Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 15:42 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 15:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Send PM
Re: pls help [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
My recomendation would be to hunker down and get at least 2-3 second round applications in. I think you would find challenges in the third round, as your profile will not be as strong as others from your applicant pool. You could still try, but waiting another year will likely not help you especially if your reasoning for waiting is that you simply got started too late in the application process this year. If you are interested in working in Europe or Asia, you might find some of the European b-schools more forgiving of your longer than average career and GMAT score. Check out IE business school, for example, as a backup...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks , i appreciate your time and valuable inputs, and your insights are helping to take my decision faster because i have to start my essays also and have only some time left.

I just thought to delay the process so that i can apply in the first round of next year, i have two Questions.

1) Do you think if i apply to a few in top 10 of US schools in the first round next year, i might stand for better chance than i apply in 2/3 round this year ?, delaying a year is logical only if i stand any chance considering my age ( will be 32 by the :( ) and my profile ( bachelors in business admin with strong leadership experience ) in the first round of next year ?

OR do you think i should apply in round 2/3 of this year and take chance ?

2) How do u see my profile for canadian b-schools e.g. rotman round 2, Queens / Schullich - round 2 and asian school like NUS/ NTU / CEIBS - Round 2 ?

3) How do u see my profile for 1y full time mba program at Kellog ? , again their third deadline is only left now :(

I understand this is subjective question and really depends on my preferences for schools etc. , but since i don't have more time left with me.

thanks very much again
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Again, much of it depends on what you would do with the next year. If you have some exciting career plans in store over the next 12 months, it might make sense to wait and to first round next year. If your reasoning for delaying is simply because you are worried about the competition for R2 and R3, that is probably not a good reason to delay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

thanks for your reply till now,

If i re-take and score 700, will it make difference ? , i mean can i apply in the first round with 700 to some of top 15 US schools or you think i should actually drop my idea for top 15 b-schools considering my age ?

I would appreciate and welcome honestly :) , i believe your frank reply will help me channel my efforts in the right way.

thakns
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes a 700 vs a 650 could indeed make a difference and with your 7-8 years of leadership experience, you could have a good shot at a top 15 school. Applications are definitely down this year, however, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least send out a couple of applications in r3 while you still can. You can still retake the GMAT and submit a new score after you have applied, as long as it's before they make their decision.
GMAT Club Bot