Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:04 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Eliya Panchova MiM 2024 Laidlaw Scholar [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Eliya Panchova MiM 2024 Laidlaw Scholar

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors/eliya-panchova][img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Elya-150x150.jpg[/img][/url]

I rarely trust statistics when it comes to choices concerning future goals. The reason is that last year, my chances of being where I am now were around [b]0.00000002%[/b].

Statistics is a fascinating science and an incredibly useful tool for decision-making. However, I don’t use it as a realistic criteria when pursuing goals; it is discouraging at best and depressing at worst. To put my words into context, I will present the statistics’ I chose not to believe in when applying.

Starting first with the application process for LBS, I was aware that the school is prestigious but also competitive. Some unofficial, questionably credible sources online scare you off with an acceptance rate of around 12%. When you see the number, it’s natural to start contemplating whether you’ll be the best one among the other seven applicants competing for this place. However, don’t start doubting yourself; there are two factors to consider, so let’s debunk the myths:

[*]There is no such thing as “the best applicant” or “the most relevant profile.” Don’t try to make your personal experiences fit into a certain framework, which a bunch of blog posts online market as “the ultimate profile.” I doubt such a thing exists; what matters more is sharing your authentic story and explaining in an engaging way how it led you to LBS. [/*]

[*]The assessment process is holistic, and when I say that, I genuinely mean it. LBS is not about being 10/10 in all possible dimensions out there. There are multiple criteria assessed at the same time, be it academic achievements, extracurriculars, work experience, GMAT score, essays, interview performance, etc. They all matter, and they are all considered in painting the picture. One piece of advice I wish someone gave me a year ago while applying is “Relax; no one cares about your low GMAT score as much as you do.” In that sense, underperforming in one aspect is not a deal breaker and doesn’t mean you don’t stand a chance. Multiple layers of your performance are taken into consideration, and if you’re exceptional in one aspect but below average in another, you don’t deserve your place in the classroom less than someone with a different experience. [/*]
[/list]

Don’t let acceptance rates scare you off; trust me, it’s worth the try.

Having convinced you to apply at least, let’s talk about the funding now. It can be quite a deal-breaker for some people, but don’t worry; I understand. As a first-generation university student coming from a working-class family in rural Bulgaria, financing my education was a significant factor to consider. I contemplated several options, such as student loans, scholarships, personal savings from part-time jobs, work and travel programmes in the U.S. during the summer, and even crowd-funding. I had this Excel table in which I brainstormed worst- and best-case scenarios on different funding options and how each one impacts my potential journey at LBS.

I started investigating scholarship opportunities, and one option was being automatically considered for merit. Apart from that, there were few opportunities for a student with my experience, but I bumped into a blog post by a Laidlaw scholar. Initially, I thought we had different backgrounds and experiences, but we had visions of the impact we wanted to create. The statistics again looked depressing: top 1% success rate; only 4 out of 300 [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/masters-in-management][b]Masters in Management[/b][/url] students were awarded the Laidlaw full scholarship.

Still, I decided to give it a try against all odds; the process was simple and straight forward just a few essay-type questions and the eligibility criteria were quite inclusive. It was a good return-to-effort ratio, so I again decided to disregard the statistics.

What I think made my[b] [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/financial-aid]scholarship[/url][/b] application stand out was that it was factual. I didn’t make huge promises about transforming the world, but I was honest about my interest in consulting, my target firm, and the change I want to contribute to and see in the next few years in this field.

The second factor, which I think made a difference, was my approach to telling my story. I fully embraced the circumstances that had impacted my academic and professional journey, as well as my background and my motivation for being a[b] [url=https://www.london.edu/campaigns/masters-degrees/laidlaw]Laidlaw scholar[/url].[/b] Approaching the scholarship application process open-mindedly allowed me to transform challenges into opportunities.

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Eliya-group-pic-150x150.jpg[/img]

Lastly, what contributed to my scholarship application was my genuine passion to give back to the communities that I relate to and that have helped me throughout my journey. Being engaged in multiple NGOs related to education and career opportunities prior to LBS, I knew this was where I could make a meaningful contribution. I outlined which are the communities I feel interested in and how I can contribute to them in LBS during term time and after graduation.

Be open-minded about sharing your story and genuine interests instead of thinking about how to best fit into a “framework.”.

Onwards, my journey was heavily influenced by the Laidlaw scholarship, and if it wasn’t for the team that recognised my potential, I wouldn’t have been here. Now halfway through my degree, there are a few milestones worth reflecting on.

I am now part of MiM’s 24 cohort and the Laidlaw community, which is full of extraordinary women with a vision for the future. Reflecting on the recruitment season, being a scholar helped me connect with inspiring women from the network working in consulting. The approximate chance of me joining this firm was around 0.0014% according to my rough estimates, but the Laidlaw scholars encouraged me to apply regardless of the numbers. As a result, after graduation, I will be joining one of the most prestigious consulting firms as a business analyst in London.

Don’t forget where you come from and what you came for. If you collaborate and seek guidance, there will be people who are happy to help.

Looking back, If someone had told me on December 7, 2023, that on the next day, I’d be accepted to LBS with a 100% scholarship, I’d have never believed it. But if someone had told me on the same date that precisely a year later I’d receive an offer from the company I aspired to work for, I’d have thought someone was messing with me. My probability of being accepted, receiving a scholarship, and receiving an offer from the firm I aspire to work for was around 0.00000002%, so…don’t trust the depressing statistics; submit that application regardless!

Written by [b][url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors/eliya-panchova]Eliya Panchova, MiM 2024[/url][/b]

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Driving Impact at LBS and Beyond [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Driving Impact at LBS and Beyond

Are you dreaming about initiating change at LBS? Look no further!

One key thing that stands out about London Business School is the wealth of opportunities and open doors. Let’s dive into some very tangible options to create change on campus as a student.

Option 1: Take on an impactful role at a club.

