Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 06:59 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 06:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 644344 [0]
Given Kudos: 86771
Send PM
DI Forum Moderator
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 745 [0]
Given Kudos: 1005
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V81 DI82
GMAT 1: 430 Q31 V19
GMAT 2: 570 Q44 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.26
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74329 [0]
Given Kudos: 20635
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
SN_09 wrote:
Hi, where can I access a good, comprehensive set of questions to revise Permutations/Combinations and Probability? Is there a readily accessible link for each topic in Quant that someone could share? Thanks!

Are you looking for PS or DS?
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ps-ques ... 27957.html

And have you looked at the Forum Quiz?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hello - is there a way to only extend legendary questions set on the gmatclub tests for a month?

^ Unsure, which pricing bucket that comes under, because the main set I already have an extension
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 98
Send PM
bb wrote:

Both. Thank you for sharing, this is very helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone have official gmat mock tests 3-6?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
statsguy13 wrote:
Does anyone have official gmat mock tests 3-6?

I don’t. But there’s discount in the website at the moment. Anyone wants to do group buying?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
BottomJee wrote:
Check out different debriefs of people who preferred self study- search.php?s ... tag_id=505

What is there in this infinite page? Can you briefly tell the reason of refering that page to SHRAVYA007?
DI Forum Moderator
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 745 [0]
Given Kudos: 1005
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q82 V81 DI82
GMAT 1: 430 Q31 V19
GMAT 2: 570 Q44 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.26
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
OmarYar wrote:
What is there in this infinite page? Can you briefly tell the reason of refering that page to SHRAVYA007?

This page contains the list of debriefs given by people who have already taken the GMAT exams. You can see tags below every post to check whether it is for a self-study brief, a prep course, or a GMAT classic/ FE. I haven’t referred any debriefs to anyone. One should go through as many as possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I am not getting any GMAT OG option in the gmat practice Test .can someone pls help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello everyone. I would be obliged if you take a look at my profile and help me with my decision.
I am a 32-year Male working as a Class B Government Officer in the Central Secretariat Service, Government of India. I briefly worked as an Auditor in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. I have worked in different Sections in my entire career of 8 years. The brief of my role is as follows:
vi) Audit of the Public Works Department Projects
vii) Coordination with Different Departments of Government of India
viii) Finance Division of the Government
ix) Looking after a Centrally sponsored scheme which gives grants to Universities in India for Research Projects
x) Recruitment of Scientists in Government of India
My Educational Qualifications are:
v) Class X-92%
vi) Class XII-91.2% (Science Background)
vii) B. Sc. (Hons.)-Mathematics-50.5%
viii) MA (Public Administration)-68%

One of the main reasons I want to go after MBA is upskilling myself because there is a Glass Ceiling which you hit after a certain age in the Government Sector. The job that I have is comfortable but there is little opportunity to grow. I would want to grow in my career and have a feeling of achievement by getting in a top B School to be a better version of myself. The other reason is that in Private Sector the remuneration is considerably higher than the Government and this is a big motivation for me as I am an honest Government Officer. My Wife is a Government Officer too so I don’t have to worry about the financial instability while I am doing an MBA.
Please let me know whether:
vii) Whether an MBA at this age makes sense?
viii) Is my profile suitable for doing an MBA?
ix) What are the challenges that I may face considering that I have zero exposure of working in the Private Sector?
x) What can an average person make after the MBA from a good B School? I earn around 12 lacs per year right now.
xi) How much time is realistically required for preparation?
xii) My Job provides me a Good Work Life balance. How difficult is it to attain in a Private Job after MBA?
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 644344 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
shvmtyagi66 wrote:
Hello everyone. I would be obliged if you take a look at my profile and help me with my decision.
I am a 32-year Male working as a Class B Government Officer in the Central Secretariat Service, Government of India. I briefly worked as an Auditor in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. I have worked in different Sections in my entire career of 8 years. The brief of my role is as follows:
vi) Audit of the Public Works Department Projects
vii) Coordination with Different Departments of Government of India
viii) Finance Division of the Government
ix) Looking after a Centrally sponsored scheme which gives grants to Universities in India for Research Projects
x) Recruitment of Scientists in Government of India
My Educational Qualifications are:
v) Class X-92%
vi) Class XII-91.2% (Science Background)
vii) B. Sc. (Hons.)-Mathematics-50.5%
viii) MA (Public Administration)-68%

One of the main reasons I want to go after MBA is upskilling myself because there is a Glass Ceiling which you hit after a certain age in the Government Sector. The job that I have is comfortable but there is little opportunity to grow. I would want to grow in my career and have a feeling of achievement by getting in a top B School to be a better version of myself. The other reason is that in Private Sector the remuneration is considerably higher than the Government and this is a big motivation for me as I am an honest Government Officer. My Wife is a Government Officer too so I don’t have to worry about the financial instability while I am doing an MBA.
Please let me know whether:
ix) What are the challenges that I may face considering that I have zero exposure of working in the Private Sector?
x) What can an average person make after the MBA from a good B School? I earn around 12 lacs per year right now.
xii) My Job provides me a Good Work Life balance. How difficult is it to attain in a Private Job after MBA?

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.

Dive into these resources and empower your journey towards your dream B-School. If you have any further queries or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Happy evaluating!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 183 [0]
Given Kudos: 237
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: NUS
GPA: 3.49
WE:Operations (Finance)
Send PM
shvmtyagi66 wrote:

Hi, shvmtyagi66!

I'm the wrong person to comment on anyone's profile, but I thought I'd take a stab at your questions just in case the profile evaluators don't.

vii) Yes! Many people do an MBA in their early to late thirties, it's not unheard of. Though I'm not sure how many of them are looking to pivot sectors.
viii) Loads of schools boast about diversity in their classrooms. Doctors, athletes, musicians and entrepreneurs can also do MBAs.
ix) All I can think of is the possibility of facing difficulties cracking the GMAT and having to be really competitive to secure a post-MBA job.
x) It depends on the field and company you join and at what designation. Another important factor is which school you graduate from. But I can almost guarantee that even an average MBA programme will secure you a higher package provided you land a job at a decent firm.
xi) I think the average GMAT prep takes 3-4 months, some do it in 1 while others do it in 6. But applications will require time and dedication over and above this because, at the end of the day, they're an elaborate sales pitch on why a B-School should admit you. I'd personally give it at least a month.
xii) I will not lie, corporate roles are notorious for bad work-life balance. Very few of us are lucky enough to enjoy a decent balance between the two. If you're aiming for Indian schools, securing a job should be more straightforward (not necessarily easier) as they have dedicated placement drives. The top schools boast of nearly 100% placement within 3 months of graduation, but what most people miss out on is that it's the result of at least a year's worth of effort. Foreign B-schools will leave placements to your ability to network with recruiters.

Quick disclaimer - the above is solely based on my personal research and understanding after interacting with limited consultants, current students, alums and AdCom members. This is to give you a starting point, I'd really recommend doing your own due diligence that's tailored to your wants and needs. Either way, I hope this helps! All the best.

Thanks,
Sim
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi ,

May I know where can I get the sectional test
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi. I just joined and I’ve been looking at the forum questions. Does anyone know why I don’t see the answer choices for DS questions?
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 644344 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
jaysea wrote:
Hi. I just joined and I’ve been looking at the forum questions. Does anyone know why I don’t see the answer choices for DS questions?

We usually omit those. Options for DS questions are always the same.

The data sufficiency problem consists of a question and two statements, labeled (1) and (2), in which certain data are given. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the question. Using the data given in the statements, plus your knowledge of mathematics and everyday facts (such as the number of days in July or the meaning of the word counterclockwise), you must indicate whether—

A. Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
B. Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
C. BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
E. Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.

I suggest you to go through the following post ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
Kudos
jaysea wrote:

once u start answering a bunch of them, u will get used to not having to look at them and just use AD/BCE
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 1545
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Hi, I have a query regarding cancellation of scores while attempting classic version. If in case we cancel our scores at the test centre would that be consider a part of our Gmat attempt or not? Someone pls provide clarification on this doubt. Thanks!

Hi, I have a query regarding cancellation of scores while attempting classic version. If in case we cancel our scores at the test centre would that be consider a part of our Gmat attempt or not? Someone pls provide clarification on this doubt. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hey, your attempt will still be counted
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  162   163   164   165   166  ...  274