years - Project Finance Team (Corporate Finance Division)

Community and others

Extracurricular Activities:
Active skater and assistant captain of the Philippine Men's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach of the Philippine Women's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach in the Learn to Play "LTP" program of Hockey Philppines

Notes: The Philippine Ice Hockey Federation was incorporated in 2016. I have been an active member since its incorporation and was part of the inaugural team that participated in the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo (Div II - Bronze) and 2017 South East Asian Games (Gold). In 2018 I joined the coaching staff of the Women's team and helped guide them to their first gold medal in an official International Ice Hockey Federation tournament. In 2018 I also joined the coaching staff of the LTP program which was the marriage of my passions for service and sport - the LTP program is a cost-light program for all beginners (children and adults) who want to learn the sport.

Post MBA goals

Post-MBA I look to transition into my father's mortgage business and take on a leading role in the firm. Long-term goal is eventual succession as president of the firm.

Note: I resigned last year in order to: (i) familiarize myself with my father’s business, (ii) study for the GMAT and prepare my MBA applications, (iii) prepare with the Philippine Men’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2019 Southeast Asian Games and 2020 IIHF Division IV World Championships, and (iv) prepare the Philippine Women’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2020 IIHF Women’s Challenge Cup of Asia – Top Division.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Hi cn18 ..
Sorry to reply you late. IMD strongly focus on professional profile and achievements. I do agree that you have an exceptional extra-curricular or volunteering work but it is not going to help you much in case of IMD. You need to push your score to at least 680. I would be happy if you can list down your professional achievements and share a reason why you want to go to IMD?
cn18 wrote:
Hi All,

Looking to apply to IMD and was hoping to get any input on my profile (below). Thanks in advance!

------------------

Sex: Male
Nationality: Filipino

Undergrad Information

University attended: Ateneo de Manila University (Jesuit University; considered a top 3 university in the country)
GPA: 2.58

Notes: Who I am is heavily anchored on the influence of my family, my Jesuit education and sport. I made it a point to balance these three while at University. Apart from academics, I also focused on leadership roles in clubs / organizations that cater to social causes, as well as training for my local club team (ice hockey) that competed in pocket tournaments in the region.

A little more information on the clubs / organizations i was apart of while at University:
- I was the Associate Vice President of the Ateneo Special Education (SPEED) society with a focus on managing projects / events that connected persons with special needs from partner schools with different groups within and outside of the Ateneo.
- I was also an active member of the (i) Ateneo Catechetical Instruction League (ACIL) which is a club /organization that focuses on bringing children from under-resourced communities closer to their faith, and (ii) TUGON which is a club / organization that focuses on helping abandoned and abused children.

GMAT

Overall score: 650
Quant: 44
Verbal: 36

My plan coming out of university was to work for 5/6 years in finance, take my MBA, and then eventually transition into my father's business post-MBA.

Work experience: A little shy of 6 years in one of the leading local investment banks in the country
Roles assumed:
2 years - Syndicate Team
2.5 years - Execution Team (Corporate Finance Division)
1.5 years - Project Finance Team (Corporate Finance Division)

Community and others

Extracurricular Activities:
Active skater and assistant captain of the Philippine Men's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach of the Philippine Women's National Ice Hockey Team
Coach in the Learn to Play "LTP" program of Hockey Philppines

Notes: The Philippine Ice Hockey Federation was incorporated in 2016. I have been an active member since its incorporation and was part of the inaugural team that participated in the 2017 Asian Winter Games in Sapporo (Div II - Bronze) and 2017 South East Asian Games (Gold). In 2018 I joined the coaching staff of the Women's team and helped guide them to their first gold medal in an official International Ice Hockey Federation tournament. In 2018 I also joined the coaching staff of the LTP program which was the marriage of my passions for service and sport - the LTP program is a cost-light program for all beginners (children and adults) who want to learn the sport.

Post MBA goals

Post-MBA I look to transition into my father's mortgage business and take on a leading role in the firm. Long-term goal is eventual succession as president of the firm.

Note: I resigned last year in order to: (i) familiarize myself with my father’s business, (ii) study for the GMAT and prepare my MBA applications, (iii) prepare with the Philippine Men’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2019 Southeast Asian Games and 2020 IIHF Division IV World Championships, and (iv) prepare the Philippine Women’s National Ice Hockey Team for the 2020 IIHF Women’s Challenge Cup of Asia – Top Division.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Thank for the response, Leadership.

RE professional achievements and reasons for choosing IMD:

1. Professional Achievements

- Top contributor to my firm in terms of number of deals (comprising capital raising exercises and advisory roles) and dollar value
- Led a multi-billion US Dollar project financing (the biggest in PH history)

2. Why IMD?

- Very intense and personal program
- Emphasis on leadership development
- Diversity of cohort
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: IMD '21
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
Send PM
Kindly provide your views on my prospects as I target the July 1 deadline of IMD. May 1 seems unrealistic.

Background and nationality:
38 y, Indian with a PhD in Nanoscience (University of Pune)

Undergrad Information:
Bachelor of Sciences [Hons] Chemistry from Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (philanthropic university)

GMAT: 700 (Q44, V41)

Work experience and leadership:
1. Post-PhD work-ex is about 11 yrs
2. Present: Senior Assistant Professor of Chemistry and Head of High Resolution Electron Microscopy Center at Sri Sathya Sai Instittue of Higher Learning (a fully philanthropic private university run by an NGO).
3. International work Experience: 39 months as a post-doctoral research fellowship in CNRS Lab, Bordeaux, France.
4. Inspire Faculty Award 2013 (Department of Science and Technology, India; top 5%); Research Fellowship (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research; top 20%); University Topper (MSc Chemistry)

Community and others:
1. Village service activities in Anantapur district, AP State, India (since 2012 to 2016)
2. Waste valorization projects in Anantapur district, AP State, India (since 2016 to 2017)

Post MBA goals:
Leadership, product manager, R&D manager roles in Pharmaceutials and Advanced Materials manufacturing Industries.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4