There are plenty of impact-oriented clubs on campus, such as the Social Impact Club (SIC), the First-Generation, Low, or Intermediate Income Club (FLII), and the Impact Consulting Club. By applying for an Executive Committee (ExCo) role, you will naturally become part of various projects that aim to support students. For example, as part of the SIC ExCo, my team and I support students in implementing social and environmental impact into their careers by inviting various companies or speakers on campus.

Option 2: Join impactful initiatives on campus.

Besides the clubs, there are various other opportunities available to support social and environmental impact. Great examples include the Student Philanthropy Council, Project Arusha, the consulting projects of the Impact Consulting Club, and the Wheeler Institute. For example, as Chair of the Student Philanthropy Council, I support the advancement team with the £200M Forever Forward campaign to guarantee future scholarships and research. These scholarships have the power to change lives and enable our LBS community to become even more diverse.

Option 3: Create your own initiatives.

New ideas and initiatives are highly appreciated around campus. While it may be easier to implement these as part of a club or initiative, your LBS peers and team will help you foster new projects as well. This is not about the size of your project but about proactiveness. For example, I’ve been mentoring African startups for over a year now as part of the Westerwelle Foundation. As this is a great opportunity for LBS peers to expand their impact, we connected the foundation with both the Laidlaw and the LBS community, thanks to the great support of Monet from the Recruitment and Admissions External Partnerships team. The impact can come in all shapes and forms.

How to Get Started

In light of a tense schedule and vivid student life, it can be difficult not to feel overwhelmed by your initial vision. Therefore, taking small steps is a great way to remain consistent – planting one seed at a time is more sustainable.

• Form a Strategy and Synergies. What are areas where you wish to see change, no matter how small? Meet with peers, club members, or the LBS team to understand the status quo, and the current boundaries to generate an actionable plan.

• Stay Proactive to Take Further Small Steps. Revisit your plan when engaged in various activities. Is there an event upcoming that suits your initiative? Did you spread the word (e.g. on LinkedIn)? If your initial plan does not work, what alternative step could you take?

• Be Kind to Yourself About Your Progress. At times, you may run into boundaries or time limits you did not anticipate. You may be trying to make a difference in an area where large, systemic inequality is present. Long-lasting change would be desirable but will be difficult to create. Therefore, it can be helpful to remember that trying is already progress in itself, as you’re still addressing an issue and thereby making it part of the conversation, despite no tangible results.

And finally…

Best of luck with your impact initiative! Feel free to reach out to me via LinkedIn about your impact ideas and anything I may support you with initiating your impact at LBS. Equally, if you’re a female founder looking to drive impact professionally, I’m happy to support your efforts on a pro-bono basis. Students like you make all the difference for our community!

Written By Carmen Schliesser, MiM 2024
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
My Experience as a Womens Merit Scholar at London Business School [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: My Experience as a Women’s Merit Scholar at London Business School

Selecting the right business school was a crucial decision for me, one that needed to align with my values and aspirations. London Business School became an obvious choice the moment I learned about being selected for the Women’s Merit Scholarship at London Business School to pursue a Masters in Financial Analysis. More than just a financial aid, this scholarship represents a recognition of my journey, my aspirations, and the impact I aim to make not only within LBS but also in the broader professional landscape.

Although I didn’t have to make a separate application for this scholarship, I was keen to secure one as it simplified my decision-making, providing a clear sign that LBS values the unique qualities I bring to the table. As an international student from Ghana, this heightened my sense of belonging within the LBS community.

Beyond the personal affirmation, the Women’s Merit Scholarship underscored LBS’ commitment to promoting diversity in a field where minority women are often underrepresented. This shared commitment further convinced me that LBS is more than just an academic institution—it is a community genuinely invested in the growth and success of its students.

The financial support from the scholarship significantly eased the burden of relocating to another country for my masters study. It enabled me to focus wholeheartedly on my education, engage in student life, and kickstart my career. Empowered by this support, I embraced leadership roles within the School, fostering both personal and academic growth. I joined the Black in Business Executive Committee, where I contribute to a team to help foster community and advance black careers in the workplace.

Another avenue the scholarship opened up was connecting with fellow scholars on the Student Philanthropy Council. This experience allowed me to advocate for the importance of philanthropy, helping other students access opportunities for scholarships and experience the wonderful environment that LBS has to offer. It was a way for me to give back and contribute to the sense of community that had embraced me.

The scholarship not only empowered me to pursue leadership roles but also instilled in me a deep commitment to supporting individuals from similar backgrounds in achieving their aspirations. Being from Ghana, I am aware that many individuals, especially in underprivileged communities, lack access to the educational and professional opportunities that I have been fortunate to experience. This awareness has fueled my commitment to creating pathways for others, advocating for inclusivity and equal access to education. It is a reminder that the impact of scholarships extends far beyond individual success, reaching into communities and regions where such opportunities are limited. I am happy that I can be the inspiration to many others that this is possible to achieve, and as I continue on my journey, I carry with me a profound sense of responsibility to contribute to breaking down barriers and fostering a more equitable and accessible educational landscape for individuals in Ghana and beyond.

In conclusion, my experience as a Women’s Merit Scholar at LBS has not only been about academic and financial support but also about finding a community that genuinely values diversity, fosters personal growth, and inspires a commitment to making a positive impact. As I reflect on this journey, I am grateful for the opportunities the scholarship has afforded me and excited about the doors it continues to open for both my career and my ability to contribute to a more inclusive and empowered professional world.

Written By Sadia Iliasu, MFA 2024
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Navigating the IESE Career Forum on March 4-5 [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: Navigating the IESE Career Forum on March 4-5
IESE, through the Career Development Center, has hosted the MiM Career Forum on March 4th and 5th on campus, and March 11th and 12th online. More than 35 companies have joined this adventure: networking, and connecting with the brilliant young professionals our MiM students are. It has been an incredible opportunity to explore new companies...

