Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
cheetarah1980 wrote:
For the MILLIONTH time I will reiterate this to EVERYONE who is waiting for Kellogg to set up the off campus interview:

KELLOGG DOES NOT ISSUE INTERVIEW INVITES BASED ON THE STRENGTH OF YOUR APPLICATION. YOUR APP IS NOT EVEN READ UNTIL THE INTERVIEW IS COMPLETE. THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THIS IS IF YOU RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW WAIVER. A WAIVER IS NOT AN INDICATION OF THE STRENGTH OF YOUR APP. IT JUST MEANS THAT THEY ARE TAKING LONGER THAN USUAL TO GET AN ALUM TO INTERVIEW YOU AND WANT TO REVIEW YOUR APP WITHOUT THE INTERVIEW NOTES. IF YOU RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW AFTER RECEIVING THE WAIVER THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THAT YOU CAN TAKE IT AS A SIGN OF HOW KELLOGG VIEWS YOUR CANDIDACY. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW INVITE NOR A WAIVER IT SIMPLY MEANS THAT KELLOGG HASN'T GOTTEN TO YOU YET. THAT IS ALL!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT.

I don't mean to yell but this has been stated repeatedly in this thread, yet people keep asking the same questions and making incorrect assumptions without even bothering to read just a few posts back from their own. I do not expect anyone to read through 70 pages of posts, but going back a page or two would suffice. People want to be helpful but it gets annoying when the same question is asked ad nauseum and the people who are asking don't bother to pay attention to the answer.

Well, glad to know you're not yelling. Probably also very glad to know Kellogg is trying real hard to match me with an alum for an interview. My situation has two components -
a) I submitted part 1 on the 7th of December, a good 7 days before the deadline. Today is the 9th of Feb. It's been more than the 8 weeks that they talk about.
b) I have not received a single piece of communication so far. Yet, 2 days ago, the status of my online application changed to something like this - "All your materials are complete......blah blah blah"

What do you suggest I do in this case? Should I wait out the next 5 days if I don't hear back by the 14th and email them only after that or should I sit silently assuming Kellogg is just not able to find an alum or the time for a telephonic call and yet finds me too irresistible to issue a waiver?

I am no rockstar; I am not the paranoid over-achiever who thinks every school should put out a red carpet for me. No, I'm far from any of these...I belong to the the last category on your list. People who know me would vouch for that.

But 8 weeks and 2 days of silence (not to forget, in addition to somewhat ambiguous status changes) can make one feel really miserable. So if you have any comments, suggestions, wisecracks, post away (and in whichever font size you want)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Send PM
onechance wrote:
Well, glad to know you're not yelling. Probably also very glad to know Kellogg is trying real hard to match me with an alum for an interview. My situation has two components -
a) I submitted part 1 on the 7th of December, a good 7 days before the deadline. Today is the 9th of Feb. It's been more than the 8 weeks that they talk about.
b) I have not received a single piece of communication so far. Yet, 2 days ago, the status of my online application changed to something like this - "All your materials are complete......blah blah blah"

What do you suggest I do in this case? Should I wait out the next 5 days if I don't hear back by the 14th and email them only after that or should I sit silently assuming Kellogg is just not able to find an alum or the time for a telephonic call and yet finds me too irresistible to issue a waiver?

I am no rockstar; I am not the paranoid over-achiever who thinks every school should put out a red carpet for me. No, I'm far from any of these...I belong to the the last category on your list. People who know me would vouch for that.

But 8 weeks and 2 days of silence (not to forget, in addition to somewhat ambiguous status changes) can make one feel really miserable. So if you have any comments, suggestions, wisecracks, post away (and in whichever font size you want)

Well Kellogg says that interviews are to be conducted by March 3. That's the date by which I'd assume something is very wrong if I'd heard nothing (no interview invite and no waiver). Kellogg does seem to be much slower in setting up the interviews in R2 than they were in R1. My hunch is that the app volume is considerably higher than R1 and so it takes longer to wade through everything.

As for the status change, I believe rgupta already answered what this means (maybe 1 page back). It simply means that your essays, transcripts, GMAT, recs, etc. have all been received and there is nothing that they need from you. I believe that message even says that if your interview has been complete then your app is forwarded to the committee for review. If your interview is NOT complete then that's the last piece they are awaiting before it is reviewed. So take it at face value.

Look I know this process is stressful and that waiting sucks. I also realize that Kellogg is a different animal since interviews are almost always done prior to app review. There's no way to know where you stand with K until the decision day. But Kellogg does communicate the deadlines by which you should know something so just try to stick with those and be patient. I highly doubt that a school like Kellogg would let an applicant fall through the cracks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
onechance wrote:

Well Kellogg says that interviews are to be conducted by March 3. That's the date by which I'd assume something is very wrong if I'd heard nothing (no interview invite and no waiver). Kellogg does seem to be much slower in setting up the interviews in R2 than they were in R1. My hunch is that the app volume is considerably higher than R1 and so it takes longer to wade through everything.

