Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 22:18 It is currently 03 May 2024, 22:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
In that case, I'm wondering why all wait listed applicants are still waiting. If most (if not all) seats are full, then we should see some rejects from the wait list too and even that's not happening. Also even if they received 2100 applicants, the only applications left to review are wait listed ones right ?
The only reason I can think of is they're waiting to see if anyone withdraws at the every end, and so we still have a diverse enough wait list pool to choose from. That means a very very long wait.

Btw, does anyone know how many applications are waitlisted? Around 5-10% of the total (2100 in this case)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If I don't hear anything by the week of July 9th I'll probably remove myself from the WL. Need to make decisions on other options and I can't delay anymore.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The only thing I'm looking forward to today (June 22) is a blogpost :) The last two AdCom blogposts have been on May 22 and April 22. So at least we'll get some info, though I'm guessing it's going to be on the lines of '...wait list applications are still in the process of being reviewed'

Edit- There was one on Jan 22 too. So there you go.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
There was a blogpost today but it was on the 2012-2013 application cycle deadlines and the essay topics. No mention of waitlist whatsoever. I really think the class is pretty much full at this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Then why have no decisions been sent out yet :( It's very painful to continue to wait for the inevitable
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.31
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
anantharamv wrote:
In that case, I'm wondering why all wait listed applicants are still waiting. If most (if not all) seats are full, then we should see some rejects from the wait list too and even that's not happening. Also even if they received 2100 applicants, the only applications left to review are wait listed ones right ?
The only reason I can think of is they're waiting to see if anyone withdraws at the every end, and so we still have a diverse enough wait list pool to choose from. That means a very very long wait.

Btw, does anyone know how many applications are waitlisted? Around 5-10% of the total (2100 in this case)?

This is my understanding of the current situation as well anantharamv. Perhaps the people who have been accepted at Johnson are waitlisted at another school which is their top choice, and although they have paid the required deposit and all at Johnson, should their WL status change to an admit in their 1st choice school, they would leave an empty seat at Johnson and hence what you are saying about AdCom wishing to have a diverse pool of WL candidates to choose from makes complete sense.

The final week of June is upon us starting today. Fingers fully crossed we see some WL movement this week and have some positive news to share! Good luck to all! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes hassanijaz, in which case the lats week of June isn't going to see a lot of activity. I think we can only expect something mid-July to August.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Not sure if I can post this but the clearadmit page says -

Current State: 6/27/2012: A fair number of waitlisted applicants have received status updates in the past few weeks, but others are still waiting.

What's a fair number?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nope...nothing. Since this week is an extended holiday for most people here in the U.S. don't expect to hear anything this week. Really don't expect any good news frankly.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guess you are right, mbawannabe2015 . Probably too late to have any kind of expectation :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
mbawannabe2015 wrote:
Nope...nothing. Since this week is an extended holiday for most people here in the U.S. don't expect to hear anything this week. Really don't expect any good news frankly.

I spoke with Christine from the admission office, she said that the school hopes to send out a decision to all waitlisters by July 15th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh so this means I can expect the ding letter to come on July 15th? Good to know then. Was thinking of sending in something else to my Wl manager with another recommendation letter but won't bother anymore at this point it's a lost cause.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, lost cause indeed. But did she even mention, even vaguely, that few more offers could go out? I'm clinging on by the proverbial thread here...
My guess is the class is completely full, and they don't realistically expect anyone to withdraw by July 15th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
anantharamv wrote:
Yes, lost cause indeed. But did she even mention, even vaguely, that few more offers could go out? I'm clinging on by the proverbial thread here...
My guess is the class is completely full, and they don't realistically expect anyone to withdraw by July 15th.

Anyone heard anything? I know a few people just got off the waitlist from Kellog.
Just wondering what's taking them so long.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No word here and if anything I think I'll be getting a ding email very soon. Orientation I think is Augusy 5th so we are talking about just under four weeks from now.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think there are many people on the waitlist who are not interested but just haven't withdrawn their names from the wait list. Even though it's just sending a mail, many just don't do it, and so the ad com has no idea how many ppl are still interested at this stage :( And that's making things much more difficult. Don't think it's of any use though. Just a matter of time for the inevitable. I think we all know what's going to happen, we are just waiting for it to come officially.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts