It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 19:08
langonefall2008 wrote:
I did the exam a couple of weeks ago and it is extremely easy. GOt 100% without studying. Definetly easier than the gmat.

nycUWS wrote:
I was planning on studying for the math test, but since you're not timed, and you can enter and exit the test as often as you like (saving your answers as you go), I decided to take a look at it on Sunday just to see what I should study for. The first couple questions were so easy I just started answering them and ended up finishing and easily passing Sunday afternoon.

How much time did it take for you guys to complete that Quant Test and how many questions are there in it?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 19:15
metiko wrote:
Hey NYUo8, when did you get your NETID? I am still waiting for mine. Can you register before you get your KROLL verification, can you register and find out your Core group as soon as you get your netid?

Hey Metiko-

My NetID did not show up in the Net ID portion of the website nor the student database, however, I went directly to the registration section and it was there. Check it out to see if that applies to you, as well. I was admitted last Wednesday and was already able to register today after receiving my financial aid award.

Anyone have any guess as to what your chances of getting into your first core group will be for the weeknight option?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 19:22
mbaatbigapple wrote:
How much time did it take for you guys to complete that Quant Test and how many questions are there in it?

I didn't time it, but I think it took 60 to 90 minutes. There were something like 37 questions, with weights of 2, 3 or 4 points each (for a total of 100). If you don't feel like looking something up, you can just add up the points you're sure of and once you're above 80 you can relax on the rest. I was sure of all but one 3-pointer; I guessed on it and got it wrong, but of course had enough points "in the bag" to pass.

As for the NetID question, I paid my deposit by e-Check and had my NetID the next day (the day after receiving my registration packet via USPS, which was a week after notification of admission via e-mail).

nyu08 - when did you submit your information to Kroll? You were admitted a long time ago, so I'm assuming it's been over a month...?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 19:39
thank you all for your responses regarding the health records and quant test. i will contact the health office to have them send me the forms. as for the test, i haven't taken a math course in a long time (8 yrs. or more), so i'm a bit rusty but hoping it's not so bad.

as for when i sent in the kroll forms, it's been so long, i don't remember, but most definitely over a month ago, maybe going on 6 weeks...now that nyu is sending out notification, i'm sure that everyone will hear back soon regarding kroll.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 20:01
Thank you SternPT. I just checked and my netid is not up yet, but since I only received my acceptance last Wednesday, I am sure it will be up soon. As for the health records, I believe you can print the forms from the health service website and bring it to your doctor. Has anyone else done that? I, personally, am very excited about getting my meningitis shot on Friday.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 20:14
metiko wrote:
As for the health records, I believe you can print the forms from the health service website and bring it to your doctor. Has anyone else done that? I, personally, am very excited about getting my meningitis shot on Friday.

The Health Center website specifically says that the New Student Health History form is NOT available online. I too had printed off from the internet (reg_mmrform.pdf or something like that) but the actual form I received in mail was totally different (in this one, we have to fill circles by shading, like exam answer sheets). It's best to just call them and get it mailed to your address to avoid a second trip to the doc to get the 'official' form filled out.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2008, 20:27
Thank you

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 05:52
I have a question for those of who you went through kroll verification. There is a discrepancy in my title that my company will verify employment against vs. what was in my application. My company has titles based upon department names, not the actual work title. I spoke to my company and they are going to write me a letter explaining that it is the same title and same level, its just how my company does things.

My question is should i send this letter to NYU adcom, or should i send it to Kroll. I just started the kroll process yesterday.

Any thoughts on this.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 06:13
Quote:
hi all,

for those admitted who are waiting on the status of the verification process, i just received an email from decisions@stern.nyu.edu that said the following within the email:

"Welcome to the NYU Stern Langone Program! We have received your
enrollment deposit and your verification process has been satisfactorily
completed. We are thrilled that you are part of our community."

I got this e-mail yesterday too. It went into my spam folder so I didn't know about it until this morning. Anyone who started the process more than a month ago should get this e-mail soon. Those who just started should expect something in the neighborhood of 3 weeks of waiting after they begin. Even though I wasn't worried about it, I have to admit it was annoying to wait that long to get my final confirmation that I'm *officially* in. I'm happy that the wait is over.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 06:24
empire wrote:
I have a question for those of who you went through kroll verification. There is a discrepancy in my title that my company will verify employment against vs. what was in my application. My company has titles based upon department names, not the actual work title. I spoke to my company and they are going to write me a letter explaining that it is the same title and same level, its just how my company does things.

My question is should i send this letter to NYU adcom, or should i send it to Kroll. I just started the kroll process yesterday.

Any thoughts on this.

Don't worry about this at all!

On the Kroll form that's sent to your employer, there is a checkbox that says, "If reported title is different, are they equivalent?" As long as this is checked, you should be good to go.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 06:45
Tenore thanks, I guess I will just keep the letter with me in case there are any issues.

Tenore wrote:
empire wrote:

Any thoughts on this.

Don't worry about this at all!

On the Kroll form that's sent to your employer, there is a checkbox that says, "If reported title is different, are they equivalent?" As long as this is checked, you should be good to go.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 06:49
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Quote:
hi all,

for those admitted who are waiting on the status of the verification process, i just received an email from decisions@stern.nyu.edu that said the following within the email:

"Welcome to the NYU Stern Langone Program! We have received your
enrollment deposit and your verification process has been satisfactorily
completed. We are thrilled that you are part of our community."

I got this e-mail yesterday too. It went into my spam folder so I didn't know about it until this morning. Anyone who started the process more than a month ago should get this e-mail soon. Those who just started should expect something in the neighborhood of 3 weeks of waiting after they begin. Even though I wasn't worried about it, I have to admit it was annoying to wait that long to get my final confirmation that I'm *officially* in. I'm happy that the wait is over.

yes, i completely agree. it feels more real after receiving the letter (finally!).

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 06:59
empire wrote:

Any thoughts on this.

i don't think you should worry about this either. but if you want to send the letter to someone, i would send it to the NYU adcom (admchair@stern.nyu.edu) because they are the ones who will double-check the kroll findings with whatever info they have (application, updates to app, etc.), especially if there are any discrepancies. i, myself, had to send them an update to my app, since my salary changed, and i was worried about kroll and discrepancies. but they were very helpful and emailed me to tell me that they would be sure to place it in my file.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 08:24
Another waiting day begins....

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 08:26
This post received
KUDOS
I updated the candidate pool of our thread and it is located here:

p474295#p474295

I also updated the ranks file which shows the quality of undergraduate institutions of the admitted candidates. I added a box in cell K30 to show the country of origin for all of the people who went to a foreign undergraduate institution. Not surprisingly, India is #1 with 20 out of the 53 admits who studied outside of the US. Enjoy!

p494692#p494692

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Kudos [?]: 16 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 08:39
Thank you! It is an interesting research indeed :)
You should go for Vanderbilt's Peabody's PhD of Education Administration 8-)

CFACharterholder22 wrote:
I updated the candidate pool of our thread and it is located here:

p474295#p474295

I also updated the ranks file which shows the quality of undergraduate institutions of the admitted candidates. I added a box in cell K30 to show the country of origin for all of the people who went to a foreign undergraduate institution. Not surprisingly, India is #1 with 20 out of the 53 admits who studied outside of the US. Enjoy!

p494692#p494692

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 09:08
Of 53 people who have shared their profiles on this thread, 38 have gotten a response from NYU (thx to Cfacharter for the data). 17, either are still waiting, or have gotten a response but just did not post about it here. I wonder how many really are just waiting..

Less than 3 days to go, and still not a blip from adcoms..

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 09:18
I guess that we will see many dings on the deadline date.

yubjun wrote:
Of 53 people who have shared their profiles on this thread, 38 have gotten a response from NYU (thx to Cfacharter for the data). 17, either are still waiting, or have gotten a response but just did not post about it here. I wonder how many really are just waiting..

Less than 3 days to go, and still not a blip from adcoms..

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 10:28
Guys, question here: if the deposit is received, will there be an update on the check-status website? How do I know if my check is received?

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2008, 11:21
bkk145 wrote:
Guys, question here: if the deposit is received, will there be an update on the check-status website? How do I know if my check is received?

Thanks.

The status check site will say "We are in receipt of your Enrollment Deposit."

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2008, 11:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42  ...  60    Next  [ 1200 posts ] 

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap