Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE:Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: UCLA Anderson 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Anyone encounters a submission payment problem?

Since the network is not stable today, after I paid the application fee and received the email billing as below and credit card smg that $200 has been charged, the website didn't successfully switch to the submission page. When I relogined and wanted to continue submission, it told me I need to pay again. Should I pay again or contact IT? The deadline is approaching...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anderson alums and current students: How many students actually get into M/B/B and AT Kearney after graduation? I ask because I do not see a Anderson-specific site at McKinsey (unlike other top programs), so that makes me a little worried about how an Anderson MBA is perceived by top management consulting firms.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
SOMguy wrote:
Anderson alums and current students: How many students actually get into M/B/B and AT Kearney after graduation? I ask because I do not see a Anderson-specific site at McKinsey (unlike other top programs), so that makes me a little worried about how an Anderson MBA is perceived by top management consulting firms.

I know an alumni who after graduation from UCLA, he was hired by Mc kinsey in the Ubited States and then he moved to Peru. Actually, he is the guy who interviewd me. So, consulting firms defenitely are looking talents at Andersson
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.33
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
It is finished! Seven round two applications, signed, sealed, delivered. Time for an entirely different flavor of stress. Good luck to my fellow Anderson R2ers!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.33
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Double post. Sleep deprivation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Anderson applicants! FYI if you're applying to UCLA-Anderson through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to join the Consortium roll call.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to, make sure your application cycle is 2011-2012 and the Consortium round (CGSM1 or CGSM2) you applied in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of conversation specific to Consortium candidates and the school(s) they are applying to.

Come and join the conversation! Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 2.66
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
How serious is Adcom about the "how will an MBA from UCLA Anderson specifically help you achieve these goals?" part of the 2nd essay? I am applying for R2. I just saw that part of the question and my essay doesn't answer that bit. :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.76
WE:Science (Other)
Send PM
Application submitted! Does anyone know when invites are likely to start being sent for round 2? The waiting will be hard for sure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Blonde wrote:
How serious is Adcom about the "how will an MBA from UCLA Anderson specifically help you achieve these goals?" part of the 2nd essay? I am applying for R2. I just saw that part of the question and my essay doesn't answer that bit. :(

Pretty important I'd say.. its critical to answer the question posed in the essay..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
submitted for R2. Done with all apps, finally.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krazo wrote:
Blonde wrote:

Pretty important I'd say.. its critical to answer the question posed in the essay..

I can't help but hoping for the best. It's submitted. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Blonde wrote:

To give you a no-b.s., frank answer, I think one of the more/most important aspects of almost any set of essays, is the "why ____ school?" question. It's the "show _____ school the love" opportunity.

That being said, hopefully your narrative will cover your goals and why the MBA, and maybe you might have more references to the school than you thought. It's easy to be overly-critical and read too much into your essays after submitting them. What's done is done. To keep your sanity, I recommend you NOT read your essays after you submit them.

Personally, I read my essays far too many times after I clicked "submit", and immediately began to second-guess myself. Every minute error or detail was quickly blown out of proportion by a set of eyes that was looking for errors (my own).

The admissions process is such a crap-shoot that you really can't predict the outcome. And while disheartening, if all else fails, there is always next year, at which time I'm sure you'll put together an application that is magnitudes better as you'll have learned from your previous mistakes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Has everyone who received an interview invite in the last week (the post-Christmas "second" wave) conducted their interviews?

I completed mine (off-campus, local alumni), this past Saturday.

I'm just curious and trying to get an idea, hoping that they'll release decisions a bit early.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.32
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Application for Admission was submitted on 1/11/2012 7:18:00 AM EST

id be surprised if i even get an interview

i read couple of sample personal essays. my God! everyone is poor, and took care of his 5 siblings after his parents death due to their towns water shortage, and he wants to educate the people in his town after he got an mba.

or he made a wise decision (although it was his boss's business not his) about some administrative issue in a third world country regarding child labor. and boom! his company made 70M$ and he won the nobel peace medal.

oh and by the way his worst weakness is
Quote:
".... self-criticism; as a perfectionist, I am rarely satisfied with my achievements. Rather than accept someone else's opinion that my work is excellent, I will continue to try to improve it. I also tend to focus on the negative and worry about small problems that could occur."
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
out of curiosity, where did you read these sample essays?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ardav wrote:
Application for Admission was submitted on 1/11/2012 7:18:00 AM EST

id be surprised if i even get an interview

i read couple of sample personal essays. my God! everyone is poor, and took care of his 5 siblings after his parents death due to their towns water shortage, and he wants to educate the people in his town after he got an mba.

or he made a wise decision (although it was his boss's business not his) about some administrative issue in a third world country regarding child labor. and boom! his company made 70M$ and he won the nobel peace medal.

oh and by the way his worst weakness is
Quote:
".... self-criticism; as a perfectionist, I am rarely satisfied with my achievements. Rather than accept someone else's opinion that my work is excellent, I will continue to try to improve it. I also tend to focus on the negative and worry about small problems that could occur."

:lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.32
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
ebonn101 wrote:
out of curiosity, where did you read these sample essays?

search for "mba sample essays" theres is a bunch. the one i read
"Ivy League Admission: 180 Successful Business School (MBA) Essays" also there are samples on books like "how to write an essay" etc
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts