Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.39
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.39
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Andrew –

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we definitely like to take a nuanced and deeper approach to working with our clients.

With respect to the individual advice on each school, that is something that would be best discussed and developed via phone consultation. Please Adam and me at MBA@Amerasiaconsulting.com.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

AK_X3 wrote:
Hey Adam,

Thanks for the fantastic review, really provided a lot of insight. I have decided to postpone my MBA applications for at least a year. I am pursuing a career change back to start-up sized technology, so I think I will stay there for at least two years before matriculating for an MBA.

In my thoughts of my MBA it has become clear to me that I am still split between consulting and technology post-MBA. Although my career path is not set in stone when I enter into an MBA, I'd much prefer to have a clear mindset when applying and during my education, so this will undoubtedly help me career-wise. I am also in the middle of a surgery recovery and I was unable to visit any programs in the Spring, so I think this delay will really let me put my best applications forward by delaying. In addition, one more year will put less of a weight on my GPA and hopefully more of a weight on the other, stronger parts of my app while also granting more leadership potential and examples for essays.

I was wondering, do you have any nuances you can type out for the following schools? You and Amerasia seem to have very valuable insights into what each schools are looking for, and how that matches up with my profile. I have heard some typical tendencies, Harvard and GSB skew younger candidates. HBS loves loves loves true leadership, GSB really likes innovative thinkers and changers. I've heard that Wharton really likes to see high GMAT's and may overlook lower GPA's for sky-high GMAT's.

I would really appreciate any insight into GSB, HBS, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Tuck, Haas, Yale SOM along those lines. Or also any other very good schools that you may think could be high chance for my candidacy (with high GMAT, lower GPA, young, great extracurricular etc.) You had previously mentioned how it may be tougher for me with Kellogg and Haas. Any insights into difficulties as well, with Haas I am assuming that it is their tendency for high high GPA's.

It seems to me that Amerasia's mindset on this is much deeper than that of other resources I have used such as other consultants and books so I am deeply interested into these insights.

Thanks,

Andrew
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Please evaluate my profile [#permalink]