Read More

The post Navigating the IESE Career Forum on March 4-5 first appeared on The MiM Blog | IESE Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Breaking Paradigms and Building Bridges: My Journey as a Female Centra [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Breaking Paradigms and Building Bridges: My Journey as a Female Central Banker at LBS

By Maudy Halim, MiFFT2024

Growing up as a Chinese Indonesian in Indonesia, I experienced first-hand the challenges faced by underrepresented groups. We were asked to adopt Indonesian names and cultural celebrations like the Lunar New Year were banned. The economic crisis in 1998 triggered protests and riots across the archipelago, some of which targeted the country’s ethnic Chinese community. For years, prejudice against Chinese Indonesian persisted until the fourth president of Indonesia took major steps to promote cultural and ethnic diversity, advocating for the repeal of discriminatory laws. Growing up as a minority, I learned that diversity could be championed through the representation of a prominent leader willing to advocate for a more inclusive society.

This early lesson turned out to be extremely important as I embarked on a career in the male-dominated finance industry. We’re not talking about racial discrimination, but gender discrimination exists here. Research indicates that 34% of women in financial services experience regular gender discrimination, and 52% still face a gender pay gap. As a woman working in this field, I understand that finance has traditionally been a male-oriented domain, where women are often overlooked for simply wanting to have a family or going through inevitable life-changing events like pregnancy. But the world is changing, and more women are breaking negative paradigms, calling for change, and climbing the corporate ladders with extra efforts to finally achieve certain leadership roles. Representation matters, not just numbers, but heard voices and perspectives. We need more women role models in financial services.

As a central banker in Indonesia, I’ve witnessed how the central bank has been transforming itself into a more inclusive workplace. Of course, the journey hasn’t been without its challenges. Although it’s not an extreme gender pay gap issue, but stereotypes towards women remain a persistent issue. However, we’ve learned to turn those challenges into motivation for growth. I’ve seen positive changes that have taken place over the past few years, including an increase in the number of women role models in the organization. When I first joined in 2017, there was only one woman out of six members on the Board of Governors. Today, there are three women out of six-member board. Representation matters; It’s not just a buzzword, but it’s a fundamental aspect of creating a diverse and inclusive environment.

At LBS, not only am I a woman, but I am also a central banker – a less common career path among the Masters in Finance (MiF) cohort, where the majority come from industry roles, and thus there will be a slightly different baseline of finance knowledge. I learned finance from the central bank’s standpoint as a regulator, which differs from those who work directly with financial products and deals. I had to transition quickly and put in extra effort to gain comprehensive knowledge. However, I love the diversity of experiences within the MiF program. I am mesmerized by my cohort’s remarkable backgrounds, and I learn as much from my peers as from the faculty. I also appreciate how the women in my cohort have built a close-knit community. Here are some pictures of us enjoying our time in the UK!

Moreover, I also found that LBS is committed to supporting and empowering women to excel in finance through various initiatives, including clubs, societies, career events, leadership workshops, networking events, and other opportunities. Organizations like the Women in Business Club provide a platform for women at LBS to connect, collaborate, and empower each other in their career journeys. These initiatives will be instrumental to develop women into well-rounded leaders capable of creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces.

My journey is far from over, but my experience at LBS has instilled in me a strong belief in power of representation and the collective impact of diverse voices. As decades of studies show women leaders help increase productivity, enhance collaboration, and improve fairness, I strive to be a role model who can inspire and empower all women out there to break negative paradigms and build bridges for them to enter this industry.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Women empowerment in the financial industry [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Women empowerment in the financial industry

By Akane Nakahara, MIFFT2024

Undoubtedly, many women are actively contributing to the global financial sector. In London Business School’s Masters in Finance program, there is a diverse group of women with different finance backgrounds. The female ratio for the class of 2024 is at a record high of 36%.

However, it’s likely that every woman, at some point, has wondered, “Can I keep working in the finance industry for the long term?”

How to survive in the hard-working industry?

The finance industry, depending on the company, usually demands long working hours and a high commitment to the company (which includes on-site work, potential relocations, and not much room for remote work). There’s also a performance-driven environment with the possibility of ruthless downsizing. Particularly in front-office roles like investment banking, private equity funds, and hedge funds, known for their high salaries, sustaining the same work style as you age becomes challenging. If you go through pregnancy or childbirth, handling sudden late-night tasks and inflexible work hours becomes even more difficult to manage. Having worked in an investment team for three years, I felt that the industry was a male-dominated society and struggled to figure out my career path without clear role models.

Women leaders in the financial industry

On the other hand, in fields like wealth management, pension funds, investor relations, securities exchanges, and sustainability, women leaders are emerging one after another. Two years ago, I switched to a department dealing with bond issuance and Investor Relationship Management. What surprised me was the abundance of women in front-line roles related to bonds. Not only bond issuers, but also bond portfolio managers at asset management companies and pension funds, and sustainability bond officers at securities companies always included women. They were not being treated specially because they were women, and the women working there were building solid professional careers. To be frank, these fields generally offer a better work-life balance compared to traditional finance roles, making them more sustainable for the long term. Yet, they still play a vital and indispensable role in the financial ecosystem. As someone aiming to build a career in the front lines of finance, discovering such an environment was surprising.

Breaking Barriers

Looking at Japan, it’s still challenging for women to naturally work in front-line finance roles. Apart from the culture of long working hours, there’s a persistent bias against working women (such as the idea that women can shine more in middle-office roles). Also, men expressing such views is still allowed, which is a significant barrier. Two years ago, during an interview for a study abroad sponsorship, I was asked by my company’s HR department, “Have you ever strongly considered your gender in your daily work?” At that time, having just executed finance for companies in distress due to COVID, I was deeply upset by such a disrespectful question. If I were a man, they probably wouldn’t have asked that. Gender diversity in Japan remains low among executive positions, and the country doesn’t have overall gender equality. Improving this situation requires not only the efforts of individual women but a collective effort to change biased societal views, with men accepting these changes.

