Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks. Here is my current plan.

I am going to get my MA in Economics from UDel while getting involved in a non-profit group. Right now, I am trying to get an intership with an I-Bank the summer between my BA and MA (June-August 2006)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
IB internship [#permalink]
An internship is probably a good idea if you want to get exposed to the industry.

Most internships at the big IB firms offered to non-MBA students are for undergrads in the summer before their last year. Some firms will make job offers to interns who prove themselves during the summer to come back to work there post graduation.

You might want to check the websites of the firms that you're interested in immediately, as the application process for internships and analyst jobs starts very early and is competitive.

What's your motivation to do an MA in Economics?

[I am in no way affiliated with accepted.com]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: IB internship [#permalink]
Inexorable Force wrote:
An internship is probably a good idea if you want to get exposed to the industry.

Most internships at the big IB firms offered to non-MBA students are for undergrads in the summer before their last year. Some firms will make job offers to interns who prove themselves during the summer to come back to work there post graduation.

You might want to check the websites of the firms that you're interested in immediately, as the application process for internships and analyst jobs starts very early and is competitive.

What's your motivation to do an MA in Economics?

[I am in no way affiliated with accepted.com]

Refine my analytical skills, and add more finance-oriented courses into my curriculum. I feel that most big companies may see me as too young b/c I am graduating at 19.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Porscheboy16 wrote:
Thanks. Here is my current plan.

I am going to get my MA in Economics from UDel while getting involved in a non-profit group. Right now, I am trying to get an intership with an I-Bank the summer between my BA and MA (June-August 2006)

An internship would be a great idea. You would be able to see if you like th work and atmospher of an IB firm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Investment Banking [#permalink]
For all the people who are interested in the investment banking field, the ITM University offers investment banking courses that train candidates in this field. The college has all latest facilities and a reputed staff to train candidates. Visit the institute website if you wish to know more about the course.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Investment Banking [#permalink]