Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
CIO
CIO
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would also take a look at Cornell and IESE.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort

Suprisingly, the two schools you have mentioned are the ones that I am applying to. (Cornell and IESE). And ofcourse, LBS for sure. Thats one school that is pulling me. INSEAD, thats competitive and a very short program. (Still, with a 640 gmat, things are glim :( )

Regards
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
What about IMD?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Hjort

IMD is a fantastic school. Nevertheless the program starts in January. Hence I have decided to keep in to the pipeline. If I do not make it to LBS, IESE or Cornell, IMD will be the next shot.

On the other hand, if i cannot make it to either of the schools, does it make sense that IMD would take me? Do i stand a chance with IMD (the competition is very high for IMD).

Regards
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good points re: IMD. I merely noticed a theme in terms of schools that interested you and wondered if that was one of them.

Another American school to consider is Georgetown.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The short listed with some addition (after extensive search... :roll: ) numering according to my priority.

1. London Business School
2. Cornell
3. IESE
4. Georgetown
5. Inst. Empressa
6. RSM (Netherlands)
8. HEC (Paris)
7. SDA (Italy)

I may cut down 2 schools if I get to hear from the other schools at an early stage.

Whats your opinion on the list and my success rate Hjort. Given that GMAT 640 (49, 29). I would be having a total of 10 years exprcn by the time I enroll the program. International exprnc (5 countries). Main strngths, Innovation, teamleader, extra curri (outside office), and 4 languages.

Regards
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
This looks like a good list - I am glad to see Rotterdam and HEC (Paris) on the list. Over time, I hope to see more students express an interest in the business schools of contintental Europe.

As you are well aware, IESE pursposely admits relatively few students over 30 for its regular MBA program. I am not sure if that applies in your case.

IESE
"I have noticed that only 5% of the class is made up of students above 30. Is this indicative of the applicant pool or is it by design?
It is by design. Our MBA is intended to be of maximum utility for those who have reached a point in their professional lives where furthering their knowledge of business in a formal setting is the next logical step towards advancing their career. Exceptional applicants with limited work experience but high potential for career success will compliment the students with a more mature view of the world of business, but the extremes on both ends of the age spectrum make up a small percentage of the class. The committee will evaluate candidates not only on what they may be able to contribute to the class as a whole but also on the ability of our MBA to help accelerate their career growth. In general, the MBA is geared toward professionals toward the beginning of a stellar career."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Hjort

Thanks. I understand that IESE prefers younger candidate (below 30 years), but my career at this point needs an MBA and I am clearly able to make my point through my essays.

And also, I would like you have your general assesment on the success rate of my apps, with regard to GMAT,work exprcn, extracurr... Perhaps, i may add few schools or remove some.

Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Carsen,

Could you remind us of your admissions package (work experience, academics, reason for MBA etc.)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
A short description...

Major - Mechanical Engineer (Bachelor).

GPA - 3.0 (not sure about the calculation - but not a very good one).

GMAT - 640 (49Q, 29V).

Work exprc - 10 years by the start of the program (International - Germany, SIngapore, India, Arabia, China -Main work, design of mechanical components)

Reasons for MBA - Start my own engineering consultancy, to cater to the MNC interested in starting business in India. (Sort of outsourcing).

Focus - International business, entrepreneurship (would like to work as a "Intrapreneur", before I start my business.

If you any additional information, let me know.

Thanks mate.
Regards
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have you considered Cambridge (Judge)?

https://www.entrepreneurs.jims.cam.ac.uk/news/news.htm
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quite a many people have mentioned about Judge school. My perception was/is that, the US schools have so called "Internship" that will provide me with practical exprnc., which is absent in the one year program such as Judge.

I am not sure about the career prospects (as soon as completing the MBA), but on the longer run, yeah, I agree. Its the initial outcome of the MBA that I feel is important.

How good do you feel is Judge, when it comes career path. what is ur opinion on the success rate of my applicatin to the list of schools that I had posted (LBS, Cornell, IESE, RSM, HEC)

thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]