Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 23:47 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 23:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 520 Q40 V21
GPA: 2.95
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 205 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Work Experience Requirement [#permalink]
Kunal37 wrote:
Hi All,

I have 3 years of work ex in IT industry and by next admission session it would have become almost 3.5. Is this work ex coupled with a 700+ score on the GMAT good enough for the top B schools?

Thanks,
Kunal.

Hi Kunal,

Sometimes work experience and a good GMAT score always need not work. An overall good profile with the best possible application essays will help you make it to the interview round. You academics also play an important role in the admission process. Do you have any kind of location preference or target schools? Which specialization ? If you already have a GMAT score you can try out your chances at B-Schools here: https://goo.gl/RZg44t

All the best!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Neha,

Actually I am going to appear for the GMAT this month. I am targetting a score of 700+. Fingers crossed :)
My intention behind asking this question was that whether 3.5 yrs work ex will be decent enough?
There are actually a few threads on this forum where the average work ex, gmat score and other data about the top b schools are available. From that information it appears that my work ex will be on the lower side if I apply for next year. I have a decent academic record. My preferred stream is Finance but till now I haven't worked in it(As stated in my previous mail, I am working in an IT multinational). If I keep on working here for a couple of more years, it won't help me in any way to strengthen my resume for an MBA in finance. Please advise :|

Thanks,
Kunal
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 205 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Kunal37 wrote:
Hi Neha,

Actually I am going to appear for the GMAT this month. I am targetting a score of 700+. Fingers crossed :)
My intention behind asking this question was that whether 3.5 yrs work ex will be decent enough?
There are actually a few threads on this forum where the average work ex, gmat score and other data about the top b schools are available. From that information it appears that my work ex will be on the lower side if I apply for next year. I have a decent academic record. My preferred stream is Finance but till now I haven't worked in it(As stated in my previous mail, I am working in an IT multinational). If I keep on working here for a couple of more years, it won't help me in any way to strengthen my resume for an MBA in finance. Please advise :|

Thanks,
Kunal

Hi Kunal,

It is the right time for you to apply. Try getting the best possible GMAT score. Higher the score better the chances. As mentioned earlier applying to the right B-Schools and submitting the best possible application essays will definitely help you get an admission. You will have to choose the B-Schools wisely. If you would try this tool you will get a better idea of the schools: https://goo.gl/RZg44t

If you are based out of Bangalore, Mumbai or Delhi, you can meet the alumni from top B-Schools: https://goo.gl/nfR3w5

Cheers!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Neha,
I just got done with my GMAT. I scored a 720 (Q48, V41, IR 5). Awaiting my AWA scores.
I got 87% in 10th
84% in 12 th
Completed my BE in Electronics and communications with a 65% aggregate.
I will complete 3 years of work ex in an IT multinational in August 2014. Is this score and profile good enough for ISB, Hyderabad? Also, can I target any US B schools where i can secure a scholarship?

Thanks,
Kunal.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 594 [0]
Given Kudos: 171
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kunal37 wrote:
Hi Neha,

Thanks,
Kunal

Hi Kunal,

Having a GMAT score of 700+ and acquiring 4.5 years of work experience at matriculation (when you join b-school), you will be in good shape to apply to many other US b-schools that are better ranked as compared to Florida State University. Keep your options open and widen that list to include some other b-schools as well.

Its difficult to predict your chances at ISB because of lack of information about you and your professional experience. Reach out to discuss further. Do send us your resume at contact@mbadecoder.com
GMAT Club Bot