Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:31 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
jerseygirl wrote:
I must be a heck of a borderline applicant. Four days left now (if the adcom correctly puts my application in the on-time pile). Wonder what the database count is....I am gonna guess around 350.

Comfort Jerseygirl, maybe those Langone adcom folks are scared by your 720 GMAT and thought you are overqualified. : )

Never heard an applicant with 700+ GMAT would get dinged by Langone. So no worries.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
man, my GMAT is 760, but I am still waiting. GMAT does not mean all~
I still have my finger crossed.

Whylangone wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:
I must be a heck of a borderline applicant. Four days left now (if the adcom correctly puts my application in the on-time pile). Wonder what the database count is....I am gonna guess around 350.

Comfort Jerseygirl, maybe those Langone adcom folks are scared by your 720 GMAT and thought you are overqualified. : )

Never heard an applicant with 700+ GMAT would get dinged by Langone. So no worries.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
holdontoit wrote:
man, my GMAT is 760, but I am still waiting. GMAT does not mean all~
I still have my finger crossed.

Whylangone wrote:
jerseygirl wrote:

This further proves my thought. Langone would think if they admit you, you might eventually go for Chicago GSB, Columbia... so that they would lose another 100K + revenue on their income statement.

(Having said that, I still think the good news for you will still arrive by 8/1. All the best.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:

Dude, it's clear you're a hater but I have no idea why. Did you get dinged by the Langone Adcom or something? Also, get your facts straight:

Dinged June 18th
kievdave
720 (48Q 41V; AWA: 6)
Two simultaneous BA's from Columbia (Poli. Sci.) and a religious school
Both GPA's 3.1
WE: 2 years in legal
Demo: Ukrainian-American (see nick)
Extra-curr.: One activity for 6+ years in Russian community, directly related to what I want to do but not profitable at this time. Just founded my own group at Columbia, so leadership there.

I had a 740 on the GMAT which is pretty freakin close to 760 as far as impressiveness. They weren't too scared to let me in. I submitted my application the night of 5/15 and was admitted on 6/4. I'm looking forward to my first class education at Langone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Quote:

Dude, it's clear you're a hater but I have no idea why. Did you get dinged by the Langone Adcom or something? Also, get your facts straight:

Thanks CFACharterholder22 for the reply and info. I am glad you didn't get mad by what I said. I think this is the right attitude and merit for a future leader, who has the heart and capability to tolerate and even listen to different opinions/viewpoints, although such voices might not be that sweet. : )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Whylangone wrote:
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks CFACharterholder22 for the reply and info. I am glad you didn't get mad by what I said. I think this is the right attitude and merit for a future leader, who has the heart and capability to tolerate and even listen to different opinions/viewpoints, although such voices might not be that sweet. : )

Me, GMAT 750, still waiting, weekend opition. Jerseygirl, you are not alone.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Should I give both of you a time-out? Please stay on topic, and I don't mean sarcastically.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone have the new database count?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got a call from NYU EMBA admission director. She told me that Langone admission director showed her a list of candidates that may fit into EMBA program. She suggested me to move my application from Langone waitlist to their program. She said I am a good fit for the EMBA program.

I had a long discussion with my boss and planned out my schedule for the year. I actually got an OK from him to take every other Fri. off. However, based on our HR policy, we don't sponsor EMBA.... I can't justify to pay 140k for this program while I can join Fordham for zero. =(

Good luck for everyone who are still waiting!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Whylangone wrote:
merit for a future leader

Fire this guy from the forum for wasting our time ! Everytime I see an increment on the number of message I think someone's posted a meaningful message and then we have to read his messages....

Keep your opinions to yourself....we heard you once....and know what you feel about part-time MBA's....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
mbanewyorker wrote:
I got a call from NYU EMBA admission director. She told me that Langone admission director showed her a list of candidates that may fit into EMBA program. She suggested me to move my application from Langone waitlist to their program. She said I am a good fit for the EMBA program.

I had a long discussion with my boss and planned out my schedule for the year. I actually got an OK from him to take every other Fri. off. However, based on our HR policy, we don't sponsor EMBA.... I can't justify to pay 140k for this program while I can join Fordham for zero. =(

They might still take you in....you are still in the game....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
langonefall08 wrote:
mbanewyorker wrote:

Hi, just curious, how can you join Fordham free? thank you for sharing info.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbanewyorker wrote:

Wow, interesting outcome. At least they liked you!

If you're already well established, and you're not trying to do something very new, like switch careers, than a Fordham MBA will probably offer the best ROI. Fordham's program left a good impression on me, and it's a great school, however I didn't like the 70 credits thing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hi all,

i just thought i'd throw my two cents in. i personally don't think that GPA and GMAT are all that matter in gaining admission. i do think that adcom looks at your application as a whole and looks for well-rounded and diverse individuals who stand out from the crowd. i got in with a 700 GMAT (horrible math score, btw, but my verbal score was excellent, hence the 700) and a 2.9 GPA on may 28th.

BUT i think that my essays were really really good (in fact, i think they rocked), especially my personal expression essay. so i do believe that they look at the application as a whole, not just the numbers. in my opinion, when looking at an applicant pool of ok to great GMAT/GPA, the essays are what really matter and what make an applicant unique or not so unique.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
welldone2008 wrote:
langonefall08 wrote:
mbanewyorker wrote:

Hi, just curious, how can you join Fordham free? thank you for sharing info.

I presume that his job will pay for any part time program, but not for an E-MBA.
So he has to choose between NYU's E-MBA, which he'd have to pay tuition, or Fordham's regular MBA, which his job would pay.

160K is a lot out of pocket for the NYU name. May be worth it if your 25 y/o and going full time... but if you have an established career, might not be worth it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
nyu08 wrote:
hi all,

i just thought i'd throw my two cents in. i personally don't think that GPA and GMAT are all that matter in gaining admission. i do think that adcom looks at your application as a whole and looks for well-rounded and diverse individuals who stand out from the crowd. i got in with a 700 GMAT (horrible math score, btw, but my verbal score was excellent, hence the 700) and a 2.9 GPA on may 28th.

BUT i think that my essays were really really good (in fact, i think they rocked), especially my personal expression essay. so i do believe that they look at the application as a whole, not just the numbers. in my opinion, when looking at an applicant pool of ok to great GMAT/GPA, the essays are what really matter and what make an applicant unique or not so unique.

Good post.
I think the same was true for me...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got my email. Dinged. :cry: :cry: :cry:

profile: M-I-T
680/3.8
Age 28. 5 WE in Medical Technolgy Field. (recently promoted to a project manager)
Recos: Excellent.
application: On the last date. 3rd Essay not creative.
Weekend Only.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38   39   40  ...  60