Precious opportunities in LBS

At London Business School, I had the opportunity to meet many powerful and talented women with a background in finance. Many of them came to business school to advance their careers, inspiring me with their determination to aim higher. The network formed with these women is fantastic, providing mutual encouragement even across borders. Connecting with women leaders through LBS’s Women in Business Club and the fact of studying at a global top school for finance boosted my confidence. Now, when I go back to Japan, I want to actively contribute to women empowerment through pursing my proficient and confident career in the financial industry, making it normal for women to lead in finance, and maybe make a small difference.   
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Celebrating MiM Women on the IWD, March 8th [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: Celebrating MiM Women on the IWD, March 8th
In our quest to shape a brighter, more inclusive world, IESE MiM Admissions is aware of the unique value that women offer and therefore we are committed to increasing the number of women in leadership roles. On a day like today, International Women’s Day IWD2024, let’s celebrate the remarkable women in our classrooms, whose strength,...

Read More

The post Celebrating MiM Women on the IWD, March 8th first appeared on The MiM Blog | IESE Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Celebrating MiM Women on the IWD2024, March 8th [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: Celebrating MiM Women on the IWD2024, March 8th
In our quest to shape a brighter, more inclusive world, IESE MiM Admissions is aware of the unique value that women offer and therefore we are committed to increasing the number of women in leadership roles. On a day like today, International Women’s Day IWD2024, let’s celebrate the remarkable women in our classrooms, whose strength,...

Read More

The post Celebrating MiM Women on the IWD2024, March 8th first appeared on The MiM Blog | IESE Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Start (up) your LBS Journey How LBS Enables Previous and Future Entrep [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Start (up) your LBS Journey – How LBS Enables Previous and Future Entrepreneurs 

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Carmen-150x150.jpg[/img]

After more than five years of entrepreneurship, building businesses like[b] [url=https://720impact.com/]720Impact[/url][/b], [b][url=https://www.felicico.com/en/]Felicico[/url],[/b] and[b][url=https://www.vebagency.com/] Veb Agency[/url],[/b] I knew I wanted to change career paths when applying for my Masters in Management at London Business School. But as a founder, I realized how beneficial this managerial education is even when you’re planning to stay in the industry. [b]Here’s why:[/b]

[b]Your Objective is to Start or Continue your Entrepreneurship Journey[/b]

Studying at LBS allows you to significantly build your most valuable long-term asset as an entrepreneur: your network. You will meet inspiring, like-minded peers through the [url=https://eclublbs.com/][b]Entrepreneurship Club[/b][/url] or the range of entrepreneurial electives you can choose from (across all programmes!), but it is equally important to build your network beyond fellow founders. These are also great places to find co-founders who complement your skillset! Furthermore, there are plenty of competitions and networking opportunities together with other universities at LBS that allow you to test your ideas early.

Your courses will equip you with the current best practices across all fields (finance, data analytics, strategy, marketing, etc.). As founders, we’re typically very product-focused and neglect some of the other dimensions. Part of our knowledge will also be self-taught, which can be helpful at times, but also exposes us to the risk of missing potential. What’s the best practice to leverage our marketing efforts? How can we build prediction models for our sales? Therefore, it is valuable to have the broad managerial exposure LBS offers at a distinct level and opt for courses that are either your weaknesses or that are key for your (upcoming) business.

[b]Pro Tips: [/b]Dive into the[b] [url=https://clubs.london.edu/pevcclub/home/]PE/VC club[/url][/b] and learn as much as you can about the Venture Capital perspective. This provides you with a great perspective on what potential future investors are looking for. After LBS, it may become increasingly difficult to dive into this industry without being employed in it. Also: People invest in people. LBS will help you establish trust among investors, but there is more they are looking for. During your time at LBS, there are plenty of opportunities to build both a well-rounded profile and learn about ways to be a responsible entrepreneur. For example, engaging in a broad range of social impact opportunities during your time at LBS is a great way to do so.

[b]Your Objective is to Change your Career from Entrepreneurship to something else (in the short or long run)[/b]

If you’re looking for ways to pivot away from entrepreneurship, in the short or long run, then we’re on the same path. In terms of networking, you will be exposed to the opportunity to talk to a range of people who have experienced the very industries and jobs you’re considering. Regular company events on campus and career fairs are valuable as well. These are also great ways to learn small talk with potential employers and refine your skill of networking without asking for a job. With the help of the [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/career-centre][b]career centre[/b][/url], you will be able to dive into your options and know how to prepare for interviews – something you may have never done as a former founder. Beyond the campus, you may also want to utilize [url=https://www.linkedin.com/school/london-business-school/mycompany/verification/][b]LinkedIn[/b][/url] to reach out to LBS alumni, who are always happy to share their stories and have a brief chat.

Your core courses will be of great help already to build a more corporate understanding, but you may still want to opt for courses that prepare you for this environment. For example, understanding corporate culture and hierarchy can be of great help. 

[b]Pro Tips: [/b]Your future employers will want to see that you’re capable of working in teams as part of their corporation. Therefore, it is important for your CV and experience to incorporate this balance. At LBS, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to do so, such as consulting projects, Executive Committee positions in clubs, or participation in business or finance challenges. 

[b]And lastly…[/b]

Best of luck on your exciting journey! Feel free to reach out to me via [url=https://www.linkedin.com/in/carmen-marleen-schliesser/][b]LinkedIn[/b][/url] about your startup ideas and upcoming projects – I’m more than happy to support you with my experience. [b]A special note to my fellow founders who identify as a woman:[/b] It’s so much tougher out there for you and we need to stick together and support each other – therefore, most definitely feel free to reach out!

Written By [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/student-alumni-and-ambassadors/carmen-marleen-schliesser]Carmen Schliesser[/url], MiM 2024
SVP
SVP
Send PM
IESE Madrid Campus Hosts Third Edition of High Potential Leadership Ex [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: IESE Madrid Campus Hosts Third Edition of High Potential Leadership Experience
On March 8th, 2024, IESE Madrid Campus welcomed 80 top-tier students from around the globe to partake in the Third Edition of the High Potential Leadership Experience. A transformative full-day event awaited attendees, promising to hone their leadership skills through immersive experiences and invaluable networking opportunities. The cornerstone of the event was the use of...

Read More

The post IESE Madrid Campus Hosts Third Edition of High Potential Leadership Experience first appeared on The MiM Blog | IESE Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
For women, early promotion is vital to reducing the gender pay gap by [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: “For women, early promotion is vital to reducing the gender pay gap” by Marta Elvira and Isabel Villamor, with Cristina Quintana-Garcia.
Getting promoted young is a virtuous circle that raises pay expectations for everyone, but especially women. The time taken to reach top positions plays a critical role in determining pay for both men and women, but especially for women, according to a new study by IESE’s Marta Elvira and Isabel Villamor, with Cristina Quintana-Garcia. The authors found that executives who...

Read More

The post “For women, early promotion is vital to reducing the gender pay gap” by Marta Elvira and Isabel Villamor, with Cristina Quintana-Garcia. first appeared on The MiM Blog | IESE Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Leaving less to luck on the career front: My MiM Experience [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Leaving less to luck on the career front: My MiM Experience

As a recent undergraduate/early-career professional, the world of opportunities can often be daunting. For many, it’s like the start of an immense decision tree. You can’t help but wonder how your choices today will impact your trajectory. Which field, which locale, which company? The confluence of ideas and resources at LBS armed me with knowledge that streamlined my entrance to the corporate world and meant that less was left up to chance.

I started my MiM in August 2019 with some view on my early-career direction and felt somewhat prepared. I knew the basics, such as my inclination towards consulting, but was open-minded and ready to take a more active role in charting my career path. I am confident that LBS was the best decision for broadening my perspective and maturing my view of the corporate world.

Being an Australian who had undertaken a semester exchange in London during my undergraduate studies, I felt that continuing life in this eclectic city would be enriching and immerse me in international perspectives. After catching up recently with my MiM friends in Copenhagen and reflecting on our time at LBS, we all agree that the experience made us feel comfortable and excel in applying for positions/networking and avoid being a deer in the headlights during interviews.

Not only were there a plethora of resources on offer, but it was evident through the numerous touchpoints and one-on-one sessions that the staff teams and broader community were backing us wholeheartedly. I am pleased to say this continued throughout COVID (which impacted the second half of my MiM) with ongoing career support and social activities.

The opportunity to surround myself with talented and motivated students, including the wisdom of MBA/senior career students, stood out relative to other Master’s programmes. I regularly took the opportunity to formally practice consulting cases with current consultants undertaking their MBAs. This was an excellent resource orchestrated by the Career Centre and paved the way for more informal practice. I was also able to take electives which are taught cross-programme (for example, I undertook classes on strategic negotiation and new venture development), which enabled me to work alongside more senior career professionals such as EMBA students. This exposure gave me more insight into alternative career paths and working in diverse teams.

Throughout the year, the vast student club network provided ample opportunities for enriching my time at LBS, including networking. For example, I took a committee member position in the Out in Business club, which allowed me to meet a range of inspiring individuals and learn more about LGBT+ in the workplace. I am still engaged with the club to this day, having attended the latest EUROUT conference last November. Another enriching highlight of the programme was the Global Experience where I went to San Francisco to learn about tech/entrepreneurship, including visiting the Salesforce headquarters and meeting start-up founders in Silicon Valley.

I am pleased to say that the culmination of these experiences meant that less was left to luck during my career search and facilitated my offer and continued success at Analysys Mason, a leading management consultancy focused on telecommunications, media, and technology. I was able to come in as a graduate with a base of professionalism, strategic thinking, and business acumen that I could bring to the day-to-day, which allowed me to hit the ground running and make a good impression with the team. Analysys Mason has a close relationship with LBS, involving regular representation at on-campus career fairs and a private information session. It feels rewarding to have come full cycle when representing the firm to current MiM students.

Written By, Sabre Konidaris, MiM2020
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Leaving less to luck on the career front: My MiM Experience [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: Leaving less to luck on the career front: My MiM Experience

As a recent undergraduate/early-career professional, the world of opportunities can often be daunting. For many, it’s like the start of an immense decision tree. You can’t help but wonder how your choices today will impact your trajectory. Which field, which locale, which company? The confluence of ideas and resources at LBS armed me with knowledge that streamlined my entrance to the corporate world and meant that less was left up to chance.

I started my MiM in August 2019 with some view on my early-career direction and felt somewhat prepared. I knew the basics, such as my inclination towards consulting, but was open-minded and ready to take a more active role in charting my career path. I am confident that LBS was the best decision for broadening my perspective and maturing my view of the corporate world.

Being an Australian who had undertaken a semester exchange in London during my undergraduate studies, I felt that continuing life in this eclectic city would be enriching and immerse me in international perspectives. After catching up recently with my MiM friends in Copenhagen and reflecting on our time at LBS, we all agree that the experience made us feel comfortable and excel in applying for positions/networking and avoid being a deer in the headlights during interviews.

Not only were there a plethora of resources on offer, but it was evident through the numerous touchpoints and one-on-one sessions that the staff teams and broader community were backing us wholeheartedly. I am pleased to say this continued throughout COVID (which impacted the second half of my MiM) with ongoing career support and social activities.

The opportunity to surround myself with talented and motivated students, including the wisdom of MBA/senior career students, stood out relative to other Master’s programmes. I regularly took the opportunity to formally practice consulting cases with current consultants undertaking their MBAs. This was an excellent resource orchestrated by the Career Centre and paved the way for more informal practice. I was also able to take electives which are taught cross-programme (for example, I undertook classes on strategic negotiation and new venture development), which enabled me to work alongside more senior career professionals such as EMBA students. This exposure gave me more insight into alternative career paths and working in diverse teams.

Throughout the year, the vast student club network provided ample opportunities for enriching my time at LBS, including networking. For example, I took a committee member position in the Out in Business club, which allowed me to meet a range of inspiring individuals and learn more about LGBT+ in the workplace. I am still engaged with the club to this day, having attended the latest EUROUT conference last November. Another enriching highlight of the programme was the Global Experience where I went to San Francisco to learn about tech/entrepreneurship, including visiting the Salesforce headquarters and meeting start-up founders in Silicon Valley.

I am pleased to say that the culmination of these experiences meant that less was left to luck during my career search and facilitated my offer and continued success at Analysys Mason, a leading management consultancy focused on telecommunications, media, and technology. I was able to come in as a graduate with a base of professionalism, strategic thinking, and business acumen that I could bring to the day-to-day, which allowed me to hit the ground running and make a good impression with the team. Analysys Mason has a close relationship with LBS, involving regular representation at on-campus career fairs and a private information session. It feels rewarding to have come full cycle when representing the firm to current MiM students.

Written By, Sabre Konidaris, MiM2020
SVP
SVP
Send PM
IS IT TOO LATE TO APPLY? OUR TOP TIPS ON APPLYING IN THE LATER ROUNDS [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: IS IT TOO LATE TO APPLY? OUR TOP TIPS ON APPLYING IN THE LATER ROUNDS
By Carine Defoe (Student Recruitment Manager, Masters in Finance)

Thinking about pursuing a Masters in Finance (MiF) programme at a world-renowned Business School?  Wondering whether you’ve missed your opportunity to join in 2024?

By way of introduction, I’m Carine, the Student Recruitment Manager for the MiF programmes here at London Business School, and I’m here to tell you that it is NOT too late to apply!

Here are some top tips and words of encouragement from myself and some of our esteemed MiF Student Ambassadors:

• Get in contact – Connect with the MiF Recruitment and Admissions team by submitting your profile here.  If we believe that you are suited to the MiF programme we will arrange a consultation with you. In addition, ensure your CV is clear and well presented. That means it should be achievement-focused (rather than listing your responsibilities), concise and confined to a single page. You should try not to leave any gaps in your professional experience. 

Please see our 1 page CV template here.

2. Essay questions

• Be clear in articulating your motivations for wanting to join the programme – why the MiF, why LBS, why now?

• Clearly think through your career goals and aspirations, are they realistic? Have you thought of a plan B? Is this right programme for you to achieve those goals?

• Reference some core courses and electives, particularly those that align with your goals and aspirations.

• Talk about how you may see yourself contributing to classroom discussions and the wider LBS community. Are there any student clubs or societies that you are keen to join?

• Highlight any relevant leadership and international exposure you may have acquired and elaborate on how this will add value to the student community.

• Be authentic – Don’t tell us what you think the Admissions Committee want to hear, tell us your unique story!

3. Do your research

Here are some words of advice from our MiFFT2024 and MiFPT2025 Student Ambassadors:

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Seraj-Aljuhani-–-MiFFT2024.jpg[/img]

Seraj Aljuhani – MiFFT2024

“Applying in the later rounds to a prestigious university like London Business School may seem daunting and scary, but don’t let that deter you from pursuing your ambition. I applied in the fourth round for the full-time Masters in Finance 2024 program, and now, I am writing to you as a Student Ambassador. If you believe you have what it takes to join the LBS network and engage with the smart business enthusiasts here, then late and early round applications are very much alike, and your chances are still robust. Educate yourself on why LBS is the right place for you by reaching out to the people in the network—students, alumni, and faculty. You’ll be positively surprised by their willingness to share insights and offer support. Go for it with confidence and curiosity!”

Tarek Andari – MiFPT2025

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Tarek-Andari-–-MiFPT2025.jpg[/img]

“Advice and reflections from my own final round application experiences. Firstly, a generic piece of advice would be to solely focus on enjoying the journey from the minute you learn about the MiF programme at LBS, irrespective of the round you are in.

My journey started by networking with alumni that undertook similar experiences and a coffee chat in the City with a member of the recruitment team. I immediately noticed the cultural and professional diversity of each of my newly formed relationships and would advise you to think about this as the School is keen to hear about the diversity you will bring to class and campus. The discussions offered valuable insights into the structure of the programme, navigating full-time work with part-time studies and the vast global network of thought leaders within the LBS community. “Coffee Chat” is a term you will quickly get accustomed to when joining the School, so why not start now and see for yourself how diverse and receptive the LBS community (incl. Student Ambassadors and Alumni) truly is. There are opportunities to also attend a live class and network with current students, which I would highly recommend.

These steps massively helped in enhancing my admissions essays and ensured a smooth transition into the programme. Lastly, if you’re passionate about finance, then this is the programme for you.”

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Kojo-Kwakwa-–-MiFFT2024-731x1024.jpg[/img]

Kojo Kwakwa – MiFFT2024

“Worried about applying in the later rounds? Don’t be. As a current Student Ambassador who has had multiple interactions with the Recruitment and Admissions (R&A) Team through the year, I have come to understand, and I can assure you: when you apply does not have as much of a bearing on your application result as you may think. It’s not about when you apply but how well you do it. Your application’s quality should be your main priority.

So, put your best self forward, no matter the round. Engage with the MiF R&A Team—they’re incredibly supportive. Attend a webinar, explore the programme on the School’s website, and articulate clearly why the MiF at LBS is the right fit for you in your application.

Remember, authenticity shines brightest, and the timing of your application doesn’t define its value. Best of luck!”

So, if you’ve read this and are keen on studying for a Masters in Finance, you have a few weeks before the final deadline for the Full-time programme and still a couple of rounds to go for the Part-time programme.

You can find our deadline calendar for the Full-time programme here and for the Part-time programme here.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
IS IT TOO LATE TO APPLY TO THE MASTERS IN FINANCE? OUR TOP TIPS FOR AP [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiF Admissions Blog: IS IT TOO LATE TO APPLY TO THE MASTERS IN FINANCE? OUR TOP TIPS FOR APPLYING IN THE LATER ROUNDS
By Carine Defoe (Student Recruitment Manager, Masters in Finance)

Thinking about pursuing a Masters in Finance (MiF) programme at a world-renowned Business School?  Wondering whether you’ve missed your opportunity to join in 2024?

By way of introduction, I’m Carine, the Student Recruitment Manager for the MiF programmes here at London Business School, and I’m here to tell you that it is NOT too late to apply!

Here are some top tips and words of encouragement from myself and some of our esteemed MiF Student Ambassadors:

• Get in contact – Connect with the MiF Recruitment and Admissions team by submitting your profile here.  If we believe that you are suited to the MiF programme we will arrange a consultation with you. In addition, ensure your CV is clear and well presented. That means it should be achievement-focused (rather than listing your responsibilities), concise and confined to a single page. You should try not to leave any gaps in your professional experience. 

Please see our 1 page CV template here.

2. Essay questions

• Be clear in articulating your motivations for wanting to join the programme – why the MiF, why LBS, why now?

• Clearly think through your career goals and aspirations, are they realistic? Have you thought of a plan B? Is this right programme for you to achieve those goals?

• Reference some core courses and electives, particularly those that align with your goals and aspirations.

• Talk about how you may see yourself contributing to classroom discussions and the wider LBS community. Are there any student clubs or societies that you are keen to join?

• Highlight any relevant leadership and international exposure you may have acquired and elaborate on how this will add value to the student community.

• Be authentic – Don’t tell us what you think the Admissions Committee want to hear, tell us your unique story!

3. Do your research

Here are some words of advice from our MiFFT2024 and MiFPT2025 Student Ambassadors:

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Seraj-Aljuhani-–-MiFFT2024.jpg[/img]

Seraj Aljuhani – MiFFT2024

“Applying in the later rounds to a prestigious university like London Business School may seem daunting and scary, but don’t let that deter you from pursuing your ambition. I applied in the fourth round for the full-time Masters in Finance 2024 program, and now, I am writing to you as a Student Ambassador. If you believe you have what it takes to join the LBS network and engage with the smart business enthusiasts here, then late and early round applications are very much alike, and your chances are still robust. Educate yourself on why LBS is the right place for you by reaching out to the people in the network—students, alumni, and faculty. You’ll be positively surprised by their willingness to share insights and offer support. Go for it with confidence and curiosity!”

Tarek Andari – MiFPT2025

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Tarek-Andari-–-MiFPT2025.jpg[/img]

“Advice and reflections from my own final round application experiences. Firstly, a generic piece of advice would be to solely focus on enjoying the journey from the minute you learn about the MiF programme at LBS, irrespective of the round you are in.

My journey started by networking with alumni that undertook similar experiences and a coffee chat in the City with a member of the recruitment team. I immediately noticed the cultural and professional diversity of each of my newly formed relationships and would advise you to think about this as the School is keen to hear about the diversity you will bring to class and campus. The discussions offered valuable insights into the structure of the programme, navigating full-time work with part-time studies and the vast global network of thought leaders within the LBS community. “Coffee Chat” is a term you will quickly get accustomed to when joining the School, so why not start now and see for yourself how diverse and receptive the LBS community (incl. Student Ambassadors and Alumni) truly is. There are opportunities to also attend a live class and network with current students, which I would highly recommend.

These steps massively helped in enhancing my admissions essays and ensured a smooth transition into the programme. Lastly, if you’re passionate about finance, then this is the programme for you.”

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Kojo-Kwakwa-–-MiFFT2024-731x1024.jpg[/img]

Kojo Kwakwa – MiFFT2024

“Worried about applying in the later rounds? Don’t be. As a current Student Ambassador who has had multiple interactions with the Recruitment and Admissions (R&A) Team through the year, I have come to understand, and I can assure you: when you apply does not have as much of a bearing on your application result as you may think. It’s not about when you apply but how well you do it. Your application’s quality should be your main priority.

So, put your best self forward, no matter the round. Engage with the MiF R&A Team—they’re incredibly supportive. Attend a webinar, explore the programme on the School’s website, and articulate clearly why the MiF at LBS is the right fit for you in your application.

Remember, authenticity shines brightest, and the timing of your application doesn’t define its value. Best of luck!”

So, if you’ve read this and are keen on studying for a Masters in Finance, you have a few weeks before the final deadline for the Full-time programme and still a couple of rounds to go for the Part-time programme.

You can find our deadline calendar for the Full-time programme here and for the Part-time programme here.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Exploring Tomorrows Leaders: IESE Master in Management International M [#permalink]
FROM IESE MiM Blog: Exploring Tomorrow’s Leaders: IESE Master in Management International Module in New York
As part of the IESE Master in Management program, students recently embarked on an exhilarating journey to the lively metropolis of New York City. This international module, held in March 2024 on the vibrant Manhattan IESE campus, proved to be an immersive experience, blending academic rigor with cultural exploration and professional networking. Nearly 100 students,...

Read More

The post Exploring Tomorrow’s Leaders: IESE Master in Management International Module in New York first appeared on The MiM Blog | IESE Business School.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Exploring the Pulse: LBS Student Club Adventures [#permalink]
FROM LBS MiM Admissions Blog: Exploring the Pulse: LBS Student Club Adventures

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees%2Fstudent-alumni-and-ambassadors%2Fsmilla-hogh][img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/smilla-150x150.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees%2Fstudent-alumni-and-ambassadors%2Fsmilla-hogh][b]Smillia Hogh[/b][/url], [b]MiM2024[/b]

I joined the [url=https://clubs.london.edu/icc/home/][b]Impact Consulting Club[/b][/url] not only to have a positive impact on issues which I care about, but also to gain experience in working on consulting projects in teams. More specifically, the Club offers the opportunity to participate in “term projects”, a 10-week long initiative in which teams of 4-6 students work with 10 real clients to solve their strategic business problems. These projects are furthermore led by experienced MBA strategy consultants from Bain & Co. 

Along with my team made up of 7 students, we developed a funding strategy for an NGO based in Venezuela providing financial and psychological aid to children with cancer. For 10 weeks starting in October, we carried out regular meetings with the client to determine their specific funding needs, developed the initial analysis of the NGO’s current situation, analysed approaches of comparable NGOs, and ultimately established a short-, mid-, and long-term funding strategy adapted to their specific needs.

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/consulting-club-150x150.png[/img]

Throughout the project, we checked-in with our mentor at Bain & Co, where we were given specific feedback from an experienced professional to improve our approach and deliver the best possible project to the client. We ultimately presented the final project to the client as well as Bain & Co in November. It was truly a unique experience, as my team and I were able to collectively contribute to a positive impact for the children and the NGO, as it will allow more children suffering from cancer to have access to financial and psychological help from the NGO. Furthermore, it allowed my team and I to develop our consulting and teamwork skills by delivering a project under time pressure.  

Furthermore, my interest in the consulting field led me to join the [url=https://clubs.london.edu/consultingclub/about/][b]Consulting Club[/b][/url], as it offers many resources for training and development such as mock interviews, organizes international events with consulting firms, and coordinates case competitions. For instance, the Consulting Club organized a “Case Interview Foundations” webinar, in which Octavio Figueroa, a former McKinsey consultant, gave the audience many insights as to how to approach case interviews and what case interviewers are seeking in candidates. During the class, we were also able to work through live case examples and receive feedback from a coach. This case preparation class was very useful to enhance case interview skills and get tailored feedback from a professional within the industry.  

So far, my participation in student clubs has allowed me to gain many insights both personally and professionally, and I look forward to participating in many more events organized by LBS student clubs.  

[b][url=https://www.linkedin.com/in/pongpol-anuntasilpa-77a8a5157/?originalSubdomain=th]Pongpol Anuntasilpa[/url], MAM2024[/b]

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/1696892198825-150x150.jpg[/img]

After joining the[b] [url=https://www.lbstechmedia.co.uk/]Tech & Media Club[/url][/b], [url=https://eclublbs.com/][b]Entrepreneurship Club[/b][/url], Music Club and Data & AI Association, I knew I had found communities that aligned with both my passions and career ambitions. But I didn’t fully appreciate how joining these clubs would lead me to some of my most meaningful experiences at LBS. 

Through the clubs, I’ve been able to attend events and connect with industry leaders that I never imagined possible in a classroom setting. For example, I attended Tech@LBS, a massive three-day tech conference organized by my Tech Club. Picture this—speakers from Google, https://gmatclub.com/chat, Revolut, and dozens of other cutting-edge companies sharing insights and doing deep dives about the future of technology. 

I also have joined LBS Digital Bootcamp and gained practical insights from executives at Google, Amazon, Meta, TikTok as well as the TMC Product Bootcamp. Through the Entrepreneurship Club, I attended their Legal 101 for entrepreneurs seminar by David Farquharson, Founder of London Law Collective. He covered the 10 most common legal mistakes made by startups and how to avoid them! Connecting with these experts across such a breadth of critical topics showed me what the entrepreneurial energy at LBS is really about. 

What made all these experiences so impactful was the people by my side through them. The clubs connected me to teammates, collaborators, friends and mentors from among our class of nearly 2,000 students from 90+ countries. I now have a global support network spanning functions, industries and cultures that I can always turn to.

[b][url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees%2Fstudent-alumni-and-ambassadors%2Fpaul-gabard]Paul Gabard[/url],[/b] [b]MFA2024[/b]

[url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees%2Fstudent-alumni-and-ambassadors%2Fpaul-gabard][img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/paul-150x150.jpg[/img][/url]

Before starting my journey at LBS, I had heard about the vibrant community and the multitude of opportunities it offers. Now, as I immerse myself in the [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/activities-clubs-and-groups][b]diverse club culture[/b][/url] here, my experiences have not only confirmed but also enriched this understanding. My involvement in various clubs has been a cornerstone of my LBS experience, bringing tales of adventure, learning, and impactful community engagement.

The [url=https://clubs.london.edu/volunteers/about/#:~:text=Community%20Action%20Group%3A%20As%20a,to%20help%20the%20local%20community.][b]Volunteers Club at LBS[/b][/url] is a place where the spirit of giving and community service converges, offering a profound counterbalance to the rigour of academic and professional pursuits. In this club, we don’t just talk about making a difference; we actively engage in initiatives that transform lives. One of my favourite aspects of being part of this club is our involvement with the charity Wings of Hope. As a member of the partnerships team within the club’s ExCo, I get to maintain and build relationships with existing and prospective charities and organisations.  

As part of the club, I was given the opportunity to volunteer to prepare and give a CV and Interview workshop to teenagers, an experience that goes beyond mere volunteerism. It’s about empowering the next generation, sharing knowledge and skills that can open doors to new opportunities for them. This isn’t just a chance to teach; it’s an opportunity to inspire and be inspired, to see the world from diverse perspectives, and to play a role in shaping future leaders. 

The club also spearheads various fundraising and donation drives, each event a testament to our commitment to social responsibility. Whether it’s organising charity runs, book sales, or community outreach programs, every activity is imbued with a sense of purpose. 

[img]https://admissionsblog.london.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/skiing-150x150.jpg[/img]

The [url=https://clubs.london.edu/snowclub/home/][b]Snow Club at LBS[/b][/url] is more than just a group of ski and snowboard enthusiasts; it’s a community where passion for winter sports unites us. Each year, we embark on the Snow Trek, this year it is an exhilarating one-week journey to Val Thorens, one of the largest and most prestigious ski destinations. Imagine going down slopes surrounded by fellow students who share your excitement for every turn and jump. It’s not just about mastering skiing or snowboarding; it’s about embracing the winter, bonding over shared experiences, and creating memories that last beyond our time at LBS!  

These memories we create at Val Thorens are more than fleeting moments; these experiences are like threads that make up the Snow Club’s memories. Long after we have descended the last slope and packed away our gear, these memories will endure, a testament to the friendships forged. The Snow Club isn’t just a part of our academic journey; it’s a chapter in our personal growth, enjoying key moments with friends, and the joy of sharing passions. 

In conclusion, my club experiences at LBS haven’t just been about filling up my timetable; they have been about building a network and creating long-lasting friendships and memories. To anyone embarking on their LBS journey, remember this: find your clubs, find your community, and you just might find yourself.

For more information about our student clubs and communities, check out our website [url=https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees%2Factivities-clubs-and-groups][b]here.[/b][/url]

If you are thinking about getting application ready, then what’s stopping you? Get an informal review with our team before applying by getting in touch[b] [url=https://admissionsblog.london.edu/graduatemasters@london.edu]here[/url][/b]. We’d love to hear from you.
GMAT Club Bot
Exploring the Pulse: LBS Student Club Adventures [#permalink]
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts