Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:38 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos

What should I do

You may select 1 option
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 381
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Re: Is GMAT 660 with q43 v38 better than 660 with q49 v33 [#permalink]
First of all you need to help us to help you.
Now this question will be well answered depending on the school you wana apply,your personal gmat target,if you will care about assistantship from the school,what your undergrad degree was? (Quant intensive/not),wether you have some relevant qualifications.....etc.

However, generally the former score looks better than the latter score.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 503
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q162 V150
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
2601VIS wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have given GMAT twice with scores of 660 in each attempt. However, the distribution of percentile has varied as follows:
-> Attempt 1: 660 - Q49 V33
-> Attempt 2:660 - Q43 V38

Attempt 1 Summary:
I was preparing for Indian CAT and was unaware of GMAT (knew that it existed but had not prepared a bit), then I came across ISB YLP and I got shortlisted for stage 2. I had about 3 months to prepare for the GMAT. While the prep was going on, I had changed my mind to pursue an MBA with work experience instead of pursuing straight out of college as I had been placed in Deloitte Consulting and mostly because of the reason that MBA with work exp. made more sense to me. My very first mock without any idea of the GMAT was of VeritasPrep where I had scored a 620. I knew straight-away that DS was a totally different game and understood that GMAT altogether was extremely different than Indian CAT. I had a poor verbal score. Due to placements season going on at my college, I had decided to work on my strengths and focused on DS (I did not know back then that this was a terrible strategy). My CR was average and RC was pretty good. I was scoring around 700 in different mocks, with 740 the highest one in LBS Mock. My official Mock scores were 660 and 710 respectively (I face issues with accuracy in SC, still persist). Gave GMAT. Got hammered in Verbal SC and CR and ended up with poor verbal, mostly due to the lack of REAL STRATEGY. I was unaware of the real feel of GMAT and was prepping without any coaching.

Attempt 2 Summary:
I had decided that I can score a lot better if I prepare verbal accordingly. First of all, I started understanding what GMAT actually tested in verbal. Completed the MGMAT for SC, CR, and RC. While I could greatly benefit in CR ( I could feel the difference), SC was still troubling me, though it had got somewhat better. I had also prepared for DS in parallel as I knew it needed consistent practice to master. For verbal, SC was very troublesome for me as I hate remembering the rules of grammar, and I faced challenges in particular where the whole question was underlined. Nevertheless, I prepared and was able to score 680 and 710 in the GMAT official mocks, with a consistent Quants score of q49 and q50 respectively. On D-Day, got hammered in Quants (It was 2nd section, verbal being the first). I could not understand what the question was exactly asking in a few questions and got so nervous that I was unable to even understand PS question which had been my strength from day 1. As a result, I ended up scoring exactly the same - 660. Although I don't exactly understand the scoring pattern of GMAT, I do particularly understand that this 660 is drastically different than the 660 in 1st attempt.

I would like to get help from you guys on the following two questions:
1.) Is this 660 better/worse than the previous attempt? How does this score differ from the previous score?
2.) Should I consider taking GMAT again or this is the representation of my caliber and accept it as a fact (I highly oppose the lateral view, but am unsure). (Also GMAT costs around 20k INR which is a serious amt. and I am confused a lot).

Thanks in advance for your time and inputs!

You need to attempt the third time, Don't get nervous because your overall score is very important. I am sure you can get around Q49 if you practice a bit in your weak areas
GMAT Club Bot