As for the status change, I believe rgupta already answered what this means (maybe 1 page back). It simply means that your essays, transcripts, GMAT, recs, etc. have all been received and there is nothing that they need from you. I believe that message even says that if your interview has been complete then your app is forwarded to the committee for review. If your interview is NOT complete then that's the last piece they are awaiting before it is reviewed. So take it at face value.

Look I know this process is stressful and that waiting sucks. I also realize that Kellogg is a different animal since interviews are almost always done prior to app review. There's no way to know where you stand with K until the decision day. But Kellogg does communicate the deadlines by which you should know something so just try to stick with those and be patient. I highly doubt that a school like Kellogg would let an applicant fall through the cracks.

Thanks, Cheetarah. I'll take your suggestion and wait a little longer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
Hello everyone - I am going to Kellogg next week (arriving Wednesday the 15th lunch/afternoon) and interviewing Thursday lunchtime. I am leaning towards/planning to get a hotel near campus for Wednesday night. Anyone else heading that way and interested in splitting a room? Or perhaps already have one and want to split the cost?

I'm a normal guy, just tired of looking at my dwindling bank account due to travel, app fees, etc.

If it makes sense, shoot me a pm. Either way, good luck everyone.
Jackson
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GRE 1: Q161 V154
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
onechance wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
onechance wrote:

Thanks, Cheetarah. I'll take your suggestion and wait a little longer.

Just to throw my 2 cents in....

I submitted part one of my app on Sept 19th(originally planned to submit R1 but didn't until R2) and did not receive an interview waiver until Jan 8th....15weeks later.

I submitted part 2 on the R2 deadline, Jan 10th, and received an interview invite on Jan 23rd.

So to cheetarah's point, they will get to you...its just a matter of time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.8
WE:Research (Computer Software)
Send PM
JMG wrote:
My app just says:
Part I submitted
Part 2 submitted

Nothing else....I already had my interview.

Anybody has de same status as me?

+1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
nikheel wrote:
JMG wrote:
My app just says:
Part I submitted
Part 2 submitted

+1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
JMG wrote:
nikheel wrote:
JMG wrote:
My app just says:
Part I submitted
Part 2 submitted

+1

Hey guys

If you go to Kelloggs full-time MBA program website, you'll see on the right-side panel an option for "Check Application Status." I'd post the link but this forum won't let me. In any case, you can log in and see what the status says there. Mine says "All the required elements of your application are complete."

Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.8
WE:Research (Computer Software)
Send PM
Theia wrote:
nikheel wrote:
JMG wrote:
My app just says:
Part I submitted
Part 2 submitted

+1

Hey guys

If you go to Kelloggs full-time MBA program website, you'll see on the right-side panel an option for "Check Application Status." I'd post the link but this forum won't let me. In any case, you can log in and see what the status says there. Mine says "All the required elements of your application are complete."

Hope that helps.

Neat, Thanks Theia! This page does state the "All the required elements of your application are complete..." yada yada

All that time spent refreshing the AY site. :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
i got an email from the alumni interview coordinator around 5.30pm EST with an interview assignment. i'm based in south east asia and going into social enterprise. hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
gmgismo , been through the same situation.. Submitted my Part I in Sept and Part II in Jan...
Was waived an interview in Jan, lost all hope until I just received a phone interview call! So hold on ... trust your application to work .. it definitely WILL :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Does Kellogg offer non co-signor loans for international applicants...Asking this question since the options on the website as here:-
https://www.northwestern.edu/sfs/loan_in ... loans.html
are confusing for me.

THanks,
Ash.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Finally got my off-campus interview assignment. Did everyone just review their essays, the questions in the Wiki site and those found in this forum? Did anyone buy the Clear Admit guide? I'm wondering if it's any good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Got an interviewer waiver couple of hours ago. I am from Bangalore, India.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
vicky615 wrote:
Got an interviewer waiver couple of hours ago. I am from Bangalore, India.

Same here. got a mail yesterday. I'm based in bangalore too. Mind sharing your profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
JacksonCinco wrote:
Hello everyone - I am going to Kellogg next week (arriving Wednesday the 15th lunch/afternoon) and interviewing Thursday lunchtime. I am leaning towards/planning to get a hotel near campus for Wednesday night. Anyone else heading that way and interested in splitting a room? Or perhaps already have one and want to split the cost?

I'm a normal guy, just tired of looking at my dwindling bank account due to travel, app fees, etc.

If it makes sense, shoot me a pm. Either way, good luck everyone.
Jackson

If you don't end up finding someone to split costs (and maybe even if you do), I'd recommend the Margarita Inn as a cheap and very unique hotel.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Well guys I finally had my Kellogg interview (Indian based in Delhi). I thought it went well - the interviewer basically made me walk him through my life, kept prodding me for details and I kept obliging. Overall I was happy with the interview, talked as much as I could!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  69   70   71   72   73   74   75  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts