Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:50 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [4]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:ISB, Tuck
 Q50  V39
GPA: 74.5
WE 1: 2.7 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:ISB, Tuck
 Q50  V39
GPA: 74.5
WE 1: 2.7 years
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Hey everyone! Good to see that there has finally been some movement in terms of interview invites and waivers. I'm currently in Evanston for DAK (Day At Kellogg, the admitted students weekend). Last Thursday night I had dinner with Michelle Rogers, the interim Director of Admissions, and I told her about all of the talk on GMAT Club. She told me personally, that the app volume from R2 is astronomical compared to R1. She said that they got a ton of people submitting Part 1 and Part 2 at the same time so that causes more paper work to be processed at one time and it's taking them a while to get through everything. Michelle even laughed because when she applied to b-school apps were done on paper. She mailed them in and waited for a letter in the mail saying yes, no, or maybe. There were no forums or online apps. She let me know that even though this is difficult for applicants it's much faster now than it was back then.

She even said that a waiver is no big deal at all. So if you got one don't worry about it. It means that they can now review your application and your interview invite will most likely come afterward. I know it's difficult but please be patient. Remember that Kellogg interviews almost everyone so you will likely get your shot. You're dealing with a small team of human beings who can only work but so fast. I highly recommend that you try to forget about it until you hear from them. Trying to judge when your interview or waiver is coming based on GMAT Club is an exercise in futility.

How is/was DAK?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Thanks for the recon, Cheetarah. If we ever meet - first beer's on me. I'm guessing a DAK lowdown is forthcoming?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Hey everyone! Good to see that there has finally been some movement in terms of interview invites and waivers. I'm currently in Evanston for DAK (Day At Kellogg, the admitted students weekend). Last Thursday night I had dinner with Michelle Rogers, the interim Director of Admissions, and I told her about all of the talk on GMAT Club. She told me personally, that the app volume from R2 is astronomical compared to R1. She said that they got a ton of people submitting Part 1 and Part 2 at the same time so that causes more paper work to be processed at one time and it's taking them a while to get through everything. Michelle even laughed because when she applied to b-school apps were done on paper. She mailed them in and waited for a letter in the mail saying yes, no, or maybe. There were no forums or online apps. She let me know that even though this is difficult for applicants it's much faster now than it was back then.

She even said that a waiver is no big deal at all. So if you got one don't worry about it. It means that they can now review your application and your interview invite will most likely come afterward. I know it's difficult but please be patient. Remember that Kellogg interviews almost everyone so you will likely get your shot. You're dealing with a small team of human beings who can only work but so fast. I highly recommend that you try to forget about it until you hear from them. Trying to judge when your interview or waiver is coming based on GMAT Club is an exercise in futility.

Thanks a ton bro! these words are very soothing!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
vibhav wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:

You're welcome. I thought you guys would appreciate hearing straight from the adcom. And FYI, I'm a chick.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
^ oops! sorry! almost forgot almost 1/3 of the class are chicks! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
adm209 wrote:
vibhav wrote:
Just went through the posts for R1 in this thread.. appears that the interview invites for India started trickling in between 6 through to the 7 week after the part 1 deadline. So i guess the invites should start coming in anytime soon. If you are located in India and get an invite/waiver make it a point to spread the word here!
Cheers.

hi i am from delhi and i received a waiver from kellogg. Although it says a waiver in no will affect the overall decision on you application and you will not be disadvantaged...

if you see the businessweek page for kellogg...it says...100% of admitted students were interviewed...i dont know how accurate that is... but if it is accurate... getting a waiver does mean that they wouldnt be taking me unless i receive an invite for interview at a later date...right? any opinions guys???

A waiver just means that they will begin review of your applications without your interview taking place. If you are in contention to be admitted they will offer you an invite to interview. Being put on a waiver is a little bit better in terms of knowing your standing. If you get an invite to interview later, it means they like your application
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
cheetarah1980 wrote:
vibhav wrote:

FYI, I'm a chick.

^ Someone didn't watch Thunder Thunder ThunderCats :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
i had my off-campus interview with an alum yesterday morning. i think it went pretty well but he asked A LOT of questions and the interview lasted for nearly an hour. it looked like he had a sheet he was taking notes on with questions...it was 2 pages long. surprisingly, he didn't really ask about my post-mba career plans...a lot of stuff about work experience and working teams (not surprising) and the typical why mba now and why kellogg questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
got invitation to a phone interview last Fri(email sending from admission office), then got the waive letter this morning(sending from interviewAlumni Interview Coordinator).

So I believe a waiver is nothing, just cheer up everyone~~~

PS:international applicant
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Calling Cheetarah1980, TheSenator, et.al
Where's your debrief on DAK? Inquiring minds want to know
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ok got a waiver 5hrs bk. My interview location preference was mumbai... now hoping for the best! good luck to those interviewing!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
forevercoco wrote:
got invitation to a phone interview last Fri(email sending from admission office), then got the waive letter this morning(sending from interviewAlumni Interview Coordinator).

I was interviewed on telephone last friday, and had received an invite last to last friday. And got an interview waiver today. I believe there are 2 separate teams working on the application. One team is reviewing the applications and the other team, may be the administrative staff, is just trying to coordinate interviews. FYI, I called the admissions office and asked if I can come to campus for interview, even though I selected off-campus option in application form, I was told it's not possible. That's why I feel, there are different people looking at the application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So for R2... after the interview... how long do you think it will take before we hear results?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
rajatar wrote:
forevercoco wrote:

I was interviewed on telephone last friday, and had received an invite last to last friday. And got an interview waiver today. I believe there are 2 separate teams working on the application. One team is reviewing the applications and the other team, may be the administrative staff, is just trying to coordinate interviews. FYI, I called the admissions office and asked if I can come to campus for interview, even though I selected off-campus option in application form, I was told it's not possible. That's why I feel, there are different people looking at the application.

wow, congrats! actually I asked whether I can I choose an on campus interview (since the adcom interviewing me whould actually spend 30 min talking to me, I thought an f2f one would be better), but they told me that the interview format (phone interview) can not be changed. That means even if I go to Kellogg, I still need to make a call to finish the interview. So I set up for 9:00 am Feb. 28th. I heard that there are some slots available on Feb 23rd, 28th and Mar 1st.

Hope it helps.
VP
VP
Send PM
clouds2012 wrote:
So for R2... after the interview... how long do you think it will take before we hear results?

Kellogg clearly states this on the website. The final decision day is listed on the main application deadline pages. In your app status it also gives an approximation of when decisions start rolling out. It's pretty straight forward and reliable.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
clouds2012 wrote:

Kellogg clearly states this on the website. The final decision day is listed on the main application deadline pages. In your app status it also gives an approximation of when decisions start rolling out. It's pretty straight forward and reliable.

"Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round."

So its possible to receive a decision the first week of March? I assume that's what they mean by "last few weeks of the round".
VP
VP
Send PM
cunit2k5 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
clouds2012 wrote:

"Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round."

So its possible to receive a decision the first week of March? I assume that's what they mean by "last few weeks of the round".

I don't know when the final decision day is for R2. I would not expect to hear anything more than 1-2 weeks in advance (likely 1 week based on R1 notifications). HTH.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74   75   